Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 137984 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 02:19 - Sep 26 with 2403 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 18:54 - Sep 25 by Bent_double

Depends who's in charge of the court.

the judiciary

whose independence is guaranteed by article 3 of the US Constitution
US election megathread on 06:03 - Sep 26 with 2374 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 02:19 - Sep 26 by HARRY10

the judiciary

whose independence is guaranteed by article 3 of the US Constitution

Independence from what though? Judges aren't independent from wonky worldviews, prejudices, biases and zealotry are they?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 06:17 - Sep 26 with 2368 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 06:03 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

Independence from what though? Judges aren't independent from wonky worldviews, prejudices, biases and zealotry are they?

Is anyone ?

however it will require factual evidence to prove a case , not a judges view - and it will be the plaintiffs side to prove fraud, malpractice etc

which would require a huge amount of irrefutable evidence from virtually every state, county, ballot box, etc

not some orange faced buffoon spouting shytte to a bunch of over excited halfwits
US election megathread on 10:39 - Sep 26 with 2315 viewsOldsmoker

Donald Trump jr has appeared on a campaign ad spouting nonsense about the Dems stealing the election and calling for an 'army' of supporters to protect the polls.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-jr-vi

It's blatant permission for Trumps base to engage in intimidatory tactics.
They will accuse the Dems of intimidation for daring to turn up to vote. If they'd stayed at home then the violent clashes at polling stations would not have taken place.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 12:36 - Sep 26 with 2282 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 06:17 - Sep 26 by HARRY10

Is anyone ?

however it will require factual evidence to prove a case , not a judges view - and it will be the plaintiffs side to prove fraud, malpractice etc

which would require a huge amount of irrefutable evidence from virtually every state, county, ballot box, etc

not some orange faced buffoon spouting shytte to a bunch of over excited halfwits

I remember those old rules too. They were better days.

US election megathread on 12:44 - Sep 26 with 2276 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

US election megathread on 12:36 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

I remember those old rules too. They were better days.

Out of interest Spruce, what’s the general feel out their about more likely winner?

Over here it seems to be that America would be crazy to vote trump in again but it’s just about how crazy they really are as to whether he will or not. Out there, does it feel like the tide has turned against him or is it still well in the balance would you say?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

US election megathread on 12:45 - Sep 26 with 2276 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 10:39 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

Donald Trump jr has appeared on a campaign ad spouting nonsense about the Dems stealing the election and calling for an 'army' of supporters to protect the polls.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-jr-vi

It's blatant permission for Trumps base to engage in intimidatory tactics.
They will accuse the Dems of intimidation for daring to turn up to vote. If they'd stayed at home then the violent clashes at polling stations would not have taken place.

Their entire tactic whenever they get called out on their sh1thouse tactics is to say "I know you are but what am I?"

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 22:47 - Sep 27 with 2177 viewsSpruceMoose

Arf! The NY Times just published Trump's tax returns. Just in time for Tuesday's debate.

The president “paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency”, the paper reported, adding that “in his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

“He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/27/new-york-times-publishes-donald-
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 22:49]

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 22:49 - Sep 27 with 2172 viewsmonytowbray

US election megathread on 22:47 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

Arf! The NY Times just published Trump's tax returns. Just in time for Tuesday's debate.

The president “paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency”, the paper reported, adding that “in his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

“He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/27/new-york-times-publishes-donald-
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 22:49]

Amazing work from the NYT.

Sadly he’ll brush it off as fake news or start making up something about Biden’s tax records.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

US election megathread on 22:51 - Sep 27 with 2168 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:49 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

Sadly he’ll brush it off as fake news or start making up something about Biden’s tax records.

Oh it'll make no difference to his supporters. But I can't imagine it's made him very happy. So that's a win.

As soon as he's out of office I genuinely believe New York State are coming for him. I think they have a case ready to go. I think he knows that too, which makes him dangerous.

US election megathread on 22:54 - Sep 27 with 2163 viewsSpruceMoose

And for the 'but both sides crew'...

