Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Band shirt nerds thread!? 22:29 - Sep 20 with 2104 viewsmonytowbray

Leading on from BB’s thread about them.

Let’s say these categories...

- Currently own.
- Oldest you still own.
- Wish you still had.
- Never had but wish you did.
- Once owned and regret wearing it massively.
- What you might buy next.

For me...

Current has to be my Single Mothers dreamcatcher which is ICONIC.
https://www.depop.com/products/deathbynumber-single-mothers-classic-pentagram-dr

Oldest is my NOFX one, had it since I was 15 (now 33) and still fits. I’ve dyed it grey though and it’s full of holes.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/751932509/vintage-2002-nofx-pump-up-the-valuum-t

Wish I still had my Raging Speedhorn one for the back print mainly. Got a fun story about that one and some religious neighbours over the road. It got ripped sadly and I chucked it.
https://ragingspeedhorn.bandcamp.com/merch/raging-speedhorn-sniff-glue-worship-s

One tee I wish I had but didn’t get was the this Single Mothers long sleeve in white with black print. Hope they do a rerun soon.
https://anxiousandangry.com/products/single-mothers-hell-long-sleeve-tee-shirt-1

Deffo owned some awful Nu Metal band tees in my early teens. Korn and Fear Factory spring to mind *shudders*

On my list next I’m not too sure as I’m trying not to spend money ATM but I’m tempted so hard to splash out on the ‘Kill Your Masters’ Run The Jewels tee. The flower print is sick but STEEP cost.
https://www.daylightcurfew.com/collections/kill-your-masters/products/kill-your-

[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 22:30]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 22:50 - Sep 20 with 1865 viewstazdac

As a gig goer for the last 35 years I have a large collection of t shirts most of which no longer fit me (they must have shrunk in the wash or something) I still have all of them bagged up in the attic :o)
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 23:01 - Sep 20 with 1860 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Currently own 5 AC/DC T-Shirts plus 1 hoodie. Thunder "Please Remain Seated Tour" T Shirt.

Oldest. Black Ice Tour T- Shirt AC/DC.

Wish i still had T.Rex Slider, Ian Dury and the Blockheads Tour and a couple of early Stiff Little Fingers Tour, and a very fetching 9 Below Zero T-Shirt.

Never had but wish i did would be Tom Robinson Band "Power in the Darkness".

Regret Adam and the Ants Antmusic.

No plans to buy any new ones in the foreseeable.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 00:14 - Sep 21 with 1817 viewsgainsboroughblue

Currently own

Bowie
Sonic Youth
Killing Joke
The Damned
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Velvet Underground
Birthday Party
Kraftwerk
Joy Division
Clash
The Cramps
Stiff Little Fingers
Rammenstein
Slayer

Oldest

Pixies (faded, used these days for stuff like decorating, hair dying)

Wish I still had

I had a Cure one from a concert which probably no longer exists

Never Had But wish I did

No idea

Once Owned and Regretted

None. No shame.

What I might Buy Next

Possibly Social Distortion as seeing them (hopefully) next year

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 00:58 - Sep 21 with 1805 viewsBlueBadger

- Not sure, around a dozen, at least half of which are 'Wildhearts family' tops, I'd say
- A Wildhearts 'demand the right to be unique' thshirt from circa 1994. It still fits. Mainly because I'd bought a large - I was very self-conscious about being a skinny wretch in my youth so bought 'large' in an effort to hide it. It just made me look like I was wearing my dad's cloths.
- Toss up between a Soundgarden '92 tour tshirt or an multi-coloured Orbital fleece.
- Manic Street Preachers 'all rock and rock is homosexual'. Saw it in Compact Music in Sudbury but was too chicken to buy it.
- An all-over tie-dye style REM 'Automatic For The People' tshirt. It was fooking hideous but I insisted on wearing it for years.
- Probably yet another Wildhearts one. Or a Myrkur 'deer skull' hoody that I've been eyeing for ages.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 03:00 - Sep 21 with 1778 viewsPendejo

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 23:01 - Sep 20 by StochesStotasBlewe

Currently own 5 AC/DC T-Shirts plus 1 hoodie. Thunder "Please Remain Seated Tour" T Shirt.

Oldest. Black Ice Tour T- Shirt AC/DC.

Wish i still had T.Rex Slider, Ian Dury and the Blockheads Tour and a couple of early Stiff Little Fingers Tour, and a very fetching 9 Below Zero T-Shirt.

Never had but wish i did would be Tom Robinson Band "Power in the Darkness".

