Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... 08:18 - Sep 20 with 4576 viewsOsborneOneNil

Delighted he’s in the form he’s in. I’ve constantly backed him, and suggested some on here have no clue about football. Probably as he was a Hurst signing...

Good man, Nolan.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:20 - Sep 20 with 3624 viewsDanTheMan

Probably because he's not been that good for the past two years? Same goes with Nsiala.

I'm glad he's doing better now though, didn't watch the game yesterday but hear he had another good game.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:20 - Sep 20 with 3619 viewsStokieBlue

Pretty poor post really.

People were correctly judging him on his performances over 2 seasons, they are now saying he has done well thus far season which is right.

Not sure why some have felt the need to post these clearly divisive posts over the last 24 hours. It's pretty pathetic really.

SB
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 8:21]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:29 - Sep 20 with 3570 viewsPJH

I think it is the fact that he has looked next to useless for his first two years here that helped people form their opinions.

He was signed having just apparently been one of the best players in the third division but for his first two seasons here even on a good day he looked a very ordinary third division player that actually contributed nothing other than some one yard backward passes.

He is, at the moment, looking to be a good third division player but it was taken him two wasted seasons to get back close to what he apparently used to be.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:31 - Sep 20 with 3559 viewsMullet

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:20 - Sep 20 by StokieBlue

Pretty poor post really.

People were correctly judging him on his performances over 2 seasons, they are now saying he has done well thus far season which is right.

Not sure why some have felt the need to post these clearly divisive posts over the last 24 hours. It's pretty pathetic really.

SB
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 8:21]

You'd think the fact he's been wrong for 2 years by his own logic would be the thing to keep quiet about. However, as per the hatred of Skuse's quality, it's based on needing to see your own opinion come true rather than seeing how we play etc.

Given Hurst and his changes sent us down and have totally destroyed the club this sort of post is the most pyrrhic of self-made victories isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:52 - Sep 20 with 3476 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:56 - Sep 20 with 3462 viewsStokieBlue

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:52 - Sep 20 by BryanPlug

Shouldn't he have based his opinion on Nolan's performances over the last 2 seasons though.

Bit rich calling people out for basing their opinions on what he is doing on the pitch when he couldn't possibly have done the same.

It's divisive for no reason.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 3449 viewsChrisd

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:20 - Sep 20 by DanTheMan

Probably because he's not been that good for the past two years? Same goes with Nsiala.

I'm glad he's doing better now though, didn't watch the game yesterday but hear he had another good game.

Exactly Dan the man! Lets hope this form continues because he's flattered to deceive since signing for us. If anything, it's about time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:27 - Sep 20 with 3368 viewsWickets

Yes you have always liked him and i also said that i felt their is a good player in their . I said during his first season that even when not playing well he did not let his head go down . It's no big surprise that when we play well as a team players do well its goes together of course. Edwards is playing better Toto seems to have well improved , Although i still worry regards balls coming into the box from crosses and set plays as we have concieded several chances that have gone unpunished in our two league games. TBH most of our players and the managers have come in for stick in the last few years not too many have been excempt .
Login to get fewer ads

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:34 - Sep 20 with 3346 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Could always tell he was good enough for this level, but he never really showed it. Just because he is now playing how he always should, isn't something to crow about.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 3336 viewsSwailsey

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:29 - Sep 20 by PJH

I think it is the fact that he has looked next to useless for his first two years here that helped people form their opinions.

He was signed having just apparently been one of the best players in the third division but for his first two seasons here even on a good day he looked a very ordinary third division player that actually contributed nothing other than some one yard backward passes.

He is, at the moment, looking to be a good third division player but it was taken him two wasted seasons to get back close to what he apparently used to be.

This

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:37 - Sep 20 with 3336 viewsMonkeyAlan

Because he has been cr@p for 2 seasons? Are you his agent then, if you have backed him from day 1 ? Looking for a better move is he? Not on past performances he wouldn't get one.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:41 - Sep 20 with 3327 viewsWickets

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:37 - Sep 20 by MonkeyAlan

Because he has been cr@p for 2 seasons? Are you his agent then, if you have backed him from day 1 ? Looking for a better move is he? Not on past performances he wouldn't get one.

Well yes but apart from the early season run last year ,when from memory i dont think he played much , the whole team have pretty much been crap .
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:50 - Sep 20 with 3305 viewsflimflam

There is a player in both of them at this level at least as know a Shrews season ticket holder who was gutted when they left and spoke very highly of both of them.

