Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt watch 10:07 - Sep 18 with 2864 viewsDubtractor

I see that our awful, bag of sh1t, local MP has caught the attention of the Secret Barrister with his continued, ill informed, populist bullsh1t.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt watch on 10:15 - Sep 18 with 2141 viewsSteve_M

The 2019 intake of Tory MPs is an incredibly dim, obnoxious cohort. I'm sure some will turn out to be worthwhile Members of Parliament in time but I doubt it will be many of them. See also some of the Corbynite ones too.

It's not about agreeing with an individual politically or even liking them that much but contrast with Michael Howard's approach to the Internal Markets Bill.

Edit: See also Geoffrey Cox who has just tweeted this:

[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 10:26]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tom Hunt watch on 10:15 - Sep 18 with 2133 viewsartsbossbeard

Dom Joly involved too.

Brilliant!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tom Hunt watch on 11:05 - Sep 18 with 2032 viewsbournemouthblue

I believe he's been talking nonsense on housing suggesting it should only be for local people

Great populist gesturing although none of his statements seem to correspond with reality

He also wants the licence fee scrapped

Man of the people is Tom

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tom Hunt watch on 11:31 - Sep 18 with 1965 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

To go with his 2 appearances in private eye. The w anchor.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Tom Hunt watch on 13:19 - Sep 18 with 1861 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt watch on 11:05 - Sep 18 by bournemouthblue

I believe he's been talking nonsense on housing suggesting it should only be for local people

Great populist gesturing although none of his statements seem to correspond with reality

Man of the people is Tom

Gloriously ironic, considering that he, as MP for Ipswich, has absolutely no local ties.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt watch on 13:20 - Sep 18 with 1860 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt watch on 11:05 - Sep 18 by bournemouthblue

Man of the people is Tom

He should focus on things that actually affect peoples' lives like continuing the furlough scheme rather than getting his knickers in a twist about Rule Britannia and the license fee

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt watch on 13:57 - Sep 18 with 1821 viewsbelgablue

Tom Hunt watch on 13:19 - Sep 18 by BlueBadger

Gloriously ironic, considering that he, as MP for Ipswich, has absolutely no local ties.

This is what annoyed me the most. A child with no professional or local credentials to speak of was able to secure Ipswich on the basis he could work the seat full time for a few years, anyone with a normal job had no chance.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Tom Hunt watch on 14:13 - Sep 18 with 1786 viewsEwan_Oozami

Tom Hunt watch on 10:15 - Sep 18 by Steve_M

The 2019 intake of Tory MPs is an incredibly dim, obnoxious cohort. I'm sure some will turn out to be worthwhile Members of Parliament in time but I doubt it will be many of them. See also some of the Corbynite ones too.

It's not about agreeing with an individual politically or even liking them that much but contrast with Michael Howard's approach to the Internal Markets Bill.

A Man For All Seasons - classic - Cox knows his stuff then! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt watch on 16:02 - Sep 18 with 1724 viewsartsbossbeard

A fellow tory writes:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tim-passmore-on-tom-hunt-1-6464378

Awks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Tom Hunt watch on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 1705 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt watch on 16:02 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

A fellow tory writes:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tim-passmore-on-tom-hunt-1-6464378

Awks.

"He said: "I have knocked on tens of thousands of doors in Ipswich and spoken to thousands of people"

He's basically claiming to have knocked on every door in the town here - the last census had us at 133k, and that will include places like Castle Hill, Whitton, etc that aren't in his constituency so he'll have no interest in

Even if averaging 2 people per household there are probably only about 50k doors to knock on and he has done 'tens of thousands'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt watch on 16:11 - Sep 18 with 1694 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt watch on 16:10 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

"He said: "I have knocked on tens of thousands of doors in Ipswich and spoken to thousands of people"

He's basically claiming to have knocked on every door in the town here - the last census had us at 133k, and that will include places like Castle Hill, Whitton, etc that aren't in his constituency so he'll have no interest in

Even if averaging 2 people per household there are probably only about 50k doors to knock on and he has done 'tens of thousands'

Do you mean to suggest he's lying!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt watch on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 1681 viewsHARRY10

Tom Hunt watch on 16:10 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

That may be because no fcker wanted to answer the door once they saw who it was
Tom Hunt watch on 16:22 - Sep 18 with 1660 viewsmonytowbray

He's a year younger than me, an MP and had his first break as an elected councillor in 2011.

He graduated Oxford with a masters in 2011 and went straight into politics. Never really had a proper job or functioned in normal society.

How these people keep convincing us they represent us shows the level of stupidity Britain suffers from and/or how deep the political client journalism runs.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt watch on 16:28 - Sep 18 with 1643 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt watch on 16:22 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

He's a year younger than me, an MP and had his first break as an elected councillor in 2011.

He graduated Oxford with a masters in 2011 and went straight into politics. Never really had a proper job or functioned in normal society.

How these people keep convincing us they represent us shows the level of stupidity Britain suffers from and/or how deep the political client journalism runs.

Isn't his dad a major tory donor too??

Tom Hunt watch on 16:51 - Sep 18 with 1590 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt watch on 16:28 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Yep and an ex Cambridgeshire Councillor.

