Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... 11:48 - Sep 21 with 1439 viewsN2_Blue

last year. Its far worse than I remember.

12 games in 5th October 2020:

Ipswich Town 12 9 3 0 22:5 17 30 2.50

7 points clear of Wycomebe in 2nd.

Like many have said, it didn't feel very convining though and we were really flattering to deceive. Still that GD and goals conceded is very surprising.

I'm more optimistic this season than last despite the downbeat mood pre-season. I think the division is weaker this year personally and we seem a better balanced team currently. Many teams such a Pboro, Oxford, Portsmouth have weakened. Sunderland and Charlton are probably the best of a mediocre lot.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 11:57 - Sep 21 with 1395 viewsTieDyedIn95

Yeah I agree, I had us down to 7 - 11th but I am going to reappraise and say 7th upward now based on the fact that Chambers has surprisingly come in well at right back, Toto has stepped up somewhat, Nolan has been superb too and Dozzell and Bishop have taken their shot at the first team again with a level of enthusiasm we didn't see from them last season.

My only fear is we're still not that great at the back and we had a couple of scary moments on Saturday where we almost gifted them a couple like last season and although Drinan did well before injury, we don't look like we've got an out and out goal-scoring centre forward good enough for this level and thats something we desperately need.

We really need to get a grip of the back room injury issues and sell the players who want out though. The Jackson, Norwood, Downes cloud needs to be shifted so we can, and they can just move on from it. The rest of the camp seems happy enough.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 11:58 - Sep 21 with 1397 viewsGeoffSentence

And that's the rub. Last season's collapse does make it difficult to have any faith in a decent start.

My faith is placed in the fact that the club seems commited to sticking to a team and formation instead of the titting about of last season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 12:14 - Sep 21 with 1342 viewsN2_Blue

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 11:58 - Sep 21 by GeoffSentence

And that's the rub. Last season's collapse does make it difficult to have any faith in a decent start.

My faith is placed in the fact that the club seems commited to sticking to a team and formation instead of the titting about of last season.

yes, i'm glad the league cup is done with and be happy to use remaining two EFL trophy games as run outs for players needing fitness...then there should be no excuse for changing winning teams. If we can get one of our forwards firing and KVY back i'm confident we should be a real top 2 challenger this season whatever happens with the Downes situation.

The defence is a slight worry but I think the division is fairly average. Even last season defence was not so much of a problem but was more scoring goals. The number of games we lost 1-0 or drew 1-1.

Really hope Norwood can get his fitness sorted. He should be more than decent enough at this level and despaite some missed 1 v 1s there is a playeer there. Persistent groin injury is not his fault obvioulsy but can't help think he's been a little unprofessional in how out of shape he seems to have let himself go in what could be a make or break season for him. Promotion this season with us is his only chance at playing at a higher level which i'm sure he wants to do.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 17:54 - Sep 21 with 1097 viewsBlueBadger

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 11:58 - Sep 21 by GeoffSentence

Although, Lambert should probably get the sack for needing EVANS to tell him to stop endlessly rotating the side, system and formation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 19:06 - Sep 21 with 1038 viewsSwansea_Blue

I haven’t forgotten. We were bloody terrible, so I’m judging this start with caution. But the big difference is that we’re playing better now than we did at the start of last season. I reckon we’ll be far less likely to collapse this yea as long as we carry on what we’re doing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 21:33 - Sep 21 with 927 viewsRedX

Doooooooooom....

Look forward, not back.
Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 22:12 - Sep 21 with 890 viewsEl_Fenix

It does not alter the points you are making, but I believe that the undefeated run at the start of the season was 11 games, W8 D3 L0, and 27 points.

Game 12 was a 2-0 loss away to Accrington Stanley and Game 13 was a 0-2 loss at home to Rotherham.

During the last 8 games of the season, the incredible record of futility was W1 D1 L6, or just 0.5 points per game, as the team dropped 10 places in the league standings.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 22:43 - Sep 21 with 860 viewsClareBlue

Last season was a bit strange in the number of matches so condensed early.

Relegated teams usually need to get some confidence but we started winning and got some luck too. But the continually changing the team distroyed the confidence. I remember watching loads of lucky wins. Fleetwood and Rochdale in particular.

I thought coming away from Rochdale that this was not a team that would get promotion playing like this. Trying to out hoof seasoned hoofers was not going to work, especially when our team didn't know who was going to be in the team to hoof it to.
We have played two of the teams that will be shown to be in the lower section of this league so far, so don't get carried away. At least we didn't hoof away and when the ball was on the ground we looked like we were a better team.
Login to get fewer ads

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 08:21 - Sep 22 with 732 viewsOldsmoker

Enjoying our good start but i'd actually forgotten how badly we screwed up... on 22:12 - Sep 21 by El_Fenix

It does not alter the points you are making, but I believe that the undefeated run at the start of the season was 11 games, W8 D3 L0, and 27 points.

Game 12 was a 2-0 loss away to Accrington Stanley and Game 13 was a 0-2 loss at home to Rotherham.

During the last 8 games of the season, the incredible record of futility was W1 D1 L6, or just 0.5 points per game, as the team dropped 10 places in the league standings.

In hindsight, last season was baffling.
Lambert did squad rotation to have a fit and fresh side for the 2nd half of the season and 4 points from 24 was the result.
FFS.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024