Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million 14:51 - Sep 15 with 2450 viewsRocky

Fat chance, I know.
We wouldn't be able to spend a penny of it?
So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 14:56 - Sep 15 with 2418 viewsJ2BLUE

No, Accrington and Rochdale have put their foot down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:02 - Sep 15 with 2392 viewsBent_double

Well we could, and assuming we broke the salary cap, just pay the fine that would come our way.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:05 - Sep 15 with 2377 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:08 - Sep 15 with 2364 viewsGeoffSentence

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:05 - Sep 15 by BryanPlug

No need for that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:08 - Sep 15 with 2352 viewsBryanPlug

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:08 - Sep 15 by GeoffSentence

No need for that.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:10 - Sep 15 with 2339 viewsGeoffSentence

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:08 - Sep 15 by BryanPlug

Fair play for the edit Mr Plug. Have an uppy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:13 - Sep 15 with 2322 viewsjayessess

As I understand it the current situation is that we couldn't offer any additional wages and remain under the salary cap. We could, presumably, circumvent that by signing under-age players currently exempt from the salary cap.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:28 - Sep 15 with 2168 viewsScuzzer

For that amount we would be able to pay off his debt and then he could sling his hook.

Established 1968

Login to get fewer ads

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:39 - Sep 15 with 2135 viewsITFC_96

I don't see the salary cap lasting very long. There will be much more uproar after the "baking in" period is over. The whole thing is all over the place.
So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:46 - Sep 15 with 2094 viewsElderGrizzly

Under the rules, we can spend £90m on a transfer fee if we want, but can't breach the £2.5m salary cap for the squad.

Best estimate i've seen has us with about £400k wriggle room left, or about £8k a week.
So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:50 - Sep 15 with 2075 viewsjayessess

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:46 - Sep 15 by ElderGrizzly

Under the rules, we can spend £90m on a transfer fee if we want, but can't breach the £2.5m salary cap for the squad.

Best estimate i've seen has us with about £400k wriggle room left, or about £8k a week.

I thought the club's official line on that was that we were at the cap, more or less.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:26 - Sep 15 with 2001 viewsElderGrizzly

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:50 - Sep 15 by jayessess

I thought the club's official line on that was that we were at the cap, more or less.

It won't be far off. I thought £400k left was optimistic.

Our three new signings, Hawkins, Ward and Cornell count on full wages. The other over 21s only count as £113k a year. Anyone U21 is 'free'

From my estimate we have about 17 over 21s who count as first team squad members, plus those three.
17 x £113k is 1.9m
Ward - maybe £4k a week? = £200k
The other two maybe £2k a week each = £200k

So probably about £200k left is more realistic?
So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:44 - Sep 15 with 1968 viewsParisBlue

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 15:02 - Sep 15 by Bent_double

Well we could, and assuming we broke the salary cap, just pay the fine that would come our way.

The Bournemouth and Leicester model...

Let's just get promoted so the problem disappears. 25 more wins should do it.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:52 - Sep 15 with 1951 viewsBlueBadger

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 16:39 - Sep 15 by ITFC_96

I don't see the salary cap lasting very long. There will be much more uproar after the "baking in" period is over. The whole thing is all over the place.

It's an ultimately massively self-defeating thing for the lower league clubs. Clubs without even our resources will struggle to recruit and retain players because there's always the shadow of having to cut wage costs on relegation plus others will rather take the option 'more money and fight for a place' in the Championship than stay in League One.

It'll lead to a lot being unable to compete and the Champ and Premier League going 'these clubs can't compete, Premier League 1 and 2 here we go'.

And we will probably finish 7th the season it comes in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:55 - Sep 15 with 1944 viewsSwansea_Blue

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:52 - Sep 15 by BlueBadger

It's an ultimately massively self-defeating thing for the lower league clubs. Clubs without even our resources will struggle to recruit and retain players because there's always the shadow of having to cut wage costs on relegation plus others will rather take the option 'more money and fight for a place' in the Championship than stay in League One.

It'll lead to a lot being unable to compete and the Champ and Premier League going 'these clubs can't compete, Premier League 1 and 2 here we go'.

And we will probably finish 7th the season it comes in.

Yeah, it's nuts in its current form. I'm a fan of a salary cap, but it would have to be across all leagues and nations (so not going to happen) for it to even begin to address some of the unbalances in the game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 18:06 - Sep 15 with 1903 viewsTrequartista

We could hire some very expensive lawyers with that money to ensure we are not punished if we breach the cap.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 21:18 - Sep 15 with 1814 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So if we suddenly sold a player for £90 million on 17:55 - Sep 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, it's nuts in its current form. I'm a fan of a salary cap, but it would have to be across all leagues and nations (so not going to happen) for it to even begin to address some of the unbalances in the game.

Penalty is = £1 over spend = £3 fine !!

Aren’t the pfa still looking at this restriction in earnings?

This was brought in so quickly it does seems wrong - no time to correct.

Wigan are now in a better position than us as they don’t have to get rid of dead wood and their purchases can fit into the cap along with the smaller budgeted teams.

I just don’t get it why you can’t spend any extra money generated via sponsors merchandise and ticketing!
ME will be recouping some money now - as tickets advertising and merchandise must virtually cover the £2.5m cap - and his £6m yearly investment isn’t required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024