When Tom became an elected councillor in 2011 I was still working in a chain pizza shop with 3 year old BA Hons degree after graduating straight into the 2008 recession kicked my arse. And honestly I was grateful for the fact I had a job that paid my bills at that point, I'd done everything from being on JSA to temping in multiple factories and kitchens. It was degrading and I never felt less valued as a human being in my life. Towards the end of that year I took a pay cut from said pizza place to work 9-5 in the digital industry as a trainee. I had to get my then-partner to pay for the petrol in my car to get to work and lived in a box room at my mate's house for £250 a month.

I'm sure he got where he was with nothing but hard work, grit and pulling himself up by his bootstraps though, therefore he could TOTALLY relate to my experiences*.

*Of course he couldn't, he's a far right little piece of sh1t privileged career politician.

TWTD never forgets…

Tom Hunt watch on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 1589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt watch on 16:28 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

This seems to be his old man

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cllr-bill-hunt-cleared-comp

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hunt watch on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 1585 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt watch on 16:11 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Do you mean to suggest he's lying!?

Had a piece of his printed propaganda through the door last week celebrating he'd done the amazing task of bringing Robert Jenrick to Ipswich for a visit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/30/call-for-inquiry-into-why-senio

Top bloke, really proud to say he visited! Well done for being able to make a phone call.

TWTD never forgets…

Tom Hunt watch on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 1565 viewsHARRY10

Tom Hunt watch on 16:52 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

This seems to be his old man

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cllr-bill-hunt-cleared-comp

looks like some dodgy geezer who would be selling counterfeit fags at the local car boot sale
Tom Hunt watch on 22:14 - Sep 18 with 1407 viewsstewartsleftfoot

Wrong forum mate - try the intellectually challenged forum not twtd -
Tom Hunt watch on 22:17 - Sep 18 with 1392 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt watch on 22:14 - Sep 18 by stewartsleftfoot

Wrong forum mate - try the intellectually challenged forum not twtd -

This isn't the Budgie forum either.

You've drifted a bit from home.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt watch on 22:36 - Sep 18 with 1359 viewsMelford

This current lot make the lot we so gleefully voted out in 1997 look like proper statesmen. They've had 10 years in power if you include the coalition but there's nothing there in terms of substance now. Nobody like a Ken Clark, Major, Rifkind, Portillo, Howard, even Widdecombe. Even if you hated some of their politics vehemently you could respect them as MPs who stood up for what they believed in and they were allowed be to a broad church, from being pro-Europe like Ken Clark and the ERG on the other end of the spectrum could co-exist. Now it's real-life Thick Of It, replace Malcolm Tucker with Classic Dom.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Tom Hunt watch on 22:42 - Sep 18 with 1352 viewsThe_Major

Dreadful individual.

Older posters will remember names like Ken Weetch, Ernle Money and even Dingle Foot (Michael's brother) - all of whom seemed to the interests of Ipswich first and foremost when they were representing us. Ye Gods, even Gummer the Younger got involved with local issues.

This cretin is not fit to follow them.
Tom Hunt watch on 22:49 - Sep 18 with 1338 viewsThe_Major

Tom Hunt watch on 22:36 - Sep 18 by Melford

This current lot make the lot we so gleefully voted out in 1997 look like proper statesmen. They've had 10 years in power if you include the coalition but there's nothing there in terms of substance now. Nobody like a Ken Clark, Major, Rifkind, Portillo, Howard, even Widdecombe. Even if you hated some of their politics vehemently you could respect them as MPs who stood up for what they believed in and they were allowed be to a broad church, from being pro-Europe like Ken Clark and the ERG on the other end of the spectrum could co-exist. Now it's real-life Thick Of It, replace Malcolm Tucker with Classic Dom.

Never mind the 1997 Tories, I'd vote for the 1987 bunch now if I could, and I loathed Thatcher with a passion.

That's the truth of today's Tories, they hold the Blessed Margaret up as some sort of deity, but then do things that she wouldn't have done in a billion years. We may have still had some sort of referendum on the EU, but there's no way she'd be in favour of leaving the single market, considering she was one of the driving forces behind it.

Similarly, hopefully she'd have made a better fist of Covid as well, what with having a scientific background. One things for sure, Cummings would have been booted out the door by the time he'd got to South Mimms...
Tom Hunt watch on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 1314 viewsMelford

Tom Hunt watch on 22:49 - Sep 18 by The_Major

Never mind the 1997 Tories, I'd vote for the 1987 bunch now if I could, and I loathed Thatcher with a passion.

That's the truth of today's Tories, they hold the Blessed Margaret up as some sort of deity, but then do things that she wouldn't have done in a billion years. We may have still had some sort of referendum on the EU, but there's no way she'd be in favour of leaving the single market, considering she was one of the driving forces behind it.

Similarly, hopefully she'd have made a better fist of Covid as well, what with having a scientific background. One things for sure, Cummings would have been booted out the door by the time he'd got to South Mimms...

There seems to be a decline. Look at the USA and how people laughed when ex-movie star Reagan got voted in, then you thought it couldn't any worse with George Dubya Bush. Then you get Trump and the two I mentioned look like the 4 on Mount Rushmore compared to that moron.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Tom Hunt watch on 22:58 - Sep 18 with 1314 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...well that would all depend on who makes the law and whose interest it serves innit, especially when it comes to International law!

https://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2013/12/the-emerging-new-world-order-part-2-the-end-o

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024