Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does this leave Skuse 08:03 - Sep 20 with 4179 viewsonceablue

Coaching staff I presume

Excellent servant to the club but surely won’t feature this season

Ward has been quality signing nailed on LB for season
Where does this leave Skuse on 08:07 - Sep 20 with 3934 viewsElderGrizzly

If fit, he’ll play i’d suggest
Where does this leave Skuse on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 3928 viewsOsborneOneNil

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:07 - Sep 20 by ElderGrizzly

You think? Don’t see why. We’ve 4 or 5 excellent lads in midfield at the moment....no need for an ageing Skuse who’s not the player he was 4 years ago.
Where does this leave Skuse on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 3924 viewsonceablue

If he plays who doesn’t?
Where does this leave Skuse on 08:22 - Sep 20 with 3857 viewsStokieBlue

He shouldn't play at the moment unless there is some form of rotation.

Don't think he's in our top 4, possibly 5 midfielders at the moment and we need to look forwards not backwards.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:27 - Sep 20 with 3834 viewsDanTheMan

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:22 - Sep 20 by StokieBlue

He shouldn't play at the moment unless there is some form of rotation.

Don't think he's in our top 4, possibly 5 midfielders at the moment and we need to look forwards not backwards.

SB

Agreed. Really like(d) Skuse as a player, but I think now he's probably only going to be useful for seeing out games where we're up one goal and want to shut up shop.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:35 - Sep 20 with 3797 viewsMullet

Your last line made me think you were tipping Skuse for LB!

He stopped coming back from injuries last season, that was really the sign it was time he wasn't relied on to do so much. He's probably got 15 games in him this season and will be valuable if we are needing to secure wins in the run in.

Hopefully Lambert will use the same model as Chelsea did with Makelele in his final season and just drop him in for teams likely to overwhelm our midfielders like Rotherham managed last season etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:00 - Sep 20 with 3665 viewsHarry_Palmer

No chance.
Where does this leave Skuse on 09:07 - Sep 20 with 3623 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:10 - Sep 20 by onceablue

If he plays who doesn’t?

Whoever’s injured, needs to be rested I suspect. It’s a long season (maybe!) with games coming even more thick and fast than usual. He’s also pretty important behind the scenes for the younger players coming through I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:21 - Sep 20 with 3562 viewsGuthrum

Depends upon how the season goes (e.g. if it turns out we need more solidity in the middle, perhaps for certain fixtures). But otherwise probably a bench option to shore things up or nail down a hard-fought win.

Also depends upon his fitness levels and if they can be sustained.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:24 - Sep 20 with 3548 viewsGuthrum

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:07 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Whoever’s injured, needs to be rested I suspect. It’s a long season (maybe!) with games coming even more thick and fast than usual. He’s also pretty important behind the scenes for the younger players coming through I suspect.

I think he might have more impact behind the scenes and at the training ground than on the pitch this season. Which would, nevertheless, be an important contribution.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:37 - Sep 20 with 3503 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Only as a stopper. Gives very little if anything going forward. Bring him on when things are getting sticky. Will make a good coach I would think.
Where does this leave Skuse on 09:41 - Sep 20 with 3491 viewsitfcjoe

He’s dropped out of the team last season in reality, had a prolonged period on the bench.

He’ll contribute this season here and there and will make some important contributions - helping see out games, nick points at tougher away games etc - but he’ll play the role a 35 year old should be doing in our strongest area of the squad - i.e. filling in here and there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does this leave Skuse on 09:46 - Sep 20 with 3465 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Good squad player. He'll get games but not first choice now. In busy periods with weekend and midweek games he'll come in sometimes to reduce Dozzells load. Good player for seeing games out as well.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Where does this leave Skuse on 10:17 - Sep 20 with 3381 views26_Paz

Great servant to the club but as others have said he’s not getting in our first choice midfield at the moment. He’ll be a good squad player and he’s doing his badges etc so probably happy with less game time

