Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just read this.... 14:40 - Sep 18 with 3701 viewsitfcjoe

“We’ve got a few injuries, so I need to look at certain things, whether that’s a change of system or personnel.”

A worry if we start changing systems again when we are actually starting to look fluid

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just read this.... on 14:41 - Sep 18 with 3489 viewsKieran_Knows

We all knew it was coming.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just read this.... on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 3464 viewsKeno

the least surprising thing I have read today

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just read this.... on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 3451 viewsclive_baker

Just stick Norwood in and be done with it. Joke if he starts p1ssing around with the system now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just read this.... on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 3439 viewsDanTheMan

Kill me now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just read this.... on 14:48 - Sep 18 with 3420 viewsParmigiano

Yep, this was my first thought as soon as I read about Drinan's injury. Our 433 has looked so much better so far this season because Drinan knows that he's doing as the middle-man of a fluid 433.

I really hope Lambert gives Norwood some time to try to step in and do the same jobbefore resorting to 442.
Just read this.... on 14:50 - Sep 18 with 3409 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where did you read that/what's the context? When I read it in your OP just now i thought he meant changing the system behind the scenes so we get less injuries, and changing personnel as in sports science staff!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just read this.... on 14:53 - Sep 18 with 3401 viewsPhilTWTD

Just read this.... on 14:44 - Sep 18 by clive_baker

Just stick Norwood in and be done with it. Joke if he starts p1ssing around with the system now.

I think I'd favour Hawkins for the role assuming he's not had a problem after Wednesday, seems better suited and thought he did OK considering the opposition and his lack of games.

Re the system, would surprise me if he was thinking of changing it unless there are other knocks and niggles which mean he is short on players who fit the 4-3-3. Might just be trying to sow a bit of doubt in the opposition manager's mind.
Just read this.... on 14:56 - Sep 18 with 3369 viewsBlueBadger

Just read this.... on 14:50 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Where did you read that/what's the context? When I read it in your OP just now i thought he meant changing the system behind the scenes so we get less injuries, and changing personnel as in sports science staff!

Lambert: It'll Be a Hard Game, We Won't Treat Rovers Lightly 18th Sep 2020 12:33
Town boss Paul Lambert says he won’t be treating Saturday’s opponents Bristol Rovers lightly despite the Blues comfortably defeating the Pirates 3-0 at Portman Road in the opening day Carabao Cup tie between the teams. The Blues travel to the Memorial Stadium for their first away game of 2020/21 having played four home matches on the trot. 16

The Blues manager says the Gas will have learnt from the game at Portman Road: “They will. They’re a good team, they’ll play the way they want to play and we have to try and find our way of playing.

“We’ve got a few injuries, so I need to look at certain things, whether that’s a change of system or personnel.”

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Just read this.... on 14:56 - Sep 18 with 3378 viewsclive_baker

Just read this.... on 14:53 - Sep 18 by PhilTWTD

I think I'd favour Hawkins for the role assuming he's not had a problem after Wednesday, seems better suited and thought he did OK considering the opposition and his lack of games.

Re the system, would surprise me if he was thinking of changing it unless there are other knocks and niggles which mean he is short on players who fit the 4-3-3. Might just be trying to sow a bit of doubt in the opposition manager's mind.

I think there's a lot of onus on the 'wide men' tomorrow, whether that be Sears, Judge or Edwards. Presumably it'll be 2 from those 3. I've not seen much of Hawkins, he definitely has the physicality and presence though. We need someone to hold the ball up, make it stick and bring in those players around him. I thought Drinan was doing well in that regard, shame he's injured.

Still, 3 points tomorrow I hope. Uppa Town.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just read this.... on 14:57 - Sep 18 with 3355 viewsBlueBadger

Just read this.... on 14:48 - Sep 18 by Parmigiano

Yep, this was my first thought as soon as I read about Drinan's injury. Our 433 has looked so much better so far this season because Drinan knows that he's doing as the middle-man of a fluid 433.

I really hope Lambert gives Norwood some time to try to step in and do the same jobbefore resorting to 442.

Don't worry, he won't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Just read this.... on 14:59 - Sep 18 with 3338 viewsm14_blue

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Just read this.... on 15:00 - Sep 18 with 3332 viewsBlueBadger

I know it's madness to start over analysing PRP(or indeed any other manager's) Presser Waffle but, FFS.