Federal income taxes paid in 2017 (jointly with spouse):

Joe Biden - $3,742,974

Kamala Harris - $516,469

Bernie Sanders - $343,882

Elizabeth Warren - $268,484

Donald Trump - $750

US election megathread on 22:58 - Sep 27 with 2153 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 12:44 - Sep 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Out of interest Spruce, what’s the general feel out their about more likely winner?

Over here it seems to be that America would be crazy to vote trump in again but it’s just about how crazy they really are as to whether he will or not. Out there, does it feel like the tide has turned against him or is it still well in the balance would you say?

Britain elected Johnson and voted for Brexit. As far as the rest of the world are concerned the US and the UK are in the same category I would imagine.

I think people expect Biden to win, but it'll be close enough for Trump to try and steal it through the courts. If he does that... Who knows what's next.

People need to vote avd Biden needs to win this beyond any margin of doubt for the nightmare to end,

US election megathread on 22:59 - Sep 27 with 2153 viewsStokieBlue

US election megathread on 22:54 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

And for the 'but both sides crew'...

Federal income taxes paid in 2017 (jointly with spouse):

Joe Biden - $3,742,974

Kamala Harris - $516,469

Bernie Sanders - $343,882

Elizabeth Warren - $268,484

Donald Trump - $750

None of them are exactly representative of the common American are they!

Biden would do best to hammer home the fact that Trump didn't pay taxes because his business couldn't make a profit rather than worry about the taxes themselves. A small chance to dispel the myth that he is a good businessman.

Not that anyone who supports him will change their mind whatever is said or proven.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

US election megathread on 22:59 - Sep 27 with 2149 viewsElderGrizzly

He just did brush it off as fake news at his news conference.

Also revealed he owes $300m in loans in the next 4 years. A lot of people will be coming for Donny...
US election megathread on 23:02 - Sep 27 with 2147 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:59 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

None of them are exactly representative of the common American are they!

Biden would do best to hammer home the fact that Trump didn't pay taxes because his business couldn't make a profit rather than worry about the taxes themselves. A small chance to dispel the myth that he is a good businessman.

Not that anyone who supports him will change their mind whatever is said or proven.

SB

I was thinking that too, but I'm not sure if that'll matter much here. They seem to love rich folk because they labour under the impression that they'll be one any day now too. A nation of Del Boys.

I think if you want to see a better representation of average people in US politics you need to look to people like AOC in the House.

US election megathread on 23:04 - Sep 27 with 2143 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:59 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

He just did brush it off as fake news at his news conference.

Also revealed he owes $300m in loans in the next 4 years. A lot of people will be coming for Donny...

The walls are closing in and that only increases how dangerous he is.

What odds on the GOP filling this supreme court seat and then cutting him loose? Throw him to the wolves. After all, all they've ever wanted is judges and tax cuts. I don't think they've ever really bought into his cult, he was just their useful idiot.

US election megathread on 23:05 - Sep 27 with 2138 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:02 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

I was thinking that too, but I'm not sure if that'll matter much here. They seem to love rich folk because they labour under the impression that they'll be one any day now too. A nation of Del Boys.

I think if you want to see a better representation of average people in US politics you need to look to people like AOC in the House.

Sadly, the taxes will mean nothing to his base. 35 to 40% of the electorate will vote for him no matter what is revealed.

Lets hope the 10 point lead being reported is accurate. 6 of 7 swing states in Biden’s favour too
US election megathread on 23:06 - Sep 27 with 2136 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:04 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

What odds on the GOP filling this supreme court seat and then cutting him loose? Throw him to the wolves. After all, all they've ever wanted is judges and tax cuts. I don't think they've ever really bought into his cult, he was just their useful idiot.

Lots of evidence he was their Trojan Horse. He was meant to be gone within 2 years and replaced by Pence.
US election megathread on 23:08 - Sep 27 with 2131 viewsHARRY10

Given that

"The paper promises more stories in the coming weeks."

There is every thought that we are now moving towards what might be thought criminal activity - and the revelations will prompt further calls for closer inspection of his business affairs.

Trump has been trailing Biden for months, by a rough margin that would see Trump lose this election.

Is there anyone out there who thinks these coming revelations are going to help him narrow that gap ?
US election megathread on 23