Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138254 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 16:09 - Oct 26 with 2017 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone seen the video of Biden today? Genuinely seemed to think momentarily he was running against George Bush.

I see some claiming he was in fact talking about the host called George Lopez but the video clearly shows him mistakes Trump with Bush.

That being said.. I’d be stunned if it’s not Biden sitting in the White House in a few months time.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

US election megathread on 16:26 - Oct 26 with 2001 viewsHARRY10

"Boris Johnson’s government is “frantically repositioning” itself to prepare for the likely arrival of Democrat Joe Biden in the White House following next week’s US presidential elections"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-biden-trump-2020-el

Another hole fatboy will have to try to dig himself out of
US election megathread on 16:30 - Oct 26 with 1992 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 16:09 - Oct 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Anyone seen the video of Biden today? Genuinely seemed to think momentarily he was running against George Bush.

I see some claiming he was in fact talking about the host called George Lopez but the video clearly shows him mistakes Trump with Bush.

That being said.. I’d be stunned if it’s not Biden sitting in the White House in a few months time.

It's to be expected when two old guys are running I guess. While not a massive issue, it does make the team they assemble around them pretty important.

They're aren't going to be as sharp as when they were in their 40s, especially when Biden has a lifelong stutter to deal with and Trump has a lifetime of being a moron to overcome.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 16:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 16:53 - Oct 26 with 1978 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump supporter pulling gun on anti Trump protestors. Expect more of this kind of thing if Trump loses next week. Some of these guys have sunk their entire lives and identities into following Trump over the cliff.

This guy will probably go to jail, and then be Keynote speaker at the first Republican conference after his release...

US election megathread on 16:58 - Oct 26 with 1968 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 07:57 - Oct 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am not convinced that the early turn out figures are a plus for the Democrats....could be the Trump fanatics trying to vote twice as instructed!
https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/specials/politics/20201026-2020-us-presid

Who knows with those lunatics! Maybe they're just going to go several times on election day in different disguises...

US election megathread on 17:24 - Oct 26 with 1947 viewsbaxterbasics

Lil Pump. Don't pretend you haven't heard of the megastar.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

US election megathread on 17:30 - Oct 26 with 1937 viewsJ2BLUE

US election megathread on 17:24 - Oct 26 by baxterbasics

What a badass name.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 17:36 - Oct 26 with 1935 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:24 - Oct 26 by baxterbasics

Rich fella with criminal record in supporting trump shocker. With his CV I'm surprised he isn't in Trump's cabinet.

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 17:38 - Oct 26 with 1930 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 16:53 - Oct 26 by SpruceMoose

Trump supporter pulling gun on anti Trump protestors. Expect more of this kind of thing if Trump loses next week. Some of these guys have sunk their entire lives and identities into following Trump over the cliff.

This guy will probably go to jail, and then be Keynote speaker at the first Republican conference after his release...

what's warder ?
US election megathread on 22:35 - Oct 26 with 1837 viewsSpruceMoose

The writing is on the wall. J2, lump on Texas, Iowa and Pennsylvania for Biden! It's a long shot but the right shot!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 22:41]

US election megathread on 22:52 - Oct 26 with 1815 viewsJ2BLUE

US election megathread on 22:35 - Oct 26 by SpruceMoose

The writing is on the wall. J2, lump on Texas, Iowa and Pennsylvania for Biden! It's a long shot but the right shot!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 22:41]

The odds aren't great. I'm not going to be placing any more bets on it. Just going to enjoy the victory for the world.

Actually, Biden is still 1/2 (1.5). If he's those odds on the day then I will almost certainly back him, but I won't be backing anything else.

I know this is a bad thing to say but I wish the polls were a bit closer (with Biden winning). I hope the early stages are blow for blow and it's not a rout. I know that's the wrong thing to be thinking about but I love an American election.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 22:57 - Oct 26 with 1809 viewsTheReverendSpooner

US election megathread on 17:30 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

What a badass name.

The gentleman would appear to be docking his own Mick.

There veritably is only one Sticky Mockwell, don't you know.

US election megathread on 23:21 - Oct 26 with 1790 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:52 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

The odds aren't great. I'm not going to be placing any more bets on it. Just going to enjoy the victory for the world.

Actually, Biden is still 1/2 (1.5). If he's those odds on the day then I will almost certainly back him, but I won't be backing anything else.

