Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serial Killer Books - worth reading 04:49 - Sep 16 with 2441 viewsstiff_talking

Here are my favorites so far ;

I’ll be gone in the dark - Michelle McNamara (sadly Michelle died before completion of this fine novel. But this book led to capture of the Golden State killer and A US series is in the works)

The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule (classic story written by Ted Bundy personal friend)

Zodiac - Robert Graysmith - deep analysis into fascinating unsolved case.

Helter Skelter - Vincent Bugliosi - Outstanding book on Manson Murders

One Of Our Own - Carol Ann Lee - the life and death of Myra Hindley that reveal shocking parts of the case hidden from most media reports.

Evil Relations - David Smith ( not as good as One Of Our Own but essential)

Wicked Beyond Belief - Michael Bolton ( Sutcliffe Murder investigation) essential !

If anyone has any other recommendations as good as above please let me know !
Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 09:06 - Sep 17 with 372 viewsChiefXL

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 08:03 - Sep 16 by PJH

I have approx 60 books relating to Jack The Ripper with another one due to arrive any day now.

If anyone has an interest in the subject I can list a few of those that I consider to be the most worthwhile.

Yeah I too have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Jack the Ripper, it just has all the right elements that make it so interesting for me.

I've read a lot of books on it too, the Maybrick diaries was fascinating being linked to another well publicised case. They All Love Jack is essentially just a rant against the ruling classes of the time and yet still utterly fascinating and in parts convincing.

But ultimately these books suck you into believing 'their' suspect is the obvious culprit only to research into it a little yourself to find crucial pieces of information that disqualify said suspect have been left out to suit the narrative.
Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 344 viewsjaykay

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 13:47 - Sep 16 by north_stand77

I read Helter Skelter when I was heavily pregnant with my twins for a little bit of afternoon light reading/ relaxing time. It absolutely terrified me!!

Recently saw a documentary and a film on Manson (might have been Netflix?) And it still had a horrifying impact. Just shows how humans can be brainwashed.

you only have read some of the posts on here,to see how people can be brainwashed

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 11:56 - Sep 17 with 337 viewsBarneycurley

25 Cromwell is a grim and intriguing read. Well worth a read. It always bothers me to know those places are out there probably one out there right now.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 12:20 - Sep 17 with 326 viewsPJH

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 09:06 - Sep 17 by ChiefXL

Yeah I too have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Jack the Ripper, it just has all the right elements that make it so interesting for me.

I've read a lot of books on it too, the Maybrick diaries was fascinating being linked to another well publicised case. They All Love Jack is essentially just a rant against the ruling classes of the time and yet still utterly fascinating and in parts convincing.

But ultimately these books suck you into believing 'their' suspect is the obvious culprit only to research into it a little yourself to find crucial pieces of information that disqualify said suspect have been left out to suit the narrative.

I have had the book 'They All Love Jack' for a while and have tried to start to read it a few times but have never got past the first few pages-I must try harder next time.

The fact that is unsolved and likely to remain for ever as unsolved is part of the attraction.

I doubt if I would have 60 books on the subject or that even 60 books would have been written if the killer had been identified.
Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 12:32 - Sep 17 with 318 viewsBarcaBlue

Serial Killer Books - worth reading on 09:14 - Sep 16 by factual_blue

Not sure if you'd regard Gary Gilmore as a serial killer, but The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer is a tremendous read.

For anybody interested in the JFK assassination, Mailer's book Oswald's Tale is an excellent book.

"Read Norman Mailer, get a new tailor"

The Executioner's Song was very good, probably enjoyed "Tough guys don't dance" a bit more although not really pertinent to this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024