Shame its taken this long for them to start showing why the manager went back to his former club for what he classed as their best players.

Could save us a lump in transfers and be like new signings if they continue this form.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 10:01 - Sep 20 with 3275 viewspointofblue

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 09:50 - Sep 20 by flimflam

There is a player in both of them at this level at least as know a Shrews season ticket holder who was gutted when they left and spoke very highly of both of them.

Shame its taken this long for them to start showing why the manager went back to his former club for what he classed as their best players.

Could save us a lump in transfers and be like new signings if they continue this form.

Dare I say it, but I think our issue with the midfield for too long has been a lack of balance. Finally it feels like players are being given roles which actually suit them and, lo and behold, they suddenly look half decent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 10:26 - Sep 20 with 3233 viewsBryanPlug

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:56 - Sep 20 by StokieBlue

Shouldn't he have based his opinion on Nolan's performances over the last 2 seasons though.

Bit rich calling people out for basing their opinions on what he is doing on the pitch when he couldn't possibly have done the same.

It's divisive for no reason.

SB

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 3183 viewsdavblue

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:31 - Sep 20 by Mullet

You'd think the fact he's been wrong for 2 years by his own logic would be the thing to keep quiet about. However, as per the hatred of Skuse's quality, it's based on needing to see your own opinion come true rather than seeing how we play etc.

Given Hurst and his changes sent us down and have totally destroyed the club this sort of post is the most pyrrhic of self-made victories isn't it?

The op’s post is stupid.

It’s ok to rate a player and have a different opinion and the team has been pathetic for 2 years which doesn’t help either.

But claiming after 4 games there’s a brilliant player there is a tad premature. If he plays like he is currently for the rest of his career I will hold my hands up say I was wrong. He’s been very, very average so far.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 11:04 - Sep 20 with 3127 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 08:20 - Sep 20 by DanTheMan

Especially considering he was signed to play for us in the Championship, and his inability to do so effectively (along with several others) led to us being relegated to the division he is now finally showing signs of performing in
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 11:30]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 12:31 - Sep 20 with 3010 viewsWacko

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 10:01 - Sep 20 by pointofblue

Dare I say it, but I think our issue with the midfield for too long has been a lack of balance. Finally it feels like players are being given roles which actually suit them and, lo and behold, they suddenly look half decent.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the one-dimensional Skuse isn't there...

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 12:54 - Sep 20 with 2960 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He’s taking us up this year. He just is. I’m making the bold prediction right now that the League 1
Player of the Year award goes to him and he becomes known across Britain as The Ginger Messi.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 12:59 - Sep 20 with 2946 viewsJermynblue

I've been really critical of the midfield being ineffective in the last couple of seasons, but am very pleased with their performance so far this season and hoping that they can keep it going throughout the season. It not only offers us hope this season, but if we do get promoted then having a confident and capable midfield in the Championship will be important.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 17:13 - Sep 20 with 2807 viewsBlueBadger

He's sent the last two years being mostly crap. It's hardly surprising that people think he's crap.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 17:29 - Sep 20 with 2783 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nolan has always had ability, he has been a little cautious in his play for the last two years, hence he seems to be ineffective, always been tidy though.

Playing a little bit more with the shackles off and it’s really benefiting him, as is Edwards.

Don’t know whether that’s coaching or lack of fans. Either way it’s working out well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 17:54 - Sep 20 with 2766 viewsBlueBadger

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 17:29 - Sep 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Nolan has always had ability, he has been a little cautious in his play for the last two years, hence he seems to be ineffective, always been tidy though.

Playing a little bit more with the shackles off and it’s really benefiting him, as is Edwards.

Don’t know whether that’s coaching or lack of fans. Either way it’s working out well.

He's playing under Paul Lambert. It's a lack of fans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 15:57 - Sep 21 with 2580 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 10:26 - Sep 20 by BryanPlug

Thanks, BryanPlug.

My post wasn't meant to be divisive, just a recognition to back up my long term view that Nolan is a player. He's been disappointing, at times, but by no means rubbish as most suggest.

As a Town fan, I hope this continues and he is crowned Player of the Year in a promotion winning team.
Nolan - all the TWTD experts slating him before... on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 2567 viewsBiGDonnie

Good man. Your historical Skuse posts have led me to believe you can spot a player when you see one ;)

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024