Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138172 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 17:09 - Oct 15 with 1841 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 15:26 - Oct 15 by lowhouseblue

only two and a half weeks to go. let there be no f*ck ups.

two and a half months ago the concern was that Biden's lead might not be enough

yet here we are, two and a half weeks to go and that lead has increased even further

I can only hope to it carries on along that path, so we can have no 'stab in the back' nonsense from Trump or his followers

that the message is clear - the US wants rid of this idiotic shyster
US election megathread on 17:23 - Oct 15 with 1825 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:09 - Oct 15 by HARRY10

two and a half months ago the concern was that Biden's lead might not be enough

yet here we are, two and a half weeks to go and that lead has increased even further

I can only hope to it carries on along that path, so we can have no 'stab in the back' nonsense from Trump or his followers

that the message is clear - the US wants rid of this idiotic shyster

Well, nearly two thirds of us do. It's that other third we need to be worried about going forwards though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 19:52 - Oct 15 with 1770 viewsSpruceMoose

Somebody needs to take away Trump's phone!

What's he doing retweeting this?!

US election megathread on 20:14 - Oct 15 with 1762 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 19:52 - Oct 15 by SpruceMoose

Somebody needs to take away Trump's phone!

What's he doing retweeting this?!

Even Murdoch has given up on him

Whoops - had’t seen you’d spotted Murdoch bailing

Then there is this

[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 20:17]
US election megathread on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 1745 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 20:14 - Oct 15 by ElderGrizzly

Even Murdoch has given up on him

Whoops - had’t seen you’d spotted Murdoch bailing

Then there is this

[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 20:17]

Oh dear Don.

US election megathread on 20:47 - Oct 15 with 1732 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 20:23 - Oct 15 by ElderGrizzly

Oh dear Don.

let's hope no one adds a couple of fangs to Rudy's photo

as the Dracula image would then be complete
US election megathread on 02:45 - Oct 16 with 1655 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 03:44 - Oct 16 with 1645 viewsSpruceMoose

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 03:47 - Oct 16 with 1643 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm still lolling about the MonkeyAlan downvote for this thread. Just imagine!

US election megathread on 07:57 - Oct 16 with 1595 viewslowhouseblue

so trump now refuses to condemn Qanon. i know that his only strategy is to dog whistle to his base, but the majority of base aren't that mad.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US election megathread on 08:01 - Oct 16 with 1593 viewsMercian

US election megathread on 07:57 - Oct 16 by lowhouseblue

so trump now refuses to condemn Qanon. i know that his only strategy is to dog whistle to his base, but the majority of base aren't that mad.

Don't you believe it. Check out the site Right Wing Watch to see how mad his base are. https://www.google.com/search?q=right+wing+watch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
US election megathread on 08:06 - Oct 16 with 1591 viewsDanTheMan

US election megathread on 07:57 - Oct 16 by lowhouseblue

Amusingly saying he knows nothing about it, before saying they are against pedophiles.

That's the Qanon that gained it's most traction on 8chan which had boards geared towards child rape.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

US election megathread on 11:33 - Oct 16 with 1509 viewstractordownsouth

Trump's campaign will be regretting pulling out of the debate this morning.

Trump thrives in the cut and thrust of debate where he can disrupt the flow of the discussion, but last night showed Biden's strengths interacting with the public, and staying behind for longer than necessary to do so.

Whereas in the debates, Trump was able to try and pull Biden into the dirt with him, the separate events emphasised the contrast between them. Big win for Biden.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 12:42 - Oct 16 with 1472 viewsMookamoo

US election megathread on 11:33 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

Trump's campaign will be regretting pulling out of the debate this morning.

Trump thrives in the cut and thrust of debate where he can disrupt the flow of the discussion, but last night showed Biden's strengths interacting with the public, and staying behind for longer than necessary to do so.

Whereas in the debates, Trump was able to try and pull Biden into the dirt with him, the separate events emphasised the contrast between them. Big win for Biden.

Trump's odds do seem to have slipped a bit this morning.

Not sure it was a total win. Biden is in danger of the Supreme Court numbers becoming the single issue to galvanise the right. If the moderate Republicans have been putting up with the Trump antics in order to finally get RBG's seat, they could now turn out to protect that gain.
US election megathread on 13:53 - Oct 16 with 1448 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 12:42 - Oct 16 by Mookamoo

Trump's odds do seem to have slipped a bit this morning.

Not sure it was a total win. Biden is in danger of the Supreme Court numbers becoming the single issue to galvanise the right. If the moderate Republicans have been putting up with the Trump antics in order to finally get RBG's seat, they could now turn out to protect that gain.

It's over

I would suggest around 90% of voters have already made up their mind, what's left are mostly those who are not sure whether to stick with Trump, or not

As of today "According to FiveThirtyEight, Biden’s national polling advantage now is so large that the electoral college is not expected to come into play. While win probability isn’t about the election as much as it is about the accuracy of the polling, the site’s 40,000 simulations have Biden winning in 87 per cent of the time, most commonly by over 400 electoral votes."

The only concern is that Democrat voters might think that they don't need to vote as it is a certainty. My thought there is that we will most likely see another 1997 UK turnout, where so many wanted rid of Major and his sleazy government that voters turned out in high numbers to register their intent.

