Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 137969 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 17:11 - Oct 14 with 1960 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:04 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, this is rather tenuous

I mean, look at the clowns involved. Giuliani and Bannon? Jesus wept.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 17:24 - Oct 14 with 1950 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 17:11 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I mean, look at the clowns involved. Giuliani and Bannon? Jesus wept.

1 arrested and charged, 1 about to be after the election.
US election megathread on 17:29 - Oct 14 with 1948 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:24 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

1 arrested and charged, 1 about to be after the election.

It's just laughably desperate. The chuds will lap it up and regurgitate it for years to come, and everyone else will wonder what they are going on about as they've forgotten all about it.

US election megathread on 17:38 - Oct 14 with 1939 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 17:29 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

It's just laughably desperate. The chuds will lap it up and regurgitate it for years to come, and everyone else will wonder what they are going on about as they've forgotten all about it.

Trump has his next infection spreading event tonight with his NBC Town Hall.

I wonder how long it takes for the planted Hunter Biden question to be raised?
US election megathread on 17:39 - Oct 14 with 1937 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:38 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

Trump has his next infection spreading event tonight with his NBC Town Hall.

I wonder how long it takes for the planted Hunter Biden question to be raised?

"So Mr President, I really love you but I am an undecided voter. Do you agree that Joe Biden is evil and corrupt and isn't fit to lick your boots?"

He'd still manage to fook up that answer.

I see Biden's town hall is on at the same time. I'll be watching that. A couple of hours on Biden's policies without Trump's verbal squits flowing over everything sounds alright. Trump will be devastated if he loses in the ratings
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:41]

US election megathread on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 1929 viewsSpruceMoose

In other news, the President who has apparently done more for Black people than any other President has had to have a network of fake Twitter accounts pretending to be Black voters created. Bigly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/13/twitter-suspends-accounts-for-po

US election megathread on 17:50 - Oct 14 with 1927 viewsMookamoo

US election megathread on 17:39 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

"So Mr President, I really love you but I am an undecided voter. Do you agree that Joe Biden is evil and corrupt and isn't fit to lick your boots?"

He'd still manage to fook up that answer.

I see Biden's town hall is on at the same time. I'll be watching that. A couple of hours on Biden's policies without Trump's verbal squits flowing over everything sounds alright. Trump will be devastated if he loses in the ratings
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:41]

So is it NBC and Fox vs ABC? Seems a little daft to have them on at the same time - was that Biden's doing?

Is this when we get see what Trump has planned for the October Surprise? I expect a nice new catchy mnemonic to replace Lock Her Up.
US election megathread on 17:55 - Oct 14 with 1920 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:50 - Oct 14 by Mookamoo

So is it NBC and Fox vs ABC? Seems a little daft to have them on at the same time - was that Biden's doing?

Is this when we get see what Trump has planned for the October Surprise? I expect a nice new catchy mnemonic to replace Lock Her Up.

Biden's has been scheduled for a while now. Trump has spent the last four years calling NBC a fake illegitimate news agency and yet here they are helping him undermine Biden's event for the ratings.

This is what I mean when I say the media is not an ally to those of us on the left, they don't have the same end goals as us, and they were never going to be the ones to save us.

Expect Trump to be touting these fake Hunter Biden emails tonight and expect nobody other than the 'but both sides' media and existing Trump supporters to care.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:56]

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 18:22 - Oct 14 with 1897 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 17:55 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

Biden's has been scheduled for a while now. Trump has spent the last four years calling NBC a fake illegitimate news agency and yet here they are helping him undermine Biden's event for the ratings.

This is what I mean when I say the media is not an ally to those of us on the left, they don't have the same end goals as us, and they were never going to be the ones to save us.

Expect Trump to be touting these fake Hunter Biden emails tonight and expect nobody other than the 'but both sides' media and existing Trump supporters to care.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:56]

Also this story explains why there is so much noise over Hunter Biden today. One of Trump’s biggest conspiracy theories has blown up in his face

US election megathread on 18:24 - Oct 14 with 1896 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 18:22 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

Also this story explains why there is so much noise over Hunter Biden today. One of Trump’s biggest conspiracy theories has blown up in his face

Womp womp. Daddy Trump is in a bad mood with Billy 'Droopy D' Barr for not making up the result he wanted. Clearly Barr's love for Trump doesn't extend as far as fabricating every single scrap of evidence.

US election megathread on 19:19 - Oct 14 with 1877 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 18:24 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

Womp womp. Daddy Trump is in a bad mood with Billy 'Droopy D' Barr for not making up the result he wanted. Clearly Barr's love for Trump doesn't extend as far as fabricating every single scrap of evidence.

