Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months 13:05 - Sep 22 with 4747 viewsElderGrizzly

As it stands, means no football in person until March 2021

[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 13:17]
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 2809 viewsITFC_Forever

That’s going to hurt a lot of clubs.

What does it mean for the non-league clubs below the level where they are allowed spectators in?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:07 - Sep 22 with 2802 viewsThe_Major

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:08 - Sep 22 with 2779 viewsReuser_is_God

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:06 - Sep 22 by ITFC_Forever

What does it mean for the non-league clubs below the level where they are allowed spectators in?

Saw a clip of O'Hara speaking about Billericay on TS yesterday & he was saying if they don't get crowds in ASAP they, & most other clubs at that level, are fcuked.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:10 - Sep 22 with 2759 viewsStokieBlue

Didn't he say "possibly for 6 months"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:10 - Sep 22 with 2763 viewsElderGrizzly

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:10 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

He said assume 6 months unless anything changes significantly

Edit: enjoy the last bit 😳

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:11 - Sep 22 with 2759 viewsBloomBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:08 - Sep 22 by Reuser_is_God

Saw a clip of O'Hara speaking about Billericay on TS yesterday & he was saying if they don't get crowds in ASAP they, & most other clubs at that level, are fcuked.

I think it was the Chairman of Dover Athletic on BBC this morning saying if the news today is they cannot get fans in then they will also have to closedown
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:25 - Sep 22 with 2666 viewsIllinoisblue

How does the UK compare to Europe? For a while Italy was the hotbed of infection, have they managed to get their s5it together? If so, why is the UK such a disaster?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:27 - Sep 22 with 2635 viewsKieran_Knows

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:25 - Sep 22 by Illinoisblue

How does the UK compare to Europe? For a while Italy was the hotbed of infection, have they managed to get their s5it together? If so, why is the UK such a disaster?

... because we're run by a bunch of clueless fcuking idiots.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:28 - Sep 22 with 2627 viewsAce_High1

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:27 - Sep 22 by Kieran_Knows

A bunch of idiots running a wider population of idiots!
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:28 - Sep 22 with 2617 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:28 - Sep 22 by Ace_High1

A bunch of idiots running a wider population of idiots!

You have such a low opinion of yourself.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:29 - Sep 22 with 2617 viewsStokieBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:10 - Sep 22 by ElderGrizzly

He said assume 6 months unless anything changes significantly

Edit: enjoy the last bit 😳

Is that particularly unusual though?

The military have been used in many countries including similar countries such as France, Spain and Italy.

Obviously not what we want to see but I am surprised their manpower hasn't been used in some form to assist the testing efforts.

SB

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:29 - Sep 22 with 2619 viewsSarge

France, Italy & Germany have all managed to get fans into grounds. Pretty sure I saw it in Scotland too. Fans won’t be kept out for that long, it’s a complete lack of common sense bearing in mind all of the far riskier activities that we are allowed to do. We’ll be back by January, maybe sooner if, god forbid, something terrible were to happen to Downing Street. I’m sure we all have our fingers crossed.
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:30 - Sep 22 with 2607 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:08 - Sep 22 by Reuser_is_God

Are players at the level paid a wage, alongside other jobs?

Now is the time for players (at all levels) to step forward and see the bigger picture.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:30 - Sep 22 with 2611 viewsStokieBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:29 - Sep 22 by Sarge

France, Italy & Germany have all managed to get fans into grounds. Pretty sure I saw it in Scotland too. Fans won’t be kept out for that long, it’s a complete lack of common sense bearing in mind all of the far riskier activities that we are allowed to do. We’ll be back by January, maybe sooner if, god forbid, something terrible were to happen to Downing Street. I’m sure we all have our fingers crossed.

That the same France with over 10,000 cases per day and quickly rising hospitalisations?

SB

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:32 - Sep 22 with 2596 viewsStokieBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:30 - Sep 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are players at the level paid a wage, alongside other jobs?

Now is the time for players (at all levels) to step forward and see the bigger picture.

The premier league clubs could easily prop the rest up instead of spending 220m on players like Chelsea have.

Instead we have the likes of Crystal Palace doing exactly the opposite and trying to prey on the situation with lowball bids for players in lower divisions who don't have the consistent income the PL still enjoys.

SB

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:38 - Sep 22 with 2528 viewsParisBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:06 - Sep 22 by ITFC_Forever

It's already happening for Merthyr and Guernsey albeit other factors (local lockdown and cancellation of flights to Gatwick) enabling them to agree to suspend the 2020/21 season so they can retain their place on the pyramid in 12 months time

The Merthyr statement says that they would have been bankrupt by November. They won't be alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237552

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 2501 viewsSwansea_Blue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:27 - Sep 22 by Kieran_Knows

Shouldn’t this be on the football board?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:42 - Sep 22 with 2498 viewsElderGrizzly

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:29 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Is that particularly unusual though?

The military have been used in many countries including similar countries such as France, Spain and Italy.

Obviously not what we want to see but I am surprised their manpower hasn't been used in some form to assist the testing efforts.

SB

The military were running the testing site I went to, so they definitely are involved.

The way he said it sounded more sinister, than a little bit of help for the Police.
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:43 - Sep 22 with 2470 views26_Paz

No way people will do all this for 6 months.

The Paz Man

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:44 - Sep 22 with 2459 viewsElderGrizzly

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:43 - Sep 22 by 26_Paz

No way people will do all this for 6 months.

I guess the selfish won't, I agree.
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:47 - Sep 22 with 2445 viewsStokieBlue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:44 - Sep 22 by ElderGrizzly

I guess the selfish won't, I agree.

I think you've just seen an example of why he said the military might be needed to assist the police.

SB

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:47 - Sep 22 with 2442 viewsLankHenners

Basically the people at the top of the table need to decide whether to look after the pyramid or themselves. Unfortunately can predict which one they'll go for.

The other sport-related bit of interest in there was extending the 'rule of six' to all indoor team sports. Seems a bit pointless in one sense as most team sports require more than 6 people so they're essentially being told they can't go ahead, which will have an effect on sports/leisure centres. Already seen heads/representatives of various sporting bodies scrambling to work out if their sport applies and if there's a way to continue without infringing the rule.

Interestingly I found out the other day that the sports centre near me was already not allowing team sports inside unless the sport was organised under an official body, e.g. the local football team. Wonder if others will have a similar plan (if allowed) so they actually have some paying customers.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:49 - Sep 22 with 2426 viewsbraveblue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:42 - Sep 22 by ElderGrizzly

The military were running the testing site I went to, so they definitely are involved.

The way he said it sounded more sinister, than a little bit of help for the Police.

Hope so. They won’t mess about and maybe people will obey.
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:50 - Sep 22 with 2413 viewsbraveblue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:25 - Sep 22 by Illinoisblue

We are in a much better position. Much greater testing, less infections.
New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:52 - Sep 22 with 2383 viewsEly_Blue

New Covid restrictions in place for 6 months on 13:10 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

He did indeed, another example of the press twisting words

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024