Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another really good performance 17:14 - Sep 19 with 1327 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The wheels are moving in the right direction currently, no doubt about that.

A little flat first half, but up against a team that really had no ambition but sit in with that 5 man back line, awfully frustrating at times.

Thought it was going to be an afternoon that was a little too frequent last year of just withering to a bore draw, or even worse BR to snatch it late. However credit to Lambert on his changes, he got it spot on, and helped us move up a gear to a point where to game should have been 4 come full time really.

Won’t get carried away yet, 2 clean sheets, solid foundations, system looks very good, style of play looks sharp, midfield (Nolan and Dozzell today) look so important, but I want to see us against some of the the ‘tougher teams’, that’s where we came unstuck last year.

A striker who looks like they may get 20 could be an issue in the long run.

Overall really happy with how things are going.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Another really good performance on 17:16 - Sep 19 with 1286 viewsMach_foreignBlue

It was nowhere near 'really good'.

Too many pointless, long balls. Norwood well of the pace and notoriously offside. We are quite toothless upfront.

The substitutions will have made a bit of difference.
Another really good performance on 17:16 - Sep 19 with 1287 viewsDubtractor

I was going to post about the lack of a forward for this system.

Norwood looked a bit lost at times, and not suited to that role. Wasn't especially impressed by Hawkins in his cameo tbh. Drinan has had a decent start but clearly unproven just yet. Jackson not suited at all to the lone frontman role.

I wonder if a loan signing might be the answer?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another really good performance on 17:19 - Sep 19 with 1252 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another really good performance on 17:16 - Sep 19 by Dubtractor

Norwood looked a bit lost at times, and not suited to that role. Wasn't especially impressed by Hawkins in his cameo tbh. Drinan has had a decent start but clearly unproven just yet. Jackson not suited at all to the lone frontman role.

Hawkins, as a big centre forward, really should have buried his headed chance.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Agreed. (n/t) on 17:23 - Sep 19 with 1219 viewsBloots

Another really good performance on 17:16 - Sep 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Too many pointless, long balls. Norwood well of the pace and notoriously offside. We are quite toothless upfront.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Another really good performance on 17:27 - Sep 19 with 1193 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Well dependant upon your parameter of course, if in comparison to Liverpool, no we are miles off.

If you look at the mid table League 1 side last year then yes, it was another really good performance, we are making good progress.

I understand some fans won’t be happy regardless though so it’s a non starter debate.

Another really good performance on 17:28 - Sep 19 with 1171 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Another really good performance on 17:19 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

Hawkins, as a big centre forward, really should have buried his headed chance.

Agreed, need one of the strikers to find the back sooner rather than later to get the ball rolling for them.

Another really good performance on 17:31 - Sep 19 with 1143 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another really good performance on 17:27 - Sep 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well dependant upon your parameter of course, if in comparison to Liverpool, no we are miles off.

If you look at the mid table League 1 side last year then yes, it was another really good performance, we are making good progress.

I understand some fans won’t be happy regardless though so it’s a non starter debate.

Who is not happy?

Yes I'm happy with the 3 points. Really pleased as it would have been a wasted opportunity had we not won as Bristol Rovers were very poor.

But it was never 'really good'.
Another really good performance on 17:35 - Sep 19 with 1092 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another really good performance on 17:31 - Sep 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Who is not happy?

Yes I'm happy with the 3 points. Really pleased as it would have been a wasted opportunity had we not won as Bristol Rovers were very poor.

We could've scored 4 or 5 away from home and kept a clean sheet. I'd say that qualifies as really good.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Another really good performance on 18:25 - Sep 19 with 969 viewsstewartm

Jackson could be a surprise here, 'pace into space' and we could destroy teams. IMO Jackson needs to stay and we could be in a position where we are not desperate for a signing, PL is looking good!!!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 18:27]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Another really good performance on 19:24 - Sep 19 with 929 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Another really good performance on 17:31 - Sep 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

Who is not happy?

Away from home, should have won 4/5, come away with a comfortable victory/clean sheet, creating chances.

We were really good today. Really good indeed...

Another really good performance on 19:27 - Sep 19 with 917 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I was really pleased with Drinan, led the line well and would have been more than happy to continue with him while Jackson/Hawkins/Norwood get up to speed.

Injury has thrown that out of the window.

Now we have to rely on Norwood and Hawkins who still look some way off the pace, no real surprise given the amount of time off them 2 have had.

Another really good performance on 19:58 - Sep 19 with 849 viewsPJH

Another really good performance on 19:24 - Sep 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Away from home, should have won 4/5, come away with a comfortable victory/clean sheet, creating chances.

We were really good today. Really good indeed...

I think we beat a pretty poor side and made quite hard work of doing so.

We undoubtedly deserved to win the game but we did not need to be really good and we were not really good.

We are playing quite well and have made a perfect league start but we will have far better teams than Bristol Rovers to play against in the weeks ahead.

We were really good for small parts of the game but not really good overall.
Another really good performance on 19:59 - Sep 19 with 841 viewsPJH

I very rarely agree with you, in fact I am not sure that I have ever agreed with you (before), but I think that this is quite accurate.
Another really good performance on 20:06 - Sep 19 with 824 viewsBlueBadger

It wasn't that great. Certainly the right result but scoreline flattered us and we've really laboured to beat them, ultimately. Still, if three points and a clean sheet's on offer for an away trip, you shouldn't sneer over much.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 20:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another really good performance on 20:07 - Sep 19 with 818 viewsBassett_Blue

Another really good performance on 19:58 - Sep 19 by PJH

I think we beat a pretty poor side and made quite hard work of doing so.

We undoubtedly deserved to win the game but we did not need to be really good and we were not really good.

We are playing quite well and have made a perfect league start but we will have far better teams than Bristol Rovers to play against in the weeks ahead.

We were really good for small parts of the game but not really good overall.

This sums up my take on it as well.

Totally uninspiring in the first half, looked a lot better in the second after we made the changes. Played some good stuff at times, but to call that a really good performance, is over egging it somewhat for me.
Another really good performance on 20:08 - Sep 19 with 816 viewsBlueBadger

Gonna have to agree with that.

Roy Keane was rubbish though ;)

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024