Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) 13:10 - Sep 15 with 4644 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:10 - Sep 15 with 3110 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:13 - Sep 15 with 3069 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:10 - Sep 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

If we lose one I can live with it to be fair , lose both and I'd be pretty upset

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:13 - Sep 15 with 3069 viewsWarkystache

Back in League One next season then......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:16 - Sep 15 with 3035 viewsHerbivore

Don't know how legit that is but at that price I'd probably sell. I rate Jackson and think he has the potential to be a very effective right sided forward in our 4-3-3 but Lambert clearly doesn't see it that way. Is Jackson worth more to us than £2.5m as a central striker in a 4-3-3? Very doubtful. Pocket the money and use what little budget we have left to sign someone more suited to the central role, even if only on loan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:17 - Sep 15 with 3022 viewsChrisd

£2.5m is a decent return for us on a player many thought was too pricey at £1.6m. Disappointing to see him go, if the story is true, but it seems once PL has made his mind up he's not one for turning.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:17 - Sep 15 with 3015 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I actually rate him more than most but it’s evident that he doesn’t really fit into what Lambert wants us to do. So that’s great news if true

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:21 - Sep 15 with 2956 viewsgordon

Think he's decent enough too but that's a reasonable price, and turning a profit on a Paul Hurst signing is not to be sniffed at.
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 2931 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm starting the motor up now, where does Kayden need picking up from?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 2932 viewsJ2BLUE

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:17 - Sep 15 by Chrisd

£2.5m is a decent return for us on a player many thought was too pricey at £1.6m. Disappointing to see him go, if the story is true, but it seems once PL has made his mind up he's not one for turning.

This is why Evans' lack of investment in the Championship was so baffling. Fee inflation means if even one signing does half decent they'll likely go for a lot more.

All too late now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:33 - Sep 15 with 2817 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yes please!!

But cannot believe that story is true, £2.5m?! Really?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:33 - Sep 15 with 2817 viewstractordownsouth

Absolutely no point in selling him. Whilst we have a technically gifted team, we are desperately lacking pace and Jackson would be well suited to playing wide in the front 3. Besides, with the salary cap we can’t get anyone better in anyway.

£2.5m is good money but not if we can’t use it properly

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:35 - Sep 15 with 2785 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:33 - Sep 15 by tractordownsouth

Absolutely no point in selling him. Whilst we have a technically gifted team, we are desperately lacking pace and Jackson would be well suited to playing wide in the front 3. Besides, with the salary cap we can’t get anyone better in anyway.

The salary cap doesn't prevent us going and getting the best 19/20 year old from League 1 / 2.

That should be our next move.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2785 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:33 - Sep 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes please!!

Jackson has consistently been one of our best players last season.

Baffling posts from you today. First you think the match against Fulham is important so Norwood shouldn't play and then you posted in the news comments that Jackson is behind Drinan in the pecking order.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2782 viewsITFC_96

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:35 - Sep 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

The salary cap doesn't prevent us going and getting the best 19/20 year old from League 1 / 2.

That should be our next move.

Why would we buy new 19/20 year olds when we are already trying to send them out on loan?
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2777 viewsPositivelyPortman

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:33 - Sep 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes please!!

You and Default are crazy. He was joint leading scorer for us last season, and you know full well he’ll be replaced by a has been crock on loan. Some people.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:37 - Sep 15 with 2759 viewsMetal_Hacker

Absolutely correct but if his manager doesn't rate him in that position ..then surely we sell ?

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:40 - Sep 15 with 2718 viewsBiGDonnie

Not sure if we've seen the same Jackson play because the one I've seen would be a shockingly bad winger with his touch, reading of the game and final product. One of the worst first touches I've ever seen on a professional football pitch.

£2.5m is quality business.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 13:52]

COYBs

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:40 - Sep 15 with 2709 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 15 by ITFC_96

Why would we buy new 19/20 year olds when we are already trying to send them out on loan?

The 19/20 year olds eyed for loans are midfielders and we have an over loaded midfield.

Buying the highly rated 19/20 year olds that are ready for first team action in areas we were in need is a sensible model.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:42 - Sep 15 with 2679 viewsITFC_96

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:40 - Sep 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

The 19/20 year olds eyed for loans are midfielders and we have an over loaded midfield.

Buying the highly rated 19/20 year olds that are ready for first team action in areas we were in need is a sensible model.

The squad is overloaded in every position except defence...
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:43 - Sep 15 with 2667 viewsMonkeyAlan

Sell sell sell. I'd snap their hands off if they are that desperate to pay that sort of money for him. He isn't worth a pickled egg and a bag of crisps to be honest.
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:46 - Sep 15 with 2640 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:42 - Sep 15 by ITFC_96

The squad is overloaded in every position except defence...

I wouldn't say we were over loaded up front to be fair :

Hawkins (target man / not prolific goal scorer really)
Norwood (jury is out)
Drinan (unproven)
Jackson (seemingly wants away)

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:46 - Sep 15 with 2642 viewsbournemouthblue

A lack of pace was evident on Saturday

But then again Otobor is available at the end of September on a free, if we were to sell Jackson and replace him with someone like that, we could do far worse?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:47 - Sep 15 with 2626 viewsBiGDonnie

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 15 by PositivelyPortman

You and Default are crazy. He was joint leading scorer for us last season, and you know full well he’ll be replaced by a has been crock on loan. Some people.

£2.5m for a striker who couldn't control a bad of sand...

Deal.

COYBs

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:52 - Sep 15 with 2562 viewsMonkeyAlan

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:46 - Sep 15 by Metal_Hacker

I wouldn't say we were over loaded up front to be fair :

Hawkins (target man / not prolific goal scorer really)
Norwood (jury is out)
Drinan (unproven)
Jackson (seemingly wants away)

Sears is a striker. People forget that. He is wasted out wide. Would score a lot more if he actually got to play in his preferred position. Has never had a real run through the middle. And won't with Lambert's preferred system
Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 2533 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jackson £2.5m to Birmingham (n/t) on 13:52 - Sep 15 by MonkeyAlan

Sears is a striker. People forget that. He is wasted out wide. Would score a lot more if he actually got to play in his preferred position. Has never had a real run through the middle. And won't with Lambert's preferred system

Not so sure but seems he's being played out wide anyway.I don't doubt his goal scoring ability but I think he'd get more cutting on from the left that up top

Would Sears be able to battle against some of the lumps we sit sat at the back in this league ? I'm skeptical to be fair

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024