Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half-term lockdown being proposed 22:08 - Sep 17 with 5094 viewsElderGrizzly

Simply so they don’t have to shut schools.

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 00:22 - Sep 18 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

Give people time to stockpile, get rigorous full PPE in for essential workers, put safeguards in place for people’s incomes and those who need extra support and then lock us down hard with full border closures & quarantine. Solitary confinement where were poss, with stockpile of backissues of Neighbours to pass the time.

We’d get rid of it In 3-4 weeks and then we could get on with life again as long as just the quarantine was retained. Stop arsing around the edges of it. And shoot any twot that goes on about freedom and muzzles (only half joking).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 06:38 - Sep 18 with 2296 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 00:22 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

Give people time to stockpile, get rigorous full PPE in for essential workers, put safeguards in place for people’s incomes and those who need extra support and then lock us down hard with full border closures & quarantine. Solitary confinement where were poss, with stockpile of backissues of Neighbours to pass the time.

We’d get rid of it In 3-4 weeks and then we could get on with life again as long as just the quarantine was retained. Stop arsing around the edges of it. And shoot any twot that goes on about freedom and muzzles (only half joking).

If that is what is needed, do it. I have had about enough of co-vid 19. It has done enough damage and I just want it over with as soon as possible.

Do what you like government, just do what you can to eradicate this menace of a virus. It's ruined our lives, taken the lives unjustly and sadly of so many.
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 06:43 - Sep 18 with 2287 viewsChrisd

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 06:38 - Sep 18 by newcastlefan1984

If that is what is needed, do it. I have had about enough of co-vid 19. It has done enough damage and I just want it over with as soon as possible.

Do what you like government, just do what you can to eradicate this menace of a virus. It's ruined our lives, taken the lives unjustly and sadly of so many.

We're aren't going to be able to eradicate it until there is a vaccine. The lockdown process is more a way of containing, if all conform.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 7:06]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:00 - Sep 18 with 2262 viewsEly_Blue

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 06:43 - Sep 18 by Chrisd

We're aren't going to be able to eradicate it until there is a vaccine. The lockdown process is more a way of containing, if all conform.

And your last few words are the issue in this whole thing..... if that had happened we wouldn’t be where we are now

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:04 - Sep 18 with 2252 viewsElderGrizzly

A lockdown that will allow pubs to stay open until 10pm. Because everyone knows the virus abides by time slots.

Also the two week proposed lockdown conveniently coincides with most private schools half-terms

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:06 - Sep 18 with 2248 viewsElderGrizzly

Its ok, the Government has a plan. Its the one that killed tens of thousands before mind you

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:10 - Sep 18 with 2233 viewsgiant_stow

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:06 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

Its ok, the Government has a plan. Its the one that killed tens of thousands before mind you

Think thats more shocking than your op tbh.

Having a lookdown to coincide with school holidays (if not sooner) actually makes sense, after all the teaching time missed already.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:11 - Sep 18 with 2227 viewsElderGrizzly

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:10 - Sep 18 by giant_stow

Think thats more shocking than your op tbh.

Having a lookdown to coincide with school holidays (if not sooner) actually makes sense, after all the teaching time missed already.

The lockdown is meant to control the virus, not be convenient.

Currently infections are doubling every 7 days. Prediction is within 2 weeks it will double every 3 which is back to where we were at the start
Login to get fewer ads

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:13 - Sep 18 with 2216 viewsgiant_stow

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:11 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

Currently infections are doubling every 7 days. Prediction is within 2 weeks it will double every 3 which is back to where we were at the start

I did say if not sooner. And given how damaged kids have been already, what's wrong with trying to minimise any further disruption? There's a balance between safety and well-being, especially with kids.

Edit: or here's another thought - why not bring half-term forward if a lockdown is required sooner? We need to be flexible.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 7:15]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:15 - Sep 18 with 2211 viewsElderGrizzly

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:13 - Sep 18 by giant_stow

I did say if not sooner. And given how damaged kids have been already, what's wrong with trying to minimise any further disruption? There's a balance between safety and well-being, especially with kids.

Edit: or here's another thought - why not bring half-term forward if a lockdown is required sooner? We need to be flexible.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 7:15]

There is indeed. Dead adults can’t teach though.

You either have a lockdown to control it when it is needed, or admit it is for convenience.
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:19 - Sep 18 with 2199 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:11 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

We will forever be in a stop/start, lockdown then relieving the measures then going back into lockdown with this current strategy.

The government are not deviating from how they thought in March/April. We sleepwalked into co-vid 19 and endangered the lives of us all by first telling us to go with herd immunity and thinking that was the way of counteracting the problem, then insisting and in a condescending way, telling us to wash our hands whenever we went out whenever we could to minimise the spread, when in actuality it says on Sky News during the breaks about co-vid 19, that hot and cold conditions cannot kill the virus, that the virus is spread by coughing and sneezing yet sneezing is not a common symptom then it got superseded by the loss of smell and taste.

We have to come up with a new more consistent, adaptable approach to dealing with co-vid 19. As soon as cases spike, we immediately lock down and I fundamentally and wholly agree we need too. But, we need to think of the well being of those who are vulnerable and who may be lonely who need social contact and might have just got it back.
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:20 - Sep 18 with 2197 viewsgiant_stow

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:15 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

There is indeed. Dead adults can’t teach though.

You either have a lockdown to control it when it is needed, or admit it is for convenience.

I think convenience is a bit strong and loaded a word for it. Minimisation of disruption might be a better way of putting things.

