Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138260 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 2269 viewsStokieBlue

US election megathread on 15:37 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

Probably not to he honest. It would be quite the feather in Russia's hat though, to be able to parade a former US president around like a prize micropig next to Putin.

Good for them and also good for the US though?

Surely it would take away a lot of Republican support in future elections to have allowed it all to happen?

I mean they complain about pretend communists in the Democrats and then their ex-Pres actually goes over to their former-communist rivals.

It's not like the rest of the world take Trump seriously, I doubt anyone will care where he is after he's not president.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

US election megathread on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 2267 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 15:27 - Oct 22 by jeera

What with his business interests in China, surely they would welcome him with open arms.

I would expect China to welcome him with arms, but not the kind you are inferring

Give his cowardice and life of wheedling out of things (conscription) there is a case to be made for him staying and trying to 'tough it out'

.......or 'sing like a canary' as the old gangster films would have

He may not know where 'all the bodies are buried' but he will certainly know those who do, and will have no problem in telling all he knows if it helps save his skin,

So watch for legal action during the time before the inauguration.
US election megathread on 17:17 - Oct 22 with 2220 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 17:44 - Oct 22 with 2206 viewsJ2BLUE

I just thought...imagine the reactions of the hardcore Brexiteers who want to get that US trade deal signed when Biden doesn't use his first foreign leader call to phone Trump light.

The outrage when he phones Macron or Merkel before Boris will be glorious.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 17:49]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 17:47 - Oct 22 with 2200 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 17:17 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

What do these people think?

I mean, this wouldn't be out of place on some parody sketch show.

Are they being deliberately awkward and offensive, or are they honestly this f*cking stupid?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US election megathread on 17:47 - Oct 22 with 2198 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:47 - Oct 22 by jeera

What do these people think?

I mean, this wouldn't be out of place on some parody sketch show.

Are they being deliberately awkward and offensive, or are they honestly this f*cking stupid?

They probably own a Marvin Gaye record or two.

US election megathread on 20:43 - Oct 22 with 2135 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 17:47 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

They probably own a Marvin Gaye record or two.

Trump released this to make him look good. Christ...

US election megathread on 20:53 - Oct 22 with 2116 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 17:44 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I just thought...imagine the reactions of the hardcore Brexiteers who want to get that US trade deal signed when Biden doesn't use his first foreign leader call to phone Trump light.

The outrage when he phones Macron or Merkel before Boris will be glorious.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 17:49]

Didn't Trump call Leo Varadkar before he spoke to Theresa May?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 02:47 - Oct 23 with 2015 viewsBlueBadger

US election megathread on 17:06 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Don't forget that they're now claiming he's a nonce too.

It's a brilliant self-awareness failure from the people who are celebrating the president who was friends with Jeffrey Epstein, wished Ghislaine Maxwell all the best and said he'd probably shag his own daughter isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

US election megathread on 07:06 - Oct 23 with 1955 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 02:47 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

It's a brilliant self-awareness failure from the people who are celebrating the president who was friends with Jeffrey Epstein, wished Ghislaine Maxwell all the best and said he'd probably shag his own daughter isn't it?

US election megathread on 07:11 - Oct 23 with 1951 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 07:06 - Oct 23 by ElderGrizzly

Pure Love. Look for the little shove from Trump too

US election megathread on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 1823 viewsJ2BLUE

Wonder what Spruce thought of Trump calling NY "my wonderful city"...?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 12:17 - Oct 23 with 1807 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 11:37 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

Wonder what Spruce thought of Trump calling NY "my wonderful city"...?

Ha! I mean, he was born there, he had his time there, and the city outgrew him. That's all you can say really.

He doesn't help himself when he comes out with lying guff like the city is dying.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 12:18]

US election megathread on 18:45 - Oct 23 with 1713 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I haven't seen much of the debate and of course it is the American people who will choose who is right for them, but not much of a choice. I would pick my neighbours cat over Trump, but Biden doesn't exactly excite. A bit of a bumbler from what I've seen of him. Biden to win all day long, but....
US election megathread on 19:21 - Oct 23 with 1697 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 18:45 - Oct 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

I haven't seen much of the debate and of course it is the American people who will choose who is right for them, but not much of a choice. I would pick my neighbours cat over Trump, but Biden doesn't exactly excite. A bit of a bumbler from what I've seen of him. Biden to win all day long, but....

Biden will not be asked to 'take to the field' like Henry V.

