Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) 16:03 - Sep 22 with 3129 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 3115 viewsJakeITFC

Bit of a shame because he probably is ready to be involved here, but given the choice of being 6th choice midfield option v playing regularly at Cambridge, the loan makes more sense.
Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:06 - Sep 22 with 3109 viewsBloots

....ideally he could have stayed but it's obvious that he's going to get limited time here.

Far better to be playing real competitive football for a team (that is local and he knows) than U23 footy here plus the odd sub appearance.

He'll come back better.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:09 - Sep 22 with 3065 viewsJ2BLUE

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:06 - Sep 22 by Bloots

....ideally he could have stayed but it's obvious that he's going to get limited time here.

Far better to be playing real competitive football for a team (that is local and he knows) than U23 footy here plus the odd sub appearance.

He'll come back better.

Am I right in thinking youth loans like that can still play in youth games for their parent club?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 3066 viewsPinewoodblue

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:06 - Sep 22 by Bloots

He'll come back better.

Should benefit everyone, player, and both teams.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 3052 viewsWickets

Yes has got to be a good move all round .
El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:12 - Sep 22 with 3028 viewsSitfcB

Cambridge fans buzzing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:15 - Sep 22 with 3004 viewsWallingford_Boy

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:09 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Am I right in thinking youth loans like that can still play in youth games for their parent club?

Think teenagers who may want to play in the FA youth cup can, but not sure El Miz would play 1st team football for Cambridge and then play U23 stuff for us midweek.

Imagine he will be exclusively theirs for the season.

RIP Sir Bobby

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:16 - Sep 22 with 2983 viewsDarth_Koont

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:10 - Sep 22 by Wickets

Yes has got to be a good move all round .

Probably making the best of a bad situation - ordinarily he would be here challenging but there are a few senior players who are blocking his path.

Hopefully that means Dobra stays and can be involved.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:16 - Sep 22 with 2984 viewsitfcjoe

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:05 - Sep 22 by JakeITFC

Bit of a shame because he probably is ready to be involved here, but given the choice of being 6th choice midfield option v playing regularly at Cambridge, the loan makes more sense.

I think he's the one I'd have kept as can cover any of the CM roles (although may have been a bit shaky at DM) and either of the wide roles, plus as a 10 in a 4231.

Think he'd have ended up getting lots of games - but just needs to go and rip it up at Cambridge which I'm sure he will

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:17 - Sep 22 with 2980 viewsJ2BLUE

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:15 - Sep 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Think teenagers who may want to play in the FA youth cup can, but not sure El Miz would play 1st team football for Cambridge and then play U23 stuff for us midweek.

No, I just meant that if he went there and didn't play we could still play him in youth games. I think.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:18 - Sep 22 with 2961 viewsitfcjoe

Seemed inevitable really.... on 16:15 - Sep 22 by Wallingford_Boy

It's more if he isn't playing for them he can play U23s for us as they won't have an U23 or reserve side as not a Cat 1 or 2 academy

Hopefully that won't be the case

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:18 - Sep 22 with 2963 viewsHerbivore

Mixed feelings on this. I think the kid looks a serious talent and I'd like to have seen him getting some game time here, even if from the bench. On the other hand, if Lambert isn't going to use him then it's better for him to be playing competitive football somewhere than stagnating in our under 23 side.

My worry is though that if Bishop gets injured, our midfield options start to look a bit one-paced. Lots of tidy footballers, a couple that offer a bit of bite and some tempo, but nobody who can really move with the ball and break the lines. Bishop does it well, El Miz can do it. If both of them aren't available it leaves us a bit short of dynamism in that central area.

Let's hope he tears it up and there's a break clause in January so we can bring him back if needed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There is a January recall option. (n/t) on 16:20 - Sep 22 with 2922 viewsBloots

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:18 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Mixed feelings on this. I think the kid looks a serious talent and I'd like to have seen him getting some game time here, even if from the bench. On the other hand, if Lambert isn't going to use him then it's better for him to be playing competitive football somewhere than stagnating in our under 23 side.

My worry is though that if Bishop gets injured, our midfield options start to look a bit one-paced. Lots of tidy footballers, a couple that offer a bit of bite and some tempo, but nobody who can really move with the ball and break the lines. Bishop does it well, El Miz can do it. If both of them aren't available it leaves us a bit short of dynamism in that central area.

Let's hope he tears it up and there's a break clause in January so we can bring him back if needed.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:30 - Sep 22 with 2814 viewsMatt_Netherlands

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:12 - Sep 22 by SitfcB

Cambridge fans buzzing.

Got to be a good sign, given they saw him a fair bit last season. Hope PRP has told him to go away, play some games and give him no choice but to recall him and stick him in the team here from January... assuming real life is like FM.
El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:34 - Sep 22 with 2798 viewsSomethingBlue

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:18 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Pretty much this. Midfield looks a good area for us *as things stand* and there just isn't a starting place for him so best to let him go and play a proper run of games. Ideally we can reassess in January because he's clearly got something.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:42 - Sep 22 with 2757 viewshoppy

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:34 - Sep 22 by SomethingBlue

Pretty much this. Midfield looks a good area for us *as things stand* and there just isn't a starting place for him so best to let him go and play a proper run of games. Ideally we can reassess in January because he's clearly got something.

...agree with this and hopefully we've heard the last of Downes moving on as well. If he goes, I'd have liked El Miz here to be challenging.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:47 - Sep 22 with 2730 viewsSomethingBlue

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:42 - Sep 22 by hoppy

...agree with this and hopefully we've heard the last of Downes moving on as well. If he goes, I'd have liked El Miz here to be challenging.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Downes is still at Town a month from now — but I've been wrong before!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 16:49 - Sep 22 with 2711 viewsBluefish

Completely this

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

El Mizouni gone to Cambridge for the season (n/t) on 17:04 - Sep 22 with 2638 viewsMullet

I'd rather this than he rots in the shadows for a prolonged period of time. Plus if it helps him and us next season when we might be sans Downes and even Dozzell then it's going to benefit us isn't it?

I'd like to see him show he can run games at level, it may well develop him more.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024