I know this is a bad thing to say but I wish the polls were a bit closer (with Biden winning). I hope the early stages are blow for blow and it's not a rout. I know that's the wrong thing to be thinking about but I love an American election.

Probably wise. Gambling. It's a mug's game

US election megathread on 02:07 - Oct 27 with 1744 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 02:47 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

It's a brilliant self-awareness failure from the people who are celebrating the president who was friends with Jeffrey Epstein, wished Ghislaine Maxwell all the best and said he'd probably shag his own daughter isn't it?

Talking of Republicans... Where has JJJJ got to? Earlier in the year he was all over these threads, but he's gone a bit quiet.

If you're reading, hope you're ok JJJJ, election season can be a rough ride!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 2:27]

US election megathread on 09:16 - Oct 27 with 1653 viewsMookamoo

US election megathread on 16:58 - Oct 26 by SpruceMoose

Who knows with those lunatics! Maybe they're just going to go several times on election day in different disguises...

Am I right in thinking Biden doesn't need Florida if he gets those three states?
US election megathread on 09:41 - Oct 27 with 1635 viewsHalf_Idiot

US election megathread on 16:09 - Oct 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Just watched the clip.

I don't see it as him thinking he's running against George Bush, just that he's got a bit tongue tied. Something that happens to the best of us.

I know I have definitely said the persons name I'm talking too when talking about someone else.
US election megathread on 10:33 - Oct 27 with 1600 viewsyorkshire

US election megathread on 09:16 - Oct 27 by Mookamoo

Am I right in thinking Biden doesn't need Florida if he gets those three states?

Yes - pretty much if Biden wins these three then he is there and can afford to lose Florida (which I think he will) and also North Carolina - he can also afford to lose Wisconsin if he wins Arizona and Nevada - a lot rides on Latino (of Mexican descent) in those places but he at least has a number of outs - something that Trump doesn’t seem to have
US election megathread on 11:25 - Oct 27 with 1557 viewsRyorry

US election megathread on 10:33 - Oct 27 by yorkshire

Yes - pretty much if Biden wins these three then he is there and can afford to lose Florida (which I think he will) and also North Carolina - he can also afford to lose Wisconsin if he wins Arizona and Nevada - a lot rides on Latino (of Mexican descent) in those places but he at least has a number of outs - something that Trump doesn’t seem to have

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

US election megathread on 11:43 - Oct 27 with 1543 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 11:25 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

Its ok. Trump is telling people they can change their vote...

US election megathread on 12:19 - Oct 27 with 1517 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 11:43 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Next week is going to be wild. Whoever wins, I wouldn't want to be a Democrat in a largely Republican area.

US election megathread on 12:31 - Oct 27 with 1503 viewsRyorry

US election megathread on 11:43 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Jeez - I'm almost starting to feel sorry for some of Trump's team - must be like trying to handle a 3-year-old screaming toddler in the middle of a busy supermarket.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

US election megathread on 14:17 - Oct 27 with 1454 viewsSpruceMoose

Meanwhile, 9 points down and 225,000 dead Americans.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 14:18]

US election megathread on 14:34 - Oct 27 with 1427 viewsyorkshire

US election megathread on 11:25 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

I live in the middle of Florida and would say that pretty much everyone (white) around me is voting for Trump - even people I didn't expect to have come out of the wood work. I know that the 'Latino' vote down towards Miami are mainly of Cuban descent which tend to vote Republican so I don't think you can count on them.

I still feel that Trump loses but just don't think it will be down to Florida
US election megathread on 14:42 - Oct 27 with 1421 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:34 - Oct 27 by yorkshire

I live in the middle of Florida and would say that pretty much everyone (white) around me is voting for Trump - even people I didn't expect to have come out of the wood work. I know that the 'Latino' vote down towards Miami are mainly of Cuban descent which tend to vote Republican so I don't think you can count on them.

I think you're right. I think Trump will just about win in Florida, but that it won't really matter.

Fun guess the election outcome tool here!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-election-map/
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 14:46]

US election megathread on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 1401 viewsfloridablue

US election megathread on 14:34 - Oct 27 by yorkshire

I'm in Lake County Florida and mostly vote Trump signs that I've seen in gardens. I would say he's pretty safe here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024