Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those that follow the opposition in this league 15:51 - Sep 22 with 886 viewsBluefish

Which teams have a better midfield than either of these 2?

Downes Dozzell Bishop

Nolan Skuse Huws

We also have El Mizouni and possibly Judge that could get in many teams but I think we have possibly the best 2 midfield 3s in the league.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 15:59 - Sep 22 with 850 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but which teams have a better manager than us?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 16:03 - Sep 22 with 832 viewsSomethingBlue

Peterborough's is very good, particularly Taylor and Szmodics, and think Oxford's stands up well when they're at full strength. Sunderland have a decent mix too. But broadly I agree we have the best depth by far, even if it's perhaps a toss-up with some of the previous in terms of best starters.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 16:08 - Sep 22 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

In terms of 'better' meaning being able to contribute to better results, about 10 teams last year.

We have a quality selection of individuals for this league, no getting away from it. Makes Lambert's failings all the worse last year. Oh well, new season, new start...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 16:08 - Sep 22 with 806 viewsPinewoodblue

But which of the two would you prefer to see play for Town..Homegrown or older heads?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:09 - Sep 22 with 803 viewsBloots

....and obviously I know pretty much everything there is about football.

Personally I think our top 3 is Downes, Dozzell, Nolan. I think they compliment each other better.

Bish is a close 4th.

Huws has generally been a disappointment and Skuse has had his day.

So I'd say we have 4, plus 2.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 16:46 - Sep 22 with 714 viewsBluefish

Those that follow the opposition in this league on 16:08 - Sep 22 by Pinewoodblue

But which of the two would you prefer to see play for Town..Homegrown or older heads?

The top one now definitely. Coming down to L1 was supposed to be about resetting and building. The others then fill in as and when required for fitness or as subs

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:47 - Sep 22 with 712 viewsPinewoodblue

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:09 - Sep 22 by Bloots

Personally I think our top 3 is Downes, Dozzell, Nolan. I think they compliment each other better.

Bish is a close 4th.

Concrete and Clay
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TDMyy66qTDExYPQSTM7PSy5KLUlVSMx

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:47 - Sep 22 with 708 viewsBluefish

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:09 - Sep 22 by Bloots

Bish is a close 4th.

It isnt necessarily about the best 3 though. Bish is the ball carrier and we badly lack ball carriers across the team, the next one is probably kvy and he is an injured full back. We have seen time and time again that a tidy midfield doesn't win games

Login to get fewer ads

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 17:19 - Sep 22 with 624 viewsuefacup81

None that immediately spring to mind..... on 16:47 - Sep 22 by Bluefish

It isnt necessarily about the best 3 though. Bish is the ball carrier and we badly lack ball carriers across the team, the next one is probably kvy and he is an injured full back. We have seen time and time again that a tidy midfield doesn't win games

I think that sums it up perfectly. It's not about individual quality, rather how the 3/4/5 players in midfield work together.

Case in point - Lampard & Gerrard for England.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024