For every dimwitted redneck Trump may have over excited, he has pee'd off a heck of a lot of 'ordinary' voters.

The tumbrils are rolling, orange face.
US election megathread on 14:45 - Oct 16 with 1431 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 13:53 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

It's over

I would suggest around 90% of voters have already made up their mind, what's left are mostly those who are not sure whether to stick with Trump, or not

As of today "According to FiveThirtyEight, Biden’s national polling advantage now is so large that the electoral college is not expected to come into play. While win probability isn’t about the election as much as it is about the accuracy of the polling, the site’s 40,000 simulations have Biden winning in 87 per cent of the time, most commonly by over 400 electoral votes."

The only concern is that Democrat voters might think that they don't need to vote as it is a certainty. My thought there is that we will most likely see another 1997 UK turnout, where so many wanted rid of Major and his sleazy government that voters turned out in high numbers to register their intent.

For every dimwitted redneck Trump may have over excited, he has pee'd off a heck of a lot of 'ordinary' voters.

Point of order: 1997 turnout was actually down from 1992.

As for the point above, I agree that Biden needs to have a clear position on court packing. Last night he said he would wait until the ACB process had concluded, but would have a position before 3rd November. Hopefully that doesn't hurt him.

US election megathread on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 1411 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:45 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

As for the point above, I agree that Biden needs to have a clear position on court packing. Last night he said he would wait until the ACB process had concluded, but would have a position before 3rd November. Hopefully that doesn't hurt him.

I can see his point to be fair. Trump is desperate to get him on the record, but so far what he has said is that he's not a fan, and he's not going to respond to hypotheticals in any detail, but what the GOP does next will determine where he lands on the issue.

Personally as someone who would love to see court rebalancing I'm disappointed he's not solidly in favour, but I can see however that there's very little for Biden to gain in coming out with a decision right now and giving Trump ammo to distort.

Oh, and the court has already been packed! By the GOP! What progressives are discussing should really be referred to as rebalancing IMO.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:19]

US election megathread on 15:31 - Oct 16 with 1404 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 13:53 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

It's over

Fake News! This Tweet says so!

US election megathread on 15:44 - Oct 16 with 1394 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 14:45 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

The thought there was that Labour were so far in the lead in the polls that their vote might be affected by many thinking it was 'already in the bag'

Whereas they actually turned out in such high numbers as to give Labour the highest number of seats ever won by one party.

Which is pretty much what i suggest will happen in the US. Voters will be so fixed on ridding themselves of Trump that they will turn out - there won't be any complacency, which is feared.
US election megathread on 16:04 - Oct 16 with 1374 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 15:31 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Fake News! This Tweet says so!

42 states? Pahahaha

Good to see Kayleigh's got herself a nice big tinfoil hat

US election megathread on 16:09 - Oct 16 with 1368 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 16:04 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

42 states? Pahahaha

It's the US version of the Parrot sketch
US election megathread on 16:10 - Oct 16 with 1367 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 16:04 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

42 states? Pahahaha

What really makes me sick is that these frauds who orbit Trump have absolutely no skin in the game.

They can get up on their podium, both online and in the real world, and spout all these awful things that directly impact the health, safety and prosperity of people across the country, but when it all goes down in flames, rather than being shunned and exiled, they'll all walk into sweet media gigs and begin to rewrite history.

These people deserve to be ousted from society, blacklisted, treated as the vermin they are, not rewarded with large contracts and yet another platform to shamelessly promote themselves.

But like I said yesterday, and as proved by NBC hosting Trump's townhall at the same time as Biden's, the media is not our ally, they have a completely different set of motivations, the main one being profit at all costs. Under Trump, they've probably never had it so good in terms of clickbait and controversy.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 16:11]

US election megathread on 16:31 - Oct 16 with 1350 viewsSpruceMoose

This mayd I larf.

US election megathread on 16:32 - Oct 16 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

US election megathread on 16:10 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

What really makes me sick is that these frauds who orbit Trump have absolutely no skin in the game.

They can get up on their podium, both online and in the real world, and spout all these awful things that directly impact the health, safety and prosperity of people across the country, but when it all goes down in flames, rather than being shunned and exiled, they'll all walk into sweet media gigs and begin to rewrite history.

These people deserve to be ousted from society, blacklisted, treated as the vermin they are, not rewarded with large contracts and yet another platform to shamelessly promote themselves.

But like I said yesterday, and as proved by NBC hosting Trump's townhall at the same time as Biden's, the media is not our ally, they have a completely different set of motivations, the main one being profit at all costs. Under Trump, they've probably never had it so good in terms of clickbait and controversy.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 16:11]

I'd be careful if I was you - Trump's got "unfinished business" and a "friend in high places". Def info.

These nutcases are as mad as a box of frogs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US election megathread on 16:39 - Oct 16 with 1343 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 16:32 - Oct 16 by Swansea_Blue

I'd be careful if I was you - Trump's got "unfinished business" and a "friend in high places". Def info.

These nutcases are as mad as a box of frogs.

why's there a couple of beer pumps either side of him

does he need Courage to speak ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024