Realise you probably missed my edit, but why not move half term?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:44 - Sep 18 with 2150 viewsTractorWood

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:19 - Sep 18 by newcastlefan1984

We will forever be in a stop/start, lockdown then relieving the measures then going back into lockdown with this current strategy.

The government are not deviating from how they thought in March/April. We sleepwalked into co-vid 19 and endangered the lives of us all by first telling us to go with herd immunity and thinking that was the way of counteracting the problem, then insisting and in a condescending way, telling us to wash our hands whenever we went out whenever we could to minimise the spread, when in actuality it says on Sky News during the breaks about co-vid 19, that hot and cold conditions cannot kill the virus, that the virus is spread by coughing and sneezing yet sneezing is not a common symptom then it got superseded by the loss of smell and taste.

We have to come up with a new more consistent, adaptable approach to dealing with co-vid 19. As soon as cases spike, we immediately lock down and I fundamentally and wholly agree we need too. But, we need to think of the well being of those who are vulnerable and who may be lonely who need social contact and might have just got it back.

If lockdown worked as more than an emergency containment strategy we wouldn't be where we are.

We need a strategy that is sustainable until a vaccine might come. I suspect that will be late 2021 at the earliest.

The government have been a disaster. Lockdown too late, Cummings, PPE, testing, track and trace, suggesting everyone goes to work again, the Sunak special is probably the reason behind a bit of the surge and generally making pubs a safe haven for contagion.

Shielding everyone over 50 and anyone remotely vulnerable seems the only option of keeping things open and saving lives.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 7:44]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:45 - Sep 18 with 2142 viewsElderGrizzly

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:20 - Sep 18 by giant_stow

I think convenience is a bit strong and loaded a word for it. Minimisation of disruption might be a better way of putting things.

Realise you probably missed my edit, but why not move half term?

Sorry I did. Yes, move that if it is a choice.

The virus won’t wait, so change those things you can
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:47 - Sep 18 with 2134 viewsTractorWood

You literally couldn't leave your house in Spain for 2 months (other than groceries) and when it was released they lost control almost instantly.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:48 - Sep 18 with 2126 viewsStokieBlue

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:45 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

We need to try and minimise the disruption to schooling and kids social mixing as much as possible this academic year. Now that might turn out to be impossible but we need to try.

A half-term lockdown would seem to be a good way to do this but as you've also pointed out, the virus doesn't play by a human timetable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:54 - Sep 18 with 2109 viewsmikeybloo88

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:44 - Sep 18 by TractorWood

If lockdown worked as more than an emergency containment strategy we wouldn't be where we are.

We need a strategy that is sustainable until a vaccine might come. I suspect that will be late 2021 at the earliest.

The government have been a disaster. Lockdown too late, Cummings, PPE, testing, track and trace, suggesting everyone goes to work again, the Sunak special is probably the reason behind a bit of the surge and generally making pubs a safe haven for contagion.

Shielding everyone over 50 and anyone remotely vulnerable seems the only option of keeping things open and saving lives.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 7:44]

The government also did what very one wanted and fully reopened schools. All those asymptomatic under 18s mingling together all day and then going home to their parents and older siblings who then go out to work and drink is probably not helping the numbers...
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:08 - Sep 18 with 2069 viewsHarry_Palmer

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 06:43 - Sep 18 by Chrisd

Like we have eradicated influenza with a vaccine you mean?
Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:09 - Sep 18 with 2068 viewsgiant_stow

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:45 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

As if by magic, boy ullaa has woken up with a cough. No temprature yet, but definately at least a cold. Is it a coincidence that he found out off mates yesterday that a cough would keep him off school? Don't know - the joys of parenthood. We'll keep him at home today and see if the cough is real.

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:40 - Sep 18 with 2015 viewsStokieBlue

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:08 - Sep 18 by Harry_Palmer

Like we have eradicated influenza with a vaccine you mean?

What exactly is the point of this post?

The two things aren't comparable in either technical details or scope of research.

SB

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:42 - Sep 18 with 2009 viewsStokieBlue

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:09 - Sep 18 by giant_stow

As if by magic, boy ullaa has woken up with a cough. No temprature yet, but definately at least a cold. Is it a coincidence that he found out off mates yesterday that a cough would keep him off school? Don't know - the joys of parenthood. We'll keep him at home today and see if the cough is real.

Aren't most kids his age massively happy to be back at school with their friends?

SB

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:46 - Sep 18 with 1993 viewsgiant_stow

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:42 - Sep 18 by StokieBlue

Aren't most kids his age massively happy to be back at school with their friends?

SB

You'd think so, but its mixed from what I can tell amongst him his mates. He's been not wanting to go ever since we the first day.

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 08:51 - Sep 18 with 1973 viewsSwansea_Blue

And I was only being partly flippant. I think we do need draconian measures to try and eradicate it. I’d be more than happy with that if we were confident it would work, we had confidence in the government to implement it properly and any measures impinging our democratic freedoms were short lived and only for this one purpose.

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 09:10 - Sep 18 with 1940 viewsSwansea_Blue

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 07:06 - Sep 18 by ElderGrizzly

WTAF? This is new and not referring back to the first time they screwed this up, presumably?

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 09:13 - Sep 18 with 1925 viewsDanTheMan

Half-term lockdown being proposed on 09:10 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

WTAF? This is new and not referring back to the first time they screwed this up, presumably?

More info on this here:
https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-local-authority-calls-on-care-home-provid

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024