Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting through lockdown 19:58 - Sep 21 with 1072 viewspointofblue

It’s looking likely a lockdown, to a degree, will be put in place tomorrow and this will probably continue - at the very least - on and off for the winter. So I thought I’d start a thread for people to post ideas to aid people through these times, especially due to the weather and longer nights reducing the ability to go out and about.

Any books which make for a good read? Any box sets which are worth a look? Any apps which are relentlessly addictive? Trying to learn a new skill? Maybe the idea might help someone else through an hour, an evening, a day, a month or even longer (including me!)

I have to say, despite the lack of atmosphere, the amount of football on television is a real help for me - having Premier League football on tonight alongside the FA Cup with the Carabao Cup to follow throughout the week does help pass the evening.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Getting through lockdown on 20:14 - Sep 21 with 1000 viewsAce_High1

Focus on learning something new or improving a skill.

For me the year is going to be write off in terms of these measures so I am having golf lessons and playing every week - this is one sport that it is perfectly safe to play out in the fresh air, no need to go inside at all.

Also learning a new language and a few other things.

Work is busy as anything which also takes a lot of my time.

At least when I look back on 2020 I will feel I have achieved a few things both personally and professionally.
Getting through lockdown on 20:30 - Sep 21 with 937 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting through lockdown on 20:14 - Sep 21 by Ace_High1

Focus on learning something new or improving a skill.

For me the year is going to be write off in terms of these measures so I am having golf lessons and playing every week - this is one sport that it is perfectly safe to play out in the fresh air, no need to go inside at all.

Also learning a new language and a few other things.

Work is busy as anything which also takes a lot of my time.

At least when I look back on 2020 I will feel I have achieved a few things both personally and professionally.

Golf is a decent idea as you can do that in your own garden with a net and practice driving etc.

If you're a fan of Maisie Williams or her GOT character Arya then Two Weeks To Live is a decent little series on Sky. A few parallels with Arya.

When we had the proper no sport lockdown I got into watching travel videos. Even things like airline reviews just helped me escape and made the walls feel like they were closing in a little less.

I think live sport continuing is an absolute must if it can be done safely.

Kindle unlimited is well worth £7.99 a month.

Vikings is brilliant on Amazon Prime.

If you've never seen GOT then it's well worth a watch. The final episode has really taken so much shine off a truly unbelievable show but it still has the best two hours of tv i've ever watched.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Getting through lockdown on 21:59 - Sep 21 with 769 viewsFunge

Getting through lockdown on 20:30 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

Golf is a decent idea as you can do that in your own garden with a net and practice driving etc.

If you're a fan of Maisie Williams or her GOT character Arya then Two Weeks To Live is a decent little series on Sky. A few parallels with Arya.

When we had the proper no sport lockdown I got into watching travel videos. Even things like airline reviews just helped me escape and made the walls feel like they were closing in a little less.

If you've never seen GOT then it's well worth a watch. The final episode has really taken so much shine off a truly unbelievable show but it still has the best two hours of tv i've ever watched.

The last episode of GoT is such a totally overwhelming disappointment, so enormous, by virtue of the fact that it suffixes one of the great TV drama epics.

I'm with you though, there are moments in there that are just superbly well acted and produced. Overall GoT is a great watch; I wonder if there's a directors cut somewhere, where the ending isn't total sh1t?

Succession is ace, watch that if possible.
Getting through lockdown on 22:07 - Sep 21 with 742 viewsstringy

wading through a bunch of 1000 piece Tintin jigsaws and a rediscovery of my vinyl collection has been a lot of fun in such dark days
Getting through lockdown on 22:37 - Sep 21 with 701 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Go fishing.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Getting through lockdown on 22:54 - Sep 21 with 662 viewspointofblue

Getting through lockdown on 20:30 - Sep 21 by J2BLUE

I keep seeing the trailers for Two Weeks To Live but thought it was on Netflix - if it’s on Sky I might see if I can check it out. Thanks for that!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024