Regret Adam and the Ants Antmusic.

No plans to buy any new ones in the foreseeable.

Why regret the Antmusic one? It was "of its time" had a great logo... Kings of the Wild frontier is a great album.

Not allowed these days, of course, cultural appropriation...

Currently own... None
Oldest... N/a
Wish I still had... Never mind the bolloks, unknown pleasures, London calling, motorhead
Never had but wish... ?? none??
Regrets... ?I've had a few... But none with regards t shirts. Don't regret my Antmusic one

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 04:21 - Sep 21 with 1770 viewsIPS_wich

Not many left now - but wish I'd kept the ones I had. Probably had about 40 at one point in my uni days.

Only have three left that were to sentimental to let go:
- Fields of the Nephilim 'Last of the Western Heroes' shirt - probably bought in 1992
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fields-nephilim-western-heroes-shirt-1603
- New Model Army 'Love of Hopeless Causes' tour t-shirt, with the orange/yellow spiral - bought in 93 at their Leeds gig
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/model-army-love-hopeless-causes-shirt-245
- New Model Army black logo t-shirt that I cut the arms off - that I wore to the Leeds gig in 93
https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/New-Model-Army-by-eyepoo/45828935.IJ6L0.XYZ

Wish I still had my Pop Will Eat Itself 'Pepsi/PWEI' t-shirt that I got around 89/90
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pop-eat-itself-original-pepsi-shirt-31127

Had one of the awful REM Automatic for the People T-shirt (that someone else mentioned) - looked awful on me https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/e-automatic-people-vintage-all-over-18284

I'm 46 - probably not thinking about getting anymore
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 06:59 - Sep 21 with 1725 viewshoppy

Did you say you might buy a STEPS one next?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 07:54 - Sep 21 with 1689 viewsLevelTheLand

I own a fair few.

Current favourite is probably IDLES' 'No one is an island' tee.
Oldest is a standard Motörhead, now missing sleeves.
I had a Motörhead and an AC/DC shirt from my teens, which my older brother stole and cut the sleeves off. Annoyingly, he's never seen either of those bands anyway.
IDLES has a lovely long sleeve for sale on their tour last year which I wish I'd bought. That or one of their tracksuits. New Model Army also had a long sleeve available a few years back which had sold out of my size.
Don't think I regret any of my tees.
I don't like wearing tees of bands that I've not seen live, however, seeing as concerts may be a while away, I might order a c.o.f.f.i.n one.*

*not including a new IDLES tee arriving this week.
Login to get fewer ads

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 08:06 - Sep 21 with 1675 viewsurbanblue

I went to see 'The Men they couldn't Hang' at the Irish Centre, Birmingham on the 11th December 1989. I know the exact date as it's written on the back of the tour T Shirt that I bought that night and still own.

It's got a bit shapeless now and I very rarely wear it so that's probably why it's survived the last 31 years.

I took a photo to post but not sure how to ... No examples online either. A real rarity I would guess.
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 08:12 - Sep 21 with 1662 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 03:00 - Sep 21 by Pendejo

Why regret the Antmusic one? It was "of its time" had a great logo... Kings of the Wild frontier is a great album.

Not allowed these days, of course, cultural appropriation...

Currently own... None
Oldest... N/a
Wish I still had... Never mind the bolloks, unknown pleasures, London calling, motorhead
Never had but wish... ?? none??
Regrets... ?I've had a few... But none with regards t shirts. Don't regret my Antmusic one

Unfortunately chap, it wasn't that logo. Just had Mr Goddard with his war paint on and Antmusic in bright red underneath. My college mates got it for my birthday, circa 1980. horrid garment.

Agree though, at it,s time, was a cracking album.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 08:13 - Sep 21 with 1661 viewsDubtractor

- Currently own
Probably about 30. I nearly always buy one at a gig if there is a design I like.

- Oldest you still own.
Probably Fatso Jetson/Yawning Man legends of the desert combined shirt. Think its 8 years or so, due to buying so many shirts I can't be too sentimental and need to donate older stuff to charity shops.

- Wish you still had.
No specific shirt, but I had a load of classic metal band shirts in the early 90s that are now sadly long gone.

Various Monster Magnet bullgod designs.

There are pictures of me wearing the Pantera Vulgar Display of Power album art shirt for a family Christmas meal in the mid 90s. I loved the shirt, but not exactly festive and I was old enough to know better!

