Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... 10:36 - Sep 21 with 4031 viewsBloots

....to come back in?

There is little doubt that he has to start once his body/mind is ready.

I'm sure we all hope that Shambert doesn't change the shape of the team to accommodate him.

Dozzell and Nolan have proven their worth so far, so it really only leaves Bish.

Doesn't it?

Maybe I'll do one of those poll things.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 3635 viewshype313

I'd be tempted to drop Bish, only because he has played so few games over the years that I worry his body might not be up to the rigors of such a hectic calendar.

Managing his fitness will be key to our success.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:38 - Sep 21 with 3642 viewsSomethingBlue

Tricky one and yes Downes has to play. More a question for after the window shuts I imagine. Bishop on current form and the rationale for that can largely be that we need to look after him. Would be content enough if that spot ended up being more or less split between Bishop/Nolan as things stand.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:44 - Sep 21 with 3598 viewsEly_Blue

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:44 - Sep 21 with 3599 viewsDubtractor

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:38 - Sep 21 by SomethingBlue

Tricky one and yes Downes has to play. More a question for after the window shuts I imagine. Bishop on current form and the rationale for that can largely be that we need to look after him. Would be content enough if that spot ended up being more or less split between Bishop/Nolan as things stand.

What he said.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:45 - Sep 21 with 3593 viewsLankHenners

Before a ball was kicked you'd be saying Nolan's the obvious choice but he's arguably been the top performer in the team over the last few games and should deservedly keep his spot.

It is probably Bishop which is a bit harsh on him but Downes needs to come and can't really be kept quiet in the same way Bishop can. His energy and tenacity would reduce some of the defensive burden from Dozzell as well which is a positive and will only improve us.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:50 - Sep 21 with 3555 viewsWeekender

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:45 - Sep 21 by LankHenners

Before a ball was kicked you'd be saying Nolan's the obvious choice but he's arguably been the top performer in the team over the last few games and should deservedly keep his spot.

It is probably Bishop which is a bit harsh on him but Downes needs to come and can't really be kept quiet in the same way Bishop can. His energy and tenacity would reduce some of the defensive burden from Dozzell as well which is a positive and will only improve us.

If you drop Bishop then you end up taking Nolan out of the box to box roll he is doing well at currently (and has said is his preferred preferred position) and into the advanced role, a role he’s played before without much impact.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:50 - Sep 21 with 3555 viewsitfcjoe

I think it's Bishop sadly, but he'll have his games - I think Saturday was a struggle because the game was so congested in the middle.

Bishop's game is breaking lines with dribbles, but Bristol Rovers seemed to have a box midfield with a square of 2 deeper lying midfielders and 2 more regular CMs so there was just no space to break a line and we were only able to do it by moving the ball quickly and switching play which played more into Nolan's skillset

Most teams won't be as stodgy in the midfield, and Bishop will get his chance to impress - ultimately though Downes is our best player and Dozzell is so key in how we are looking to play.....so it is 1 from Nolan, Bishop or Huws

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:21 - Sep 21 with 3456 viewsFixed_It

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:44 - Sep 21 by Dubtractor

What he said.

And what you said.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:25 - Sep 21 with 3437 viewsOldsmoker

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:21 - Sep 21 by Fixed_It

And what you said.

I think you put it better.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:30 - Sep 21 with 3424 viewsHerbivore

It's a tough one, none of the current three deserve to be dropped with how they've started the season but no doubt Downes improves us in the middle of the park. Much as he's started the season really well I'd probably drop Nolan as it's the closest to a like for like change in. That area, albeit they have different strengths. That said I think it'll be Bishop and I can see the argument for that, have to factor in too that Bishop probably offers more coming off the bench to change a game than any of the others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:39 - Sep 21 with 3385 viewsOsborneOneNil

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:30 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

It's a tough one, none of the current three deserve to be dropped with how they've started the season but no doubt Downes improves us in the middle of the park. Much as he's started the season really well I'd probably drop Nolan as it's the closest to a like for like change in. That area, albeit they have different strengths. That said I think it'll be Bishop and I can see the argument for that, have to factor in too that Bishop probably offers more coming off the bench to change a game than any of the others.

Tough one, but it would be wrong to drop Nolan based on the fact he’s been excellent, so far.
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:39 - Sep 21 with 3380 viewsDarth_Koont

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:45 - Sep 21 by LankHenners

Think that’s the key. Downes isn’t just our best midfielder, he’s also the player who’ll free up Dozzell and Nolan to do what they do best.