Daddy is more upset that I thought! Barr might be getting the boot

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-william-barr/2020/10/14/id/991932/

US election megathread on 20:10 - Oct 14 with 1859 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 19:19 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

Daddy is more upset that I thought! Barr might be getting the boot

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-william-barr/2020/10/14/id/991932/

The right wing press are getting upset that Twitter isn’t letting them tweet lies

US election megathread on 20:13 - Oct 14 with 1857 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 20:10 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

The right wing press are getting upset that Twitter isn’t letting them tweet lies

The idea that Twitter and Facebook are somehow working to help Democrats is some funny shiz!

Fooking idiots.

Sean Davis and his rag can get in the sea.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:16]

US election megathread on 12:37 - Oct 15 with 1728 viewsSpruceMoose

That last line! What an inspiring reason to vote for him!

You can almost taste the desperation.

US election megathread on 12:50 - Oct 15 with 1721 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 12:52 - Oct 15 with 1718 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 12:50 - Oct 15 by tractordownsouth

No shît.

The story is ridiculous, and some of the emails look like Giuliani knocked them up in Microsoft Paint.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:55]

US election megathread on 12:54 - Oct 15 with 1712 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 12:52 - Oct 15 by SpruceMoose

No shît.

The story is ridiculous, and some of the emails look like Giuliani knocked them up in Microsoft Paint.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:55]

The amount of typos in them gave it away.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 12:55 - Oct 15 with 1711 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 12:54 - Oct 15 by tractordownsouth

The amount of typos in them gave it away.

And the bourbon stains.

US election megathread on 14:37 - Oct 15 with 1674 viewsHARRY10

"To win, all Joe Biden needs is +1D in every state. Today you’ll mostly see numbers like +7D, +8D, +9D and higher still. That’s consistent with the national polls showing him up by 10 points – a +8D over Hillary Clinton’s two-point victory in 2016."

The link below shows that it once 'leaning to Trump' states have now shifted through marginal either way to leads for Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/presidential-polls-trump-biden

North Carolina - now 4 points ahead for Biden, 15 seats

Minnesota -- now 10 points ahead for Biden, 10 seats

Florida - - now 4 points ahead for Biden, 29 seats

These are states Trump has to win, just to finish 40 or so seats behind. The polls reflect the average over the past 14 days, and more recent polls suggest a bigger gap in favour of Biden

It really is now a case of by how many will Biden win by
US election megathread on 15:26 - Oct 15 with 1644 viewslowhouseblue

US election megathread on 14:37 - Oct 15 by HARRY10

"To win, all Joe Biden needs is +1D in every state. Today you’ll mostly see numbers like +7D, +8D, +9D and higher still. That’s consistent with the national polls showing him up by 10 points – a +8D over Hillary Clinton’s two-point victory in 2016."

The link below shows that it once 'leaning to Trump' states have now shifted through marginal either way to leads for Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/presidential-polls-trump-biden

North Carolina - now 4 points ahead for Biden, 15 seats

Minnesota -- now 10 points ahead for Biden, 10 seats

Florida - - now 4 points ahead for Biden, 29 seats

These are states Trump has to win, just to finish 40 or so seats behind. The polls reflect the average over the past 14 days, and more recent polls suggest a bigger gap in favour of Biden

It really is now a case of by how many will Biden win by

only two and a half weeks to go. let there be no f*ck ups.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US election megathread on 15:31 - Oct 15 with 1641 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 15:26 - Oct 15 by lowhouseblue

only two and a half weeks to go. let there be no f*ck ups.

I have a fine bottle of something I bought the day Trump took office. I've been waiting for the day he gets the boot to bust it open in celebration. Here's hoping that's in 2020...

US election megathread on 15:36 - Oct 15 with 1631 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump can't even keep Murdoch/Fox News on side.

US election megathread on 15:52 - Oct 15 with 1622 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 15:31 - Oct 15 by SpruceMoose

I have a fine bottle of something I bought the day Trump took office. I've been waiting for the day he gets the boot to bust it open in celebration. Here's hoping that's in 2020...

I would hold fire until January when Biden is inaugurated

However it might be an idea to put aside a tipple or two for when the inevitable trial starts - when this odious crook begins the long path of revelation as to what he has been up to

The future is bright.... the future is orange
US election megathread on 15:54 - Oct 15 with 1621 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 15:52 - Oct 15 by HARRY10

I would hold fire until January when Biden is inaugurated

However it might be an idea to put aside a tipple or two for when the inevitable trial starts - when this odious crook begins the long path of revelation as to what he has been up to

The future is bright.... the future is orange

I'll open it when the result comes in, and then buy another for inauguration day. If Biden's inauguration day never comes... well, I plan on being permanently pished for the next four years.

US election megathread on 17:00 - Oct 15 with 1580 viewsSpruceMoose

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024