Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinian Hawkins 09:38 - Sep 20 with 1849 viewsWickets

I think we look better with this type of centre forward on the pitch at the moment who can play with their back to goal and keep their big defenders occupied . Not meant to be a slur on Norwood as could not fault his effort but our Midfielders really came into their own when Hawkins was on .
Drinian Hawkins on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 1811 viewsChrisd

Norwood and Hawkins are still getting some semblance of match fitness, but from the performances so far we've looked better with Drinan starting. Still believe if Norwood is 100% fit and focused, he's our best option in that central role.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Drinian Hawkins on 09:46 - Sep 20 with 1812 viewsDubtractor

I think it is the position we are lacking most on for this formation.

Drinan obviously played well in a couple of games. Hawkins I wasn't too impressed with yesterday, albeit our performance improved when he was on. The problem with those two though is it relies on our midfielders and wide players getting a lot more goals than usual, not sue either will be chipping in too many goals themselves.

We know Norwood can score, and he will put in the effort, but he was a bit lost yesterday and as Marcus Stewart repeatedly said, it isn't the position he is best suited for and probably exposes his limitations.

Jackson would give us decent options for the occasional ball over the top, but will be hopeless as the focal point for build up play that this formation needs to work effectively.

I said yesterday, but I wonder what options there might be in the loan market up front?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Drinian Hawkins on 10:08 - Sep 20 with 1736 viewspointofblue

Stumbling on Drinan was a master stroke which we obviously couldn’t keep hold of for long. Hopefully he’ll be back soon as we need him for this style of play; we’re really lacking in cover in this respect (which is no surprise considering we’ve suddenly become reliant on our fifth choice striker).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Drinian Hawkins on 10:32 - Sep 20 with 1671 viewsCoco

Drinian Hawkins on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Chrisd

Norwood and Hawkins are still getting some semblance of match fitness, but from the performances so far we've looked better with Drinan starting. Still believe if Norwood is 100% fit and focused, he's our best option in that central role.

I honestly don’t think Norwood is very good but hoping to be proved wrong.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Drinian Hawkins on 10:50 - Sep 20 with 1605 viewsMalcolmBlue

Drinian Hawkins on 09:46 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

Drinan obviously played well in a couple of games. Hawkins I wasn't too impressed with yesterday, albeit our performance improved when he was on. The problem with those two though is it relies on our midfielders and wide players getting a lot more goals than usual, not sue either will be chipping in too many goals themselves.

We know Norwood can score, and he will put in the effort, but he was a bit lost yesterday and as Marcus Stewart repeatedly said, it isn't the position he is best suited for and probably exposes his limitations.

Jackson would give us decent options for the occasional ball over the top, but will be hopeless as the focal point for build up play that this formation needs to work effectively.

I said yesterday, but I wonder what options there might be in the loan market up front?

Wouldn't mind seeing Norwood playing behind one of the big target men to be honest but then we'd have to sacrifice a midfielder

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Drinian Hawkins on 11:48 - Sep 20 with 1473 viewsFreddies_Ears

Hawkins made a big difference yesterday. He occupies the CF spot, and ties up the defence, giving space for MF to exploit. Drinan is growing into that role too.
Norwood is a totally difference player, always craving the ball, and often finding himself out on either flank. That can pull the oppo out of shape, but it does make it harder for us to maintain ours.
For now, I feel Hawkins / Drinan is out best option.
Drinian Hawkins on 12:16 - Sep 20 with 1422 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

Hawkins didn’t do much on the ball (and would have been great to end off that move down the left in style). But I did think we looked better with a front 3 that largely kept position.

Too often last season we had players milling around looking for the ball but with the midfield playing well and looking to get forward they should be giving them an option and stretching the defence more than anything else.

Pronouns: He/Him

Drinian Hawkins on 12:21 - Sep 20 with 1411 viewsHarry_Palmer

Its a shame we couldn't have completed a deal for Danny Graham, he would have been ideal for a season in that role.
Login to get fewer ads

Drinian Hawkins on 13:19 - Sep 20 with 1304 viewsWickets

Drinian Hawkins on 11:48 - Sep 20 by Freddies_Ears

Hawkins made a big difference yesterday. He occupies the CF spot, and ties up the defence, giving space for MF to exploit. Drinan is growing into that role too.
Norwood is a totally difference player, always craving the ball, and often finding himself out on either flank. That can pull the oppo out of shape, but it does make it harder for us to maintain ours.
For now, I feel Hawkins / Drinan is out best option.

I think thats more or less what i said in the OP so i agree .
Drinian Hawkins on 13:21 - Sep 20 with 1299 viewsWickets

Marcus also spoke highly of Hawkins just a pity he missed his chance !
Drinian Hawkins on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 1082 viewsBlueBadger

Drinian Hawkins on 10:50 - Sep 20 by MalcolmBlue

Wouldn't mind seeing Norwood playing behind one of the big target men to be honest but then we'd have to sacrifice a midfielder

In a role that he's never ever played?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Drinian Hawkins on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 981 viewsSwansea_Blue

Drinian Hawkins on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Chrisd

I meant that to be an uppy. Agree entirely. Hawkins has looked a bit lost to me; Drinan looks a much better option at the moment. Early doors though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drinian Hawkins on 03:34 - Sep 21 with 874 viewsharlingblue

I like Drinans/Hawkins' style of play, drop deep to link in with midfield, allow midfielders and wingbacks to attack, but still be in the attacking zone at the end of an attack that might then have a goal scored by a midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024