Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another boring climate change thread. 17:07 - Sep 18 with 594 viewsNthQldITFC

Two very nasty positive feedback events happening in Siberia right now for those who may have missed it. The worse the effect, the worse the driving force, the worse the effect etc. etc. etc.

Do what you can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-54195656

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-54126762

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:22 - Sep 18 with 568 viewsWeWereZombies

Those mounds forming in Siberia remind me of pingos in Breckland - these were formed twenty thousand years ago during the last ice age.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:42 - Sep 18 with 539 viewsSpruceMoose

Looking forward to Rokerite's hot take on this one. He must keep himsf busy keeping his ignorance levels in peak condition.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 532 viewsDanTheMan

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:42 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Looking forward to Rokerite's hot take on this one. He must keep himsf busy keeping his ignorance levels in peak condition.

Its OK, I'll sub in.

Whilst I agree (now after years of denying) that climate change is a problem (although I didn't think it was a problem) we can't do anything because of [China / Russia / USA / Brazil / India]. We should continue to do absolutely nothing except hope that scientists will come up with a silver bullet because I don't want to think about it.

Signed

Definitely not a climate change denier.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 17:46]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:49 - Sep 18 with 522 viewsDarth_Koont

Deeply, deeply worrying.

But even more worrying is how blasé most people and governments are.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 468 viewsEdmundo

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:49 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

Deeply, deeply worrying.

Interesting that the BBC actually let Extinction go to air, with scientists saying Covid and the other "near misses", are due to man's influence on the environment.
It's like no one realises that the current crisis has a massive elephant of a cause in the room, and we'll be seeing plenty more pandemics unless we do something about it.
(Have a great evening!)

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 466 viewsdavblue

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:49 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

Deeply, deeply worrying.

we are phucked as a species, greed will kill us.

Makes me angry as i have 2 young children.

Saying that would you want this government sorting anything out regarding anything, even if they must act now.
Yet another boring climate change thread. on 20:13 - Sep 18 with 440 viewsNthQldITFC

Yet another boring climate change thread. on 17:22 - Sep 18 by WeWereZombies

Those mounds forming in Siberia remind me of pingos in Breckland - these were formed twenty thousand years ago during the last ice age.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware they existed round here (or that, unlike tomatoes, they lack an 'e' in the plural form). Might take a bike ride up to look sometime.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024