Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour De France 08:10 - Sep 21 with 702 viewsurbanblue

For the first year I never saw any posts about Le Tour this year. I'm not a cyclist but this years race was compulsive viewing ... The best race for years with an extraordinary finish.

Terrific stuff.
Tour De France on 08:17 - Sep 21 with 674 viewsBarcaBlue

Absolutely enthralling. Everyone (me included) must thought Roglic had it in the bag, maybe even before Bernal blew up. Saturday's time trial was just incredible theatre.

Really enjoyed the itv4 coverage so much better now they mix up the commentators / pundits.
Tour De France on 08:25 - Sep 21 with 653 viewsurbanblue

Tour De France on 08:17 - Sep 21 by BarcaBlue

Absolutely enthralling. Everyone (me included) must thought Roglic had it in the bag, maybe even before Bernal blew up. Saturday's time trial was just incredible theatre.

Really enjoyed the itv4 coverage so much better now they mix up the commentators / pundits.

I nearly didn't bother watching the Time Trial because they are generally quite boring and I thought it was all over and Roglic was home and dry. Glad I did. Couldn't believe what I was seeing at the end there.

Commentators pretty good here in Oz though spent too much time gushing about Richie Porte getting on the podium what with everything else that happened.
Tour De France on 08:34 - Sep 21 with 645 viewsOldsmoker

The Tour was my own secret pleasure to escape the maelstrom of TWTD.
You're right about it being a memorable year as it was not dominated by the Sky team which became really boring. Jumbo-Visma took their place.
One thing the Ineos team (ex-Sky) did do that was remarkable was stage 18.
2 of their riders taking the stage in a breakaway of 2. Never seen that before.
My 2 favourite riders Alaphilipe and Segan both sparkled but never shone.
And Qunitana did his usual Tour of confirming that once again this is not going to be his year despite all the media hype.
Great way to waste 3 weeks worth of afternoons.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 8:37]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tour De France on 08:36 - Sep 21 with 642 viewsBarcaBlue

Tour De France on 08:25 - Sep 21 by urbanblue

I nearly didn't bother watching the Time Trial because they are generally quite boring and I thought it was all over and Roglic was home and dry. Glad I did. Couldn't believe what I was seeing at the end there.

Commentators pretty good here in Oz though spent too much time gushing about Richie Porte getting on the podium what with everything else that happened.

Richie Porte getting on the podium was a good sub-plot, good to see after so much bad luck.

I find the Spanish coverage almost unwatchable with their constant fawning over the Movistar team, who for another year did little to enhance the race. I really dislike Valverde and hopefully this is his last Tour.
Tour De France on 11:08 - Sep 21 with 572 viewsTractorWood

Tour De France on 08:34 - Sep 21 by Oldsmoker

The Tour was my own secret pleasure to escape the maelstrom of TWTD.
You're right about it being a memorable year as it was not dominated by the Sky team which became really boring. Jumbo-Visma took their place.
One thing the Ineos team (ex-Sky) did do that was remarkable was stage 18.
2 of their riders taking the stage in a breakaway of 2. Never seen that before.
My 2 favourite riders Alaphilipe and Segan both sparkled but never shone.
And Qunitana did his usual Tour of confirming that once again this is not going to be his year despite all the media hype.
Great way to waste 3 weeks worth of afternoons.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 8:37]

The media does seem to have a cohort of always there but never do anything riders they consistently go on about.

Dan Martin, Romain Bardet, Thibaut Pino.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 11:09]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Tour De France on 11:15 - Sep 21 with 558 viewsOldsmoker

Tour De France on 11:08 - Sep 21 by TractorWood

The media does seem to have a cohort of always there but never do anything riders they consistently go on about.

Dan Martin, Romain Bardet, Thibaut Pino.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 11:09]

They do though don't they.
I never heard Marc Hirschi mentioned before the tour but he was the star of the tour for me. I love it when breakways start and the commentators say he's got no chance only to be proved wrong.
I did agree with the commentators when Hirschi tried it a second time when he must have been knackered from being in the breakaway 2 days before but he proved us all wrong - again.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tour De France on 11:36 - Sep 21 with 539 viewsKeno

Yay!!

It was a stunning day Saturday.

The tour is very much my guilty pleasure

Ineos were poor tho

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024