Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COVID - minimum number of games? 03:51 - Sep 21 with 612 viewsSE1blue

After the bickering and confusion over the end of last season, have new rules been set as to how the season would end if COVID prevents a finish?

Like how many games have to be played before it’s called etc?

This has nothing to do with Town sitting top by the way...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

COVID - minimum number of games? on 09:08 - Sep 21 with 455 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cant see it happening.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

COVID - minimum number of games? on 09:11 - Sep 21 with 452 viewsBloomBlue

If it's ended really early I would assume it will be decided based purely on how many clubs still exist, many (many) will fold financially and you might find it's just a hand full of clubs left meaning you can have a mini league of 4 or 5 teams and keep them all in their own bubble
COVID - minimum number of games? on 09:52 - Sep 21 with 398 viewshatch

I suspect it'll play out and you'd need at least half a season (every team playing every other team at least once).

What I don't quite understand is all the clubs post lockdown throwing their toys out of the pram saying they couldn't afford to hold the remaining games and now the season has started without any qualms.

The only reasons I can think are:

- the mandatory covid-19 tests were expensive and regular, I'm assuming the regularity of testing is reduced and it is therefore now cheaper
- The season could still be finished last year without the need for the games whereas now the games are necessary to complete the season

Have I missed anything?
COVID - minimum number of games? on 09:54 - Sep 21 with 395 viewsyesjohn99

Two will do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024