Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
interesting graph 08:46 - Sep 21 with 989 viewslowhouseblue

3rd one down - mortality rate over 20 years. 2020 to August is lower than the same period in every year prior to 2007.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

interesting graph on 08:54 - Sep 21 with 949 viewsDubtractor

Or to put it another way, higher than every year since 2007....

As a stats man I'm always interested by stuff like this. The narrative I need to see, is what happened between 2000 and 2007 for such a significant year on year reduction?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

interesting graph on 08:57 - Sep 21 with 929 viewsOldsmoker

interesting graph on 08:54 - Sep 21 by Dubtractor

As a stats man I'm always interested by stuff like this. The narrative I need to see, is what happened between 2000 and 2007 for such a significant year on year reduction?

My hand shoots up.
Ooh, me sir.
I know this.

It was Labours policy of trying to end millions of children living in poverty.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

interesting graph on 09:15 - Sep 21 with 886 viewsGeoffSentence

interesting graph on 08:57 - Sep 21 by Oldsmoker

My hand shoots up.
Ooh, me sir.
I know this.

It was Labours policy of trying to end millions of children living in poverty.

How did they try to end them?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

interesting graph on 09:17 - Sep 21 with 881 viewslowhouseblue

and indeed the counter factuals of what the graph would have looked like under different policy responses. it's interesting because 2020 isn't all that dramatic in a 2 decade perspective - given all the policy interventions of course.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

interesting graph on 09:18 - Sep 21 with 880 viewsStokieBlue

It's too simplistic to look at it that way.

- Doesn't account for changes in treatment
- Doesn't account for the fact everyone has been locked down and not mingling which is a massive change to every other year in the chart

Probably others but it's still early in the day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

interesting graph on 09:27 - Sep 21 with 850 viewsgordon

Chr*st, whoever made that graph is an idiot or trying to mislead. It compares 12 month periods with an 8 month period which excludes most of the highest risk months.

Edit: actually the X axis is ambiguous so it may be comparing the first 8 months of each year, not clear.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 9:29]
interesting graph on 09:30 - Sep 21 with 820 viewsDubtractor

interesting graph on 09:27 - Sep 21 by gordon

Chr*st, whoever made that graph is an idiot or trying to mislead. It compares 12 month periods with an 8 month period which excludes most of the highest risk months.

Edit: actually the X axis is ambiguous so it may be comparing the first 8 months of each year, not clear.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 9:29]

According to the note underneath it is the same 8 month period for each year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

interesting graph on 09:33 - Sep 21 with 807 viewsKeno

We need Cotty to come back and explain it all

He was good with numbers and adding ip and stuff like that

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

interesting graph on 09:57 - Sep 21 with 747 viewsGuthrum

The proposed systems seem to create a two-tiered society. The young and healthy, free to carry on with their lives, divided from the elderly and the sick, cocooned in endless quarantine, cut off from contact with the rest.

Imagine never being able to see parents or grandparents except under prison-visiting style conditions. Never being able to go to sports events, gigs or the pub with mates who have health conditions.

We'd need separate hospitals for each category, possibly even separate shops (or enforced home delivery). People with health conditions would not be able to work, except strictly from home.

All this extending for an indefinite period of maybe decades into the future. At vast expense and with significant impact upon the health - particularly mental - of a large (and growing, given the aging population) chunk of society.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

interesting graph on 10:13 - Sep 21 with 712 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burley's legacy innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024