Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Open Golf 14:54 - Sep 15 with 6388 viewsJ2BLUE

Who do you fancy to win it?

Paddy Power paying 10 places. At the last major (I think) like an absolute idiot I backed Rose EW on day one. Seven places instead of the pre-tournament 10. He came top 10 but not top 7

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US Open Golf on 15:36 - Sep 15 with 3373 viewsSuperblue95

Virtually impossible to guess who will win a golf major.

I usually back 2/3 biggish names who are usually there or thereabouts who’s odds look high. Haven’t paid much attention at all to any golf in the past couple of years but going off previous knowledge I’ve stuck a few quid on the following each way.

Jason Day 35/1
Henrik Stenson 100/1
Matt Kuchar 100/1

Betfair paying out 10 places too.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

US Open Golf on 15:39 - Sep 15 with 3366 viewsIllinoisblue

Tiger ew at 50/1 worth a nibble?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

US Open Golf on 15:47 - Sep 15 with 3353 viewsbluefunk

Rahm, DJ and Morikawa will be thereabouts, DeChambeau will be too
US Open Golf on 16:03 - Sep 15 with 3335 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Without looking at odds and knowing their value, I like
Finau
Schauffele
Cantlay
Berger

Bryson always in with a shot right now
US Open Golf on 16:03 - Sep 15 with 3335 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had 5 points on the winning score to be Evens or worse at 6/5.

This will be the hardest course of the year without doubt. Rough is ankle deep.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

US Open Golf on 16:08 - Sep 15 with 3322 viewsfactual_blue

trump will win it. He's the bigly greatest, most beautiful golfer ever.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

US Open Golf on 16:32 - Sep 15 with 3294 viewsstrikalite

Spieth is 80/1, as an E/W that stands out..
US Open Golf on 16:45 - Sep 15 with 3270 viewsitfcjoe

I've backed Xander as is the name of my youngest, not many of them about - and he's in good form and pretty handy!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

US Open Golf on 16:52 - Sep 15 with 3253 viewsMoriarty

Matthew Fitzpatrick (40/1) and a smaller stake on Victor Perez (250/1)..

10 places.

fka omuircheartaigh

US Open Golf on 16:54 - Sep 15 with 3248 viewsMoriarty

US Open Golf on 16:03 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Rahm did a practice round there in the last few days and said something along the lines of if someone finishes even par, they'll win it. In 2006, Ogilvy won at Winged Foot on +5.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 16:55]

fka omuircheartaigh

US Open Golf on 16:55 - Sep 15 with 3243 viewsBryanPlug

US Open Golf on 15:36 - Sep 15 by Superblue95

I usually back 2/3 biggish names who are usually there or thereabouts who’s odds look high. Haven’t paid much attention at all to any golf in the past couple of years but going off previous knowledge I’ve stuck a few quid on the following each way.

Jason Day 35/1
Henrik Stenson 100/1
Matt Kuchar 100/1

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

US Open Golf on 17:00 - Sep 15 with 3227 viewsMoriarty

US Open Golf on 15:36 - Sep 15 by Superblue95

Jason Day 35/1
Henrik Stenson 100/1
Matt Kuchar 100/1

This might help?!

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/us-open-player-by-player-guide/184175

fka omuircheartaigh

US Open Golf on 17:12 - Sep 15 with 3205 viewsSuperblue95

US Open Golf on 17:00 - Sep 15 by Moriarty

This might help?!

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/us-open-player-by-player-guide/184175

My bets suddenly don’t look so good!

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

US Open Golf on 17:30 - Sep 15 with 3181 viewsBlueStreak

Morikawa is favourite for me. Doesnt miss a green with his irons and that is essential as the up and down % around here is 40% when it is usually 60% at other PGA events.

Also have money on Tommy Fleetwood who will be there or there abouts.

Someone mention Speith. No chance, he is so out of touch 80/1 seems really short. Same with Tiger, no chance.
US Open Golf on 18:51 - Sep 15 with 3148 viewsstrikalite

US Open Golf on 17:30 - Sep 15 by BlueStreak

Morikawa is favourite for me. Doesnt miss a green with his irons and that is essential as the up and down % around here is 40% when it is usually 60% at other PGA events.

Also have money on Tommy Fleetwood who will be there or there abouts.

Someone mention Speith. No chance, he is so out of touch 80/1 seems really short. Same with Tiger, no chance.

You can't write Speith off for everything that he's done, yes totally out of form give you that hence the price but he keeps it in play off the tee he will defo be top 10...(he says :))
US Open Golf on 19:12 - Sep 15 with 3128 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

US Open Golf on 16:03 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Bet365 have shortened this to odds on. Other bookies have made their spread with Paddy Power have 2+ or worse at 4/6!

BetVictor go 21/20 on Level Par or Worse so I’ve had another 4 points on that.

Now have 9 points split between 6/5 and 21/20 on the winning score being Level or worse. Think that’s an absolute stormer or a bet tbh.

US Open Golf on 21:19 - Sep 15 with 3080 viewsJ2BLUE

US Open Golf on 19:12 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Bet365 have shortened this to odds on. Other bookies have made their spread with Paddy Power have 2+ or worse at 4/6!

BetVictor go 21/20 on Level Par or Worse so I’ve had another 4 points on that.

Now have 9 points split between 6/5 and 21/20 on the winning score being Level or worse. Think that’s an absolute stormer or a bet tbh.