And considering Downes wasn’t dropped because of form, I don’t think Teddy can have many complaints as the midfielder who has been decent but not as good as the other two.

Pronouns: He/Him

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:46 - Sep 21 with 3352 viewsDarth_Koont

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 11:30 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Agreed re: Bishop off the bench. As a starter we haven’t seen much of those trademark runs at defenders in any case.

Also I think Downes needs to be in there when we’re up against better midfields. Probably the single player in our squad (barring Skuse who does it in a more limited way) that can help us get a hold of games.

Pronouns: He/Him

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:22 - Sep 21 with 3244 viewsElderGrizzly

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 10:50 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

I think it's Bishop sadly, but he'll have his games - I think Saturday was a struggle because the game was so congested in the middle.

Bishop's game is breaking lines with dribbles, but Bristol Rovers seemed to have a box midfield with a square of 2 deeper lying midfielders and 2 more regular CMs so there was just no space to break a line and we were only able to do it by moving the ball quickly and switching play which played more into Nolan's skillset

Most teams won't be as stodgy in the midfield, and Bishop will get his chance to impress - ultimately though Downes is our best player and Dozzell is so key in how we are looking to play.....so it is 1 from Nolan, Bishop or Huws

What she said
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:38 - Sep 21 with 3183 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Why would you change it? We are off to a very good start, 2 win, 2 clean sheets, a lot of chances created.

Maybe as the season progresses, Bishop would benefit from more rests, but right now, Nolan/Dozzell/Bishop have to keep their spots.

Only 2 weeks ago Downes was looking for out of the club, and don't think he should walk straight back in, especially when the three in there are doing a very good job. He has to bide his time now.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 12:40]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:39 - Sep 21 with 3174 viewsStokieBlue

Although when Downes came on Nolan seemed to work well with him and even got up the pitch far enough to score.

I don't think we can drop Nolan just when he finally starts playing really well, could finsih him off confidence wise.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:40 - Sep 21 with 3171 viewsChrisd

It's a tricky one, but a good problem to have for PL. I honestly, think I'd start with Dozzell, Nolan and Bishop and keep Downes on the bench, but give him some minutes against Rochdale at some point. Downes is our best midfielder, but he is also getting himself back to match fitness due to the Palace saga.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 3155 viewsCoco

This is the beauty of having to fight for your place right? Nolan knows he has to perform to stay in! Bish knows he has to stay fit AND perform. Downes has a battle to get back in and when he does he has to raise it to stay in.

and we haven't even mentioned HUWS! That midfield alone should ge us up.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:54 - Sep 21 with 3117 viewstractordownsouth

Whoever we decide to drop, it's incredible that Emyr Huws is effectively 5th choice CM at a League 1 club

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:55 - Sep 21 with 3113 viewsyesjohn99

No one. Most on here been preaching for no chopping and changing. Just wait until the inevitable when bishop picks up a knock then keep Downes in from then. Providing he performs well of course.
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 13:03 - Sep 21 with 3089 viewsMetal_Hacker

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:54 - Sep 21 by tractordownsouth

Whoever we decide to drop, it's incredible that Emyr Huws is effectively 5th choice CM at a League 1 club

I guess a lot of reasons for that but mostly because for me so far he's had players better than him , a lot better than him this season.Still waiting to see what he can really do in our shirt if I'm honest

Poll: If it were one or the other

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 13:13 - Sep 21 with 3033 viewsHalf_Idiot

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 12:38 - Sep 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

Why would you change it? We are off to a very good start, 2 win, 2 clean sheets, a lot of chances created.

Maybe as the season progresses, Bishop would benefit from more rests, but right now, Nolan/Dozzell/Bishop have to keep their spots.

Only 2 weeks ago Downes was looking for out of the club, and don't think he should walk straight back in, especially when the three in there are doing a very good job. He has to bide his time now.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 12:40]

Exactly this.

Until one of the current 3 lose form, fitness or take a knock we shouldn't be considering changes.
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 13:16 - Sep 21 with 3020 viewsbackwaywhen

I still think Downes will go .
So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 13:32 - Sep 21 with 2956 viewspointofblue

It’s alright, at least one of them is bound to pick up an injury within the next couple of weeks - Downes can just replace whoever the unfortunate beggar is.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So who drops out of the midfield 3 for Downes...... on 14:28 - Sep 21 with 2826 viewsLeightonBuzzardBlue

I don't think any of the midfield 3 deserves to be dropped as of yet based off of performance. However, I do worry about managing the game time of Bish and to a lesser extent Dozzell because of their lack of continuous playing time in the past and also previous injury problems
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024