Whenever I'm next able to go to a gig I will definitely be buying a shirt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 08:16 - Sep 21 with 1658 viewsDubtractor

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 00:58 - Sep 21 by BlueBadger

- Not sure, around a dozen, at least half of which are 'Wildhearts family' tops, I'd say
- A Wildhearts 'demand the right to be unique' thshirt from circa 1994. It still fits. Mainly because I'd bought a large - I was very self-conscious about being a skinny wretch in my youth so bought 'large' in an effort to hide it. It just made me look like I was wearing my dad's cloths.
- Toss up between a Soundgarden '92 tour tshirt or an multi-coloured Orbital fleece.
- Manic Street Preachers 'all rock and rock is homosexual'. Saw it in Compact Music in Sudbury but was too chicken to buy it.
- An all-over tie-dye style REM 'Automatic For The People' tshirt. It was fooking hideous but I insisted on wearing it for years.
- Probably yet another Wildhearts one. Or a Myrkur 'deer skull' hoody that I've been eyeing for ages.

My group of mates all bought the 'demand the right to be unique' shirt at their corn exchange gig in the mid 90s.

We all wore them for the Almighty gig at the same venue the following week. Because bants.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 09:26 - Sep 21 with 1601 viewshampstead_blue

I've never been one for buying t-shirts at gigs HOWEVER.....

I've a selection of Hamsters and John Ottway ones. Bought to support the artists as much as anything. Never wore or wear them.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 09:34 - Sep 21 with 1580 viewsmichaeldownunder

I have a cure T shirt Great XFM, with great band names on the back like, the family cat and Belly. Love it and wear it loads
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 09:50 - Sep 21 with 1562 viewslongtimefan

Can honestly say that despite gong to many gigs I have never bought a band shirt. Much like going to Portman Road for 50 years and having never bought an official ITFC shirt!
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 11:35 - Sep 21 with 1515 viewsDebsyAngel

Used to have tons when I was into death and thrash metal but sold them all to friends in the early 90s.

Then went on to Ned's Atomic Dustbin and had a few of theirs, a Veruca Salt one, a Salad one, a Cud one, but they all went to the bin or charity shops.

Only one I still have is a long sleeved Manic Street Preachers one with "Baby I'm Bored" on it.

I don't wear any band t shirts now.

My husband has tons of band t shirts - from Pixies, Seahorses, Radiohead, and new bands that he likes. I buy him a new one every birthday and Xmas!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 11:35]
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 13:14 - Sep 21 with 1478 viewsJimmyJazz

My adds that are appearing are now all about T-Shirts - not bad actually

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 14:27 - Sep 21 with 1436 viewsCaptainAhab

Good thread

Mostly own modern metal band tees, pick one up at a gig if I like the band and designs; Cult of Luna, Amenra, Regarde Les Hommes Tomber amongst others and still got a few old classics, Kyuss, Slayer, At the Drive In.

Oldest: Nirvana Sliver t-shirt circa 92, bought from Rex Records I believe.

Wish I still had: Soundgarden tour tee, although to be honest all the old tees I have fit horribly, for some reason I thought XL was cool at the time and they haven't aged well.

Regret: Much to my dads consternation when I was about 10 I got a def leppard t-shirt from the promenade in Clacton that had a naked lady on it, but where her nipples should of been it had panther eyes?! Wore it once and felt VERY self conscious. Shoulda just got the hysteria one.

Next buy: whatever gig comes next if ever...
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 15:18 - Sep 21 with 1415 viewsthecheek

Currently own (aside from the load bagged up in loft) -

The Primitives (the one Morrissey infamously wore when he was credible)
Miss Black America (for the name more than anything)
Duran Duran (first album graphics)
Inspiral Carpets - (Cool As F*ck)
Dinosaur Jr
Funkdoobiest
British Sea Power

Oldest -

The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me

Wish still had -

Tears For Fears

Never had -

None

Once owned but regret wearing -

The Charlatans (not for who they were but bought at one of their very early gigs and was possibly the worst quality/ill fitting item of clothing I've ever bought!)

Buy next -

Dinosaur Jr (for my 2 year old daughter!)
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 15:21]
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 15:50 - Sep 21 with 1390 viewsFenboyBlue

- Currently own.
About 20. All of them over 20 years old. Most of them faded & holey. Just worn round the house nowadays. All much tighter to wear now, I'm sure they used to hang off me!

- Oldest you still own.
New Order 'Thieves Like Us' was my first, I think I bought in Peterborough's HMV in 1986.

- Wish you still had.
(somebody just mentioned Dinosaur Jr) I had a really nice Dinosaur Jr one that I haven't seen for years. Where did it go ?