The Paz Man

Where does this leave Skuse on 10:25 - Sep 20 with 3352 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ahead of Andre? Can’t see it. He’ll play games here and there but wouldn’t be in a first 11 the way we’re trying to play at the moment.
Where does this leave Skuse on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 3196 viewsBloomBlue

I still think he would make an excellent CB if required in an emergency ie injuries. Great tackler, good positional sense and can head a ball, plus his passing has been consistent, bit like Warky when he moved to CB
Where does this leave Skuse on 11:58 - Sep 20 with 3135 viewsitfcjoe

Where does this leave Skuse on 10:17 - Sep 20 by 26_Paz

Great servant to the club but as others have said he’s not getting in our first choice midfield at the moment. He’ll be a good squad player and he’s doing his badges etc so probably happy with less game time

No footballers are ever happy with less game time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does this leave Skuse on 12:12 - Sep 20 with 3099 views26_Paz

Where does this leave Skuse on 11:58 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

No footballers are ever happy with less game time

Maybe not happy but I reckon it was discussed when he signed the contract. He’s a great pro so he won’t be a negative influence in the dressing room ... reckon he knows the situation and is content with it

The Paz Man

Where does this leave Skuse on 12:47 - Sep 20 with 3014 viewsJoHnNnY

As I’ve said previously, many times before, he shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11 with the young talent we’ve had at the club, Dozzell has only needed a handful of games in his position to show what it’s been missing (not crab passing)

Even Chambers is only in as KVY isn’t fit - time to move forward.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Where does this leave Skuse on 13:02 - Sep 20 with 2978 viewsjaykay

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:35 - Sep 20 by Mullet

He stopped coming back from injuries last season, that was really the sign it was time he wasn't relied on to do so much. He's probably got 15 games in him this season and will be valuable if we are needing to secure wins in the run in.

Hopefully Lambert will use the same model as Chelsea did with Makelele in his final season and just drop him in for teams likely to overwhelm our midfielders like Rotherham managed last season etc.

he played in the home game we lost 2 nil or do you mean the game at rotherham when he was a unused sub in the 1 nil defeat

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Where does this leave Skuse on 16:51 - Sep 20 with 2746 viewsstiff_talking

Where does this leave Skuse on 13:02 - Sep 20 by jaykay

he played in the home game we lost 2 nil or do you mean the game at rotherham when he was a unused sub in the 1 nil defeat

Nice guy, good player and loyal servant.

Surprised he was given a contract extension but he was smart enough to secure that deal ahead of the salary cap vote.

So well played Skuse!
Where does this leave Skuse on 18:20 - Sep 20 with 2652 viewsBlueBadger

Where does this leave Skuse on 12:47 - Sep 20 by JoHnNnY

As I’ve said previously, many times before, he shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11 with the young talent we’ve had at the club, Dozzell has only needed a handful of games in his position to show what it’s been missing (not crab passing)

Even Chambers is only in as KVY isn’t fit - time to move forward.

Point of order : Nsiala and Wilson are on the side because KVY and Woolf are injured...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He'll be a really useful..... on 18:26 - Sep 20 with 2631 viewsBloots

....sub, I'd suggest.

Plus cover for the inevitable injuries.

With McGavin going out on loan we don't really have anyone else who can play the deep lying midfield role.

He won't let anyone down.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Where does this leave Skuse on 20:01 - Sep 20 with 2494 viewsbournemouthblue

Where does this leave Skuse on 08:35 - Sep 20 by Mullet

We are definitely a bit lightweight there for the more physical teams

We lack bite without Downes, I'm sure Skuse would be useful in the more physical midfield battles

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where does this leave Skuse on 20:02 - Sep 20 with 2495 viewsGarv

Squad player hopefully. Could play himself into contention if he gets a chance through injury etc.

I love the idea of Skuse coming into the side as a second or third choice with a point to prove. For 7 years he's been pretty much nailed on, and very rarely if ever needed to worry about his place, which was, for me, always disappointing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024