Just read this.... on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 3306 viewsGarv

Management considering a change of system or personnel resulting from injuries to key players isn't bad or worrying news as far as I'm concerned. Why have a plan b if you're not going to use it when (if) you need to?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just read this.... on 15:07 - Sep 18 with 3282 viewsKeno

Just read this.... on 15:04 - Sep 18 by Garv

Management considering a change of system or personnel resulting from injuries to key players isn't bad or worrying news as far as I'm concerned. Why have a plan b if you're not going to use it when (if) you need to?

plan b isnt an issue

just last season we got too 'T but there wasn't any plan involved

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just read this.... on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 3273 viewsBlueBadger

Given that we scarcely have a plan A, it's a bit of a worry.

We've played 4 competitive games, plus pre-season. Do we even know what the first XI is?

Just read this.... on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 3244 viewsPhilTWTD

Just read this.... on 14:56 - Sep 18 by clive_baker

I think there's a lot of onus on the 'wide men' tomorrow, whether that be Sears, Judge or Edwards. Presumably it'll be 2 from those 3. I've not seen much of Hawkins, he definitely has the physicality and presence though. We need someone to hold the ball up, make it stick and bring in those players around him. I thought Drinan was doing well in that regard, shame he's injured.

Still, 3 points tomorrow I hope. Uppa Town.

Indeed, think Hawkins is better at the hold-up aspect. If the game is anything like Bristol Rovers' game at Sunderland we'll probably see a lot of the ball and it will be a case of staying patient and trying to conjure openings. Assume they have tightened up a fair bit from the game here a couple of weeks ago.
Just read this.... on 15:18 - Sep 18 with 3204 viewsParmigiano

Oh I totally agree.

But here we're talking about one new injury and suddenly our 433 seems much less appealing. It's more a sign that we haven't got squad depth in the forward roles that are suited to a front-three.

I just hope he simply sticks Norwood or Hawkins in as a direct replacement for Drinan because the rest of the team have looked nicely balanced in this system so far.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 15:20]
Just read this.... on 15:25 - Sep 18 with 3158 viewsFixed_It

Hopefully just a smokescreen for the opposition.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just read this.... on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 3131 viewsPJH

Just read this.... on 15:25 - Sep 18 by Fixed_It

Hopefully just a smokescreen for the opposition.

You reckon?

Just read this.... on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 3075 viewsIllinoisblue

Just read this.... on 15:34 - Sep 18 by PJH

You reckon?

Was literally just going to post the same!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just read this.... on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 3021 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just read this.... on 14:56 - Sep 18 by BlueBadger

Lambert: It'll Be a Hard Game, We Won't Treat Rovers Lightly 18th Sep 2020 12:33
Town boss Paul Lambert says he won’t be treating Saturday’s opponents Bristol Rovers lightly despite the Blues comfortably defeating the Pirates 3-0 at Portman Road in the opening day Carabao Cup tie between the teams. The Blues travel to the Memorial Stadium for their first away game of 2020/21 having played four home matches on the trot. 16

The Blues manager says the Gas will have learnt from the game at Portman Road: “They will. They’re a good team, they’ll play the way they want to play and we have to try and find our way of playing.

Fairy nuff.

If it's a one off because he has no choice then what can you do? Obviously the issue last season was changing things on a regular basis. I don't think people can moan too much if he has to change things because of the players he has available.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just read this.... on 15:56 - Sep 18 with 3000 viewsBrixtonBlue

Quite. If he does it week in week out like last season, people would have good reason to get up in arms. Some are just looking for any excuse to have a pop though.

That's assuming he even does mess with the system. Like Phil says it could be a tactic to throw the opposition.

Just read this.... on 16:20 - Sep 18 with 2913 viewsVaughan8

Just read this.... on 14:48 - Sep 18 by Parmigiano

I'm pretty sure Norwood played 1 up front for Tranmere with Jenning and 1 other on the wings.

SOmetimes Jennings and him were in a 4-4-2 but a 4-3-3 is not alien to him. He should be able to play in it. However he is a more "run onto the ball" player instead of holding it up.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 16:51]
Just read this.... on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 2899 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Your Plan B should be having replacement players to slot into your preferred system.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just read this.... on 14:13 - Sep 19 with 2457 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well this thread aged well. A number of you embarrassed yourselves again with your whining about something that hadn't even happened (and isn't going to).

When will you lot ever learn?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024