Not sure how big your bank is but 9 points sound a decent chunk.

I don't mean to be patronising as you're no mug but as someone who has fallen into the trap many times of thinking something is a banker and gone in large with several top ups I have to say be careful. From reading that Sporting Life preview (thanks for posting whoever that was) it seems there are quite a few who have it in them to have a really decent score.

Truly impaired.

US Open Golf on 22:57 - Sep 15 with 3034 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

US Open Golf on 21:19 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

Not sure how big your bank is but 9 points sound a decent chunk.

I don't mean to be patronising as you're no mug but as someone who has fallen into the trap many times of thinking something is a banker and gone in large with several top ups I have to say be careful. From reading that Sporting Life preview (thanks for posting whoever that was) it seems there are quite a few who have it in them to have a really decent score.

Usually bet around 10 points on the majors mate.

Will be betting a bit more than 10 this time after a few singles.

In my head before the prices, I wanted 1+ or worse at 5/6. To get odds against and an extra shot, makes it well worth the bet. If it loses, I have the value. As proven in the sense it’s odds on with bet365 since my bet.

US Open Golf on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 2902 viewsfloridablue

Just had a phone call from a local friend of the family that young Sam Horsfield, British born, although emigrated with his family to Orlando area when he was very young has been withdrawn after testing positive with Covid. I've followed his progress for years as they live on a golf course community where I played a round or two back in my swinging days. Also, my cocker spaniel was the brother of theirs, both have since died. Worrying as the family has grandmother living here and according to the family friend the sister has also tested positive. Golfing locals were all hoping Sam would have a decent Open as he recently won 2 European tournaments. Years ago, a group of us Brits used to discuss him over a few beers saying we should place a 'decent' bet on him winning one of the majors.... never did,and bet that would have been great odds back then!
US Open Golf on 17:05 - Sep 16 with 2880 viewsstrikalite

US Open Golf on 16:51 - Sep 16 by floridablue

Just had a phone call from a local friend of the family that young Sam Horsfield, British born, although emigrated with his family to Orlando area when he was very young has been withdrawn after testing positive with Covid. I've followed his progress for years as they live on a golf course community where I played a round or two back in my swinging days. Also, my cocker spaniel was the brother of theirs, both have since died. Worrying as the family has grandmother living here and according to the family friend the sister has also tested positive. Golfing locals were all hoping Sam would have a decent Open as he recently won 2 European tournaments. Years ago, a group of us Brits used to discuss him over a few beers saying we should place a 'decent' bet on him winning one of the majors.... never did,and bet that would have been great odds back then!

I did wonder why he had no odds from any of the bookies....well betvictor still thinks he can do it as 175/1!
US Open Golf on 17:39 - Sep 16 with 2851 viewsfloridablue

US Open Golf on 17:05 - Sep 16 by strikalite

I did wonder why he had no odds from any of the bookies....well betvictor still thinks he can do it as 175/1!

Makes me wonder what the odds 'our group' would've got had we placed a bet on a very young Sam, 10 plus years ago to win a major. He carded the lowest round ever at Highlands Reserve course down the road from me when he was just a teen. I still think he will in the not to distant future.
US Open Golf on 18:08 - Sep 16 with 2832 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Xander E/W.

Rickie Fowler and Matthew Wolff obviously talented players a little out of form, can switch it on though.

Little outsider look at someone like Viktor Hovland. Speith seems really long odds at 80/1

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

US Open Golf on 18:55 - Sep 16 with 2807 viewsstrikalite

US Open Golf on 17:39 - Sep 16 by floridablue

Makes me wonder what the odds 'our group' would've got had we placed a bet on a very young Sam, 10 plus years ago to win a major. He carded the lowest round ever at Highlands Reserve course down the road from me when he was just a teen. I still think he will in the not to distant future.

I'll keep my eye on him now....

Well, done a few in the end, doesn't matter how many I choose I rarely get anything back, though just interest bets really..

Fleetwood £1 win 30/1
Casey £1 win 55/1
Tyrrell Hatton £1 e/w 40/1
Spieth £1 e/w 100/1
Fitzpatrick £1 win 50/1
and couldn't resist Matt Wallace at 200/1 so 50p e/w

Let the lottery begin..
US Open Golf on 19:15 - Sep 16 with 2796 viewsJamestownPrince

Had each way bets (11 places in Skybet)

de Chambeau 20/1
Fleetwood (probably be second!) 25/1
Ossthuizen 60/1
US Open Golf on 21:56 - Sep 16 with 2765 viewsJ2BLUE

US Open Golf on 22:57 - Sep 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Usually bet around 10 points on the majors mate.

Will be betting a bit more than 10 this time after a few singles.

In my head before the prices, I wanted 1+ or worse at 5/6. To get odds against and an extra shot, makes it well worth the bet. If it loses, I have the value. As proven in the sense it’s odds on with bet365 since my bet.

Good stuff, good luck.

Just found a great offer from Paddy Power. £10 fantasy competition where you get your entry fee back if Dustion Johnson makes the cut. Had two goes (one using someone else's account) so that will give me a nice bit of interest keeping an eye on 12 golfers (13 until Johnson hopefully makes the cut).

Filling up fast and only 4000 places left if anyone is interested:

https://promos.paddypower.com/promotion?promoCode=PGAMBSUSOPEN2020

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024