Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 months without fans? 13:42 - Sep 22 with 2771 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Any one else thinking some clubs in this league could want to end or postpone season without fans?
6 months without fans? on 13:45 - Sep 22 with 2381 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, I’m thinking it. That’s where we were at the back end of last season. Has anything changed with regards to finances to make this any different?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

6 months without fans? on 13:56 - Sep 22 with 2311 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

6 months without fans? on 13:45 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, I’m thinking it. That’s where we were at the back end of last season. Has anything changed with regards to finances to make this any different?

Can't be stopping a season after 2 matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

6 months without fans? on 14:01 - Sep 22 with 2287 viewspointofblue

6 months without fans? on 13:45 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

Tests aren’t mandatory; the cost of the tests was one reason clubs wanted to finish early. With Premier League and government support, akin to what they gave the arts sector, clubs may just be able to get through it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

6 months without fans? on 14:02 - Sep 22 with 2281 viewsitfcjoe

There definitely will be, it's a major worry

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

6 months without fans? on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2280 viewsSomethingBlue

They will and that is why something needs to be done very quickly. I have little faith that it will.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

6 months without fans? on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2281 viewsReuser_is_God

Curtail the season, we go up on PPG.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

6 months without fans? on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 2282 viewsabracaDOBRA_

6 months without fans? on 14:01 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Tests aren’t mandatory; the cost of the tests was one reason clubs wanted to finish early. With Premier League and government support, akin to what they gave the arts sector, clubs may just be able to get through it.

It really is depressing though isn't it. So many clubs will go under.

Had a friend that went to the Brighton test event a few weeks back. Said it was safer than going to the shops/pubs etc. Didn't come into contact with one person.
6 months without fans? on 14:04 - Sep 22 with 2263 viewsabracaDOBRA_

6 months without fans? on 14:02 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

There definitely will be, it's a major worry

When Joe says its a worry, its definitely a worry.
Login to get fewer ads

6 months without fans? on 14:05 - Sep 22 with 2255 viewsSwansea_Blue

6 months without fans? on 13:56 - Sep 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can't be stopping a season after 2 matches.

I’d settle for points per game final table now!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

6 months without fans? on 14:07 - Sep 22 with 2242 viewsReuser_is_God

6 months without fans? on 14:03 - Sep 22 by abracaDOBRA_

It really is depressing though isn't it. So many clubs will go under.

Had a friend that went to the Brighton test event a few weeks back. Said it was safer than going to the shops/pubs etc. Didn't come into contact with one person.

That's because in Aldi you've got 15 Romanians all going in for 1 packet of biscuits.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

6 months without fans? on 14:09 - Sep 22 with 2222 viewsJ2BLUE

We need the government or the Prem to step in.

I think if league one/two is in jeopardy the FA need to allow teams who want to play to play on. We can't keep bowing to the smaller clubs. Let us, Sunderland, Peterborough, Charlton, Oxford, Portsmouth and Hull battle for the three promotion spots. If other clubs opt out that's on them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:09 - Sep 22 with 2218 viewsBloots

....although I expect the Premier League will find a way round it and look after their own.

The EFL however will bend over and take it right up the crapper like they usually do.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:20 - Sep 22 with 2151 viewsabracaDOBRA_

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:09 - Sep 22 by Bloots

....although I expect the Premier League will find a way round it and look after their own.

The EFL however will bend over and take it right up the crapper like they usually do.

Indeed. When you've got spurs paying Bale 200k a week and Macclesfield going bust needing 500k to survive you know the games gone.
It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:31 - Sep 22 with 2096 viewsnoggin

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:20 - Sep 22 by abracaDOBRA_

Indeed. When you've got spurs paying Bale 200k a week and Macclesfield going bust needing 500k to survive you know the games gone.

Yet here we all are, dreaming of getting to the promised land. Fvck modern football.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:35 - Sep 22 with 2074 viewsTerry_Nutkins

When you put it like that it is an absolutely shocking structure. Bales full wages are 600k. One week of Bale is the future (or lack of) an entire football club.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:35 - Sep 22 with 2076 viewsitfcjoe

Macclesfield are going bust because they have an incredibly dodgy owner - you can't just give him money and he won't cede control of the club.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

6 months without fans? on 14:36 - Sep 22 with 2062 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This season definitely has big question marks over it. If some of the league make that decision I wonder whether a small league could still go ahead? I.e. those that can afford it...

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:37 - Sep 22 with 2055 viewsabracaDOBRA_

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:35 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

Macclesfield are going bust because they have an incredibly dodgy owner - you can't just give him money and he won't cede control of the club.

Didn't know too much about what went wrong there tbf, but it is more the numbers that are the worrying thing. Plenty of other examples out there. Wigan could be the next one by the sounds of things
6 months without fans? on 14:38 - Sep 22 with 2043 viewsBrixtonBlue

6 months without fans? on 14:09 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

We need the government or the Prem to step in.

I think if league one/two is in jeopardy the FA need to allow teams who want to play to play on. We can't keep bowing to the smaller clubs. Let us, Sunderland, Peterborough, Charlton, Oxford, Portsmouth and Hull battle for the three promotion spots. If other clubs opt out that's on them.

Harsh but fair.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

6 months without fans? on 14:45 - Sep 22 with 2011 viewsITFC_96

How would postponing or ending the season early help anything? They are going to have no (little) income either way, so they would have no benefit. If anything, they will be making some money with online ticket sales.
6 months without fans? on 15:02 - Sep 22 with 1959 viewsPrideOfTheEast

But they'd still have major costs?

There's presumably a major risk that clubs would go bust which could have a similar impact.
It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 15:02 - Sep 22 with 1954 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:37 - Sep 22 by abracaDOBRA_

Didn't know too much about what went wrong there tbf, but it is more the numbers that are the worrying thing. Plenty of other examples out there. Wigan could be the next one by the sounds of things

Again, I don't think Wigan's woes are a result of Covid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 15:03 - Sep 22 with 1946 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:35 - Sep 22 by Terry_Nutkins

When you put it like that it is an absolutely shocking structure. Bales full wages are 600k. One week of Bale is the future (or lack of) an entire football club.

Footballers won't give up ANY money.

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 15:04 - Sep 22 with 1938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 14:31 - Sep 22 by noggin

Yet here we all are, dreaming of getting to the promised land. Fvck modern football.

As it stands, all promotion to the Champ offers us is the opportunity to lose more money each season.

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 15:06 - Sep 22 with 1927 viewsabracaDOBRA_

It seems the inevitable conclusion.... on 15:02 - Sep 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Again, I don't think Wigan's woes are a result of Covid.

Was talking about the state of the game money wise rather than covid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024