Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our shorts yesterday 12:13 - Sep 20 with 2291 viewsHullblue

Not sure why I care but have we ever worn them before? I thought the shorts for that kit were red!

In the late 90s we wore some really unusual combinations at times - including the orange away kit with the white home shorts on one occasion I think. Might have been away at Blackburn.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Our shorts yesterday on 12:58 - Sep 20 with 2224 viewsGeoffSentence

Not sure if we have worn that combo before, but it didnt make sense to switch to blue shorts with that kit as Rovers also wore blue shorts.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our shorts yesterday on 13:16 - Sep 20 with 2196 viewsTrumptonBlue

I cared too. It was strange, given that the shorts for that kit were indeed red last season - the blue ones worn yesterday were this season's adidas template, I think.

The orange shirt / white shorts combo was at Sheffield Wednesday. It was the orange shirt that had quite a lot of black on it, and the white shorts with the ludicrous blue swish. It looked terrible.
Our shorts yesterday on 13:39 - Sep 20 with 2156 viewsPhilTWTD

Our shorts yesterday on 12:58 - Sep 20 by GeoffSentence

Not sure if we have worn that combo before, but it didnt make sense to switch to blue shorts with that kit as Rovers also wore blue shorts.

I thought that was a bit odd as well when refs have previously forced kit changes because shorts clashed.
Our shorts yesterday on 13:55 - Sep 20 with 2120 viewsCoastalblue

Completely off topic, but who was the side that came to PR a few years ago and ended up wearing some of our training kit to play in because they didn't have a suitable strip with them?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Our shorts yesterday on 13:57 - Sep 20 with 2110 viewsBluefish

Our shorts yesterday on 13:39 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

I thought that was a bit odd as well when refs have previously forced kit changes because shorts clashed.

I've looked this up before and I'm sure it is just socks and shirts clashes that are mandatory to avoid. Most team usually avoid shorts as well but it is optional I believe

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Our shorts yesterday on 14:00 - Sep 20 with 2104 viewsPhilTWTD

Our shorts yesterday on 13:55 - Sep 20 by Coastalblue

Completely off topic, but who was the side that came to PR a few years ago and ended up wearing some of our training kit to play in because they didn't have a suitable strip with them?

Tranmere.

Our shorts yesterday on 14:05 - Sep 20 with 2068 viewsPhilTWTD

Our shorts yesterday on 13:57 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

I've looked this up before and I'm sure it is just socks and shirts clashes that are mandatory to avoid. Most team usually avoid shorts as well but it is optional I believe

I have to admit I'm not certain of the precise rules, particularly regarding shorts, assume they have varied over the years. Still seems scope for referees to be overly/underly picky on what's acceptable when they fancy it.
Our shorts yesterday on 14:36 - Sep 20 with 2007 viewsTrumptonBlue

Yes, refs tend to be more bothered about sock clashes, as that what a player sees if he looks up quickly from the ball. Short clashes are often permitted - Palace at Man Utd yesterday, for example.

That Tranmere game was typical of the time, in that they came for a 0-0 and got it. I'm sure I recall us giving them some abuse at full-time and John McGreal (then of Tranmere) kissing the Town badge on his shirt in response.
Login to get fewer ads

Our shorts yesterday on 15:02 - Sep 20 with 1959 viewsEly_Blue

Our shorts yesterday on 14:05 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

I have to admit I'm not certain of the precise rules, particularly regarding shorts, assume they have varied over the years. Still seems scope for referees to be overly/underly picky on what's acceptable when they fancy it.

The one that baffled me last season was the cup replay against Coventry where they were allowed to play in their blue kit but the other 3 games between us and them both teams had to wear the change strip

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Our shorts yesterday on 15:53 - Sep 20 with 1893 viewsSuperCoops

Our shorts yesterday on 13:55 - Sep 20 by Coastalblue

As said above, Tranmere. They arrived with their away shirt (chosen as we had white sleeves that year vs. their all white shirt) with their home shorts and socks.

Looking at their away kit, a mixture of a maroon and blue "stripes" (not quite stripes though) I can see why there was considered an issue. Personally think Tranmere would have been safer in their white shirt.
Our shorts yesterday on 16:40 - Sep 20 with 1831 viewsPhilTWTD

Our shorts yesterday on 15:02 - Sep 20 by Ely_Blue

The one that baffled me last season was the cup replay against Coventry where they were allowed to play in their blue kit but the other 3 games between us and them both teams had to wear the change strip

Add to that our away strip this year being not far off their sky blue home kit.
Our shorts yesterday on 16:59 - Sep 20 with 1790 viewsEly_Blue

Our shorts yesterday on 16:40 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

But this was last season, I was baffled

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Our shorts yesterday on 17:13 - Sep 20 with 1773 viewsHullblue

Our shorts yesterday on 16:40 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

This raises the question... If we can’t wear our away kit when we’re playing against a team in blue, when will we wear it?

Our shorts yesterday on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 1769 viewsHullblue

Our shorts yesterday on 13:16 - Sep 20 by TrumptonBlue

I cared too. It was strange, given that the shorts for that kit were indeed red last season - the blue ones worn yesterday were this season's adidas template, I think.

The orange shirt / white shorts combo was at Sheffield Wednesday. It was the orange shirt that had quite a lot of black on it, and the white shorts with the ludicrous blue swish. It looked terrible.

Good memory! I just remember it blowing my mind that we could combine the two.

I’ve had a look for pictures but I can’t find any. Again, not sure why I care but apparently I do.

Our shorts yesterday on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 1758 viewsPhilTWTD

Our shorts yesterday on 17:13 - Sep 20 by Hullblue

This raises the question... If we can’t wear our away kit when we’re playing against a team in blue, when will we wear it?

That was my point, does seem we're going to have limited opportunities to wear it if Coventry were made to change their home kit against us last year, albeit not consistently.
Our shorts yesterday on 03:45 - Sep 21 with 1536 viewsharlingblue

Who cares, we won! If we need to mix up our kit to confuse the opposition to gain 3 points then let's wear sky blue pink! The player to mark is in the opposite colour, the player to pass to, is in the same colour that you are wearing!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024