His election will allow for a far more progressive management of the country, right across the board, as at least one house will be Democrat, if not both.

Trump is nothing more than a cheap grifter, as described publicly by both Ron Reagan jnr and Robert de Niro. Someone who played to the most ignorant to further his aims (himself).

Were Biden to pass away the day after inauguration, that open and progressive mindset would continue - so best focus on the intent of the Democrat party and it's supporters than a thought t hat what happens is solely the result of the will of one politician.
US election megathread on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 1689 viewsAce_High1

US election megathread on 19:21 - Oct 23 by HARRY10

His election will allow for a far more progressive management of the country, right across the board, as at least one house will be Democrat, if not both.

Trump is nothing more than a cheap grifter, as described publicly by both Ron Reagan jnr and Robert de Niro. Someone who played to the most ignorant to further his aims (himself).

Were Biden to pass away the day after inauguration, that open and progressive mindset would continue - so best focus on the intent of the Democrat party and it's supporters than a thought t hat what happens is solely the result of the will of one politician.

Surely there has to be a sensible, charismatic, level headed person in their mid 40's who can run?

Surely America has more to offer than these two who should both be slowing down and in retirement.
US election megathread on 19:30 - Oct 23 with 1680 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

The American people may be "best focus" on things, but I am not voting. Sorry, this is why I shouldn't get involved. I believe it is America and America only who should be concerned or not. I do not know why the news broadcasters in this country are so obsessed with it. Yes, they are the biggest country in the world and all that, but let American decide. Sorry again, like I say, I shouldn't have got involved. I will keep my thoughts on the subject to myself from now on.
US election megathread on 20:18 - Oct 23 with 1643 viewsblueislander

US election megathread on 19:30 - Oct 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

The American people may be "best focus" on things, but I am not voting. Sorry, this is why I shouldn't get involved. I believe it is America and America only who should be concerned or not. I do not know why the news broadcasters in this country are so obsessed with it. Yes, they are the biggest country in the world and all that, but let American decide. Sorry again, like I say, I shouldn't have got involved. I will keep my thoughts on the subject to myself from now on.

Biden currently setting out in detail how he intends to deal with the pandemic
US election megathread on 09:39 - Oct 25 with 1476 viewstractordownsouth

#FakeMelania is trending on Twitter.

US election megathread on 03:19 - Oct 26 with 1403 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey J2.

If you've got a spare tenner stick it on Biden to win in Texas.

Could be fun!

US election megathread on 07:57 - Oct 26 with 1332 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

US election megathread on 03:19 - Oct 26 by SpruceMoose

Hey J2.

If you've got a spare tenner stick it on Biden to win in Texas.

Could be fun!

I am not convinced that the early turn out figures are a plus for the Democrats....could be the Trump fanatics trying to vote twice as instructed!
https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/specials/politics/20201026-2020-us-presid

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

US election megathread on 08:40 - Oct 26 with 1312 viewsOldsmoker

"His election will allow for a far more progressive management of the country.."

It should, but Trump is messing with the civil service, firing Never-Trumpers and embedding his own sycophants. He's created a new grade that he can sack and will move the Faucis into it. He will reclassify his toadies as permanent. It's a 90-day order expiring when Biden takes office. Biden will have to fire and re-hire.
Trump intends to poison the well before he leaves.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-executive-order-civil-service-biden-e

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 10:14 - Oct 26 with 1275 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 15:42 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

Good for them and also good for the US though?

Surely it would take away a lot of Republican support in future elections to have allowed it all to happen?

I mean they complain about pretend communists in the Democrats and then their ex-Pres actually goes over to their former-communist rivals.

It's not like the rest of the world take Trump seriously, I doubt anyone will care where he is after he's not president.

SB

He won't care if his actions damage the GOP in the future, it's always been about Trump and only Trump.

US election megathread on 12:00 - Oct 26 with 1224 viewsAce_High1

Hope you have the champagne on ice Sprucey for next week!

Any other festivities planned?
US election megathread on 12:36 - Oct 26 with 1204 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 12:00 - Oct 26 by Ace_High1

Hope you have the champagne on ice Sprucey for next week!

Any other festivities planned?

Ha! This thing isn't over. I won't be truly celebrating until Trump is no longer in the White House!

That being said I'll be watching with Ms Moose next week, with a fridge full of beers, probably feeling sick with anxiety! I'm not really expecting any clear result on the night, unless something unexpected happens like Biden winning Florida and Texas.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024