I really wanted a Big Black t-shirt in 1988 but I never saw it to buy.

Can't think of one. If I did have, I've already thrown it out years ago and struck it from my memory.

Haven't bought a band t-shirt this century but I was only thinking this morning 'shall I buy an IDLES t-shirt?'
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 16:25 - Sep 21 with 1375 viewsWeWereZombies

Like longtimefan I have never much liked buying T-shirts at gigs so have owned very few (and I have only once bought a replica Town shirt too, I think they look odd even at a match and wonder if the people who wear them secretly hope that when a substitution is made they will somehow be able to knock out the sub and hide them before sneaking on the pitch in their place...)

Currently own is also the oldest I still own, and not even for a band but for a festival. A festival that was entirely indoors: Futurama 1980 (Queen's Hall, Leeds), like this image bit without the date and time:

https://www.mylifeinthemoshofghosts.com/2017/04/08/futurama-2-festival-queens-ha

Wish I still had: When I was sixteen I had one of those Grateful Dead rose-wreathed skull pictures in glorious black on a yellow background (same picture as Live Dead II but with even less colour) which I wore a lot because I liked what I thought was its shock value, I wasn't really a Dead head though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grateful_Dead_(album)

Never had but wish you did: Oh, probably something wilfully obscure so that I could wear it at festivals and get the occasional double take. Say one with the cover of the first Shelagh MacDonald album on it.

https://mainlynorfolk.info/folk/records/shelaghmcdonald.html

Once owned and regret wearing it massively: Again not a band T-Shirt, more of a series of records T-Shirt for 'Ritmos Del Mundo', but only because it was slightly too small and looked slightly too small...also was just not my colour dahlink.

What I might buy next: If I were ever to buy a T-shirt again it would have to be long sleeved and not feature the band's name, maybe the chain mailed fist image from the cover of 'The Tain' by Horslips.

https://www.celticnote.com/merch/horslips-tain-black
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 10:52]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 19:36 - Sep 21 with 1318 viewsJamestownPrince

Band shirt nerds thread!? on 08:16 - Sep 21 by Dubtractor

My group of mates all bought the 'demand the right to be unique' shirt at their corn exchange gig in the mid 90s.

We all wore them for the Almighty gig at the same venue the following week. Because bants.

If only Ricky would do one more Almighty reunion gig.....

My "Just add Life" shirt shrunk so i gave it to my sister, My 2008 anniversary tour t shirt is full holes - might go and see if I can buy a Powertrippin one!
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 19:40 - Sep 21 with 1308 viewsJamestownPrince

Getting old and with pubs being "out of the question" for me at the moment, down to 2 Iron Maiden t shirts, A holey Almighty tour t shirt, a Paradise Lost t shirt and a Type o Negative "Life is Killing me t shirt"

Lost some Terrorvision, Type O, Def Leppard, Almighty t-shirts to paint, holes, lost when moving etc.
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 21:28 - Sep 21 with 1259 viewsFoD_Blue

Got around 60 tour t-shirts, around 20 of them are Iron Maiden ones, with a lot of other rock bands and a fair number of festival t-shirts (mostly Download Festival).

Oldest is Iron Maiden 1992 tour shirt, although as has happened to many on here, mine has shrunk in the wash.

I wish I still had the t-shirts from Monsters of Rock '88 and '92 and Queen at Knebworth in '86.

None that I never had but wish I had.

Next one I buy will be at whatever gig I manage to get to next. I don't buy a shirt from every gig, I have become more selective recently. However in the current climate it is an excuse to throw a bit of cash at bands that have had it really hard in the current climate.

Currently wearing Alter Bridge at the Albert Hall gig shirt.
Band shirt nerds thread!? on 06:26 - Sep 22 with 1206 viewsWarkystache

Currently own

A Doors one I got from the US in 2003 - Morrison laying on stage with the Doors logo faded into blue and white above him.

- Oldest you still own

An 808 State one I bought in 1990, just with '808:90' on it. It doesn't fit.....

- Wish you still had.

My Soul II Soul Funky Dreads one. Got it from the Soul II Soul shop in Camden in 1989. The face washed off after 6 months

The Ed Sheeran Ipswich Town one. Not because I'm a Sheeran fan. I just wanted the shirt.

Friend's daughter went and saw Steps in the late 90's. I had to wear their T-Shirt to her 21st (dress code). Thankfully, only for one night. It's now handy dusters.

I'm 46. It's all Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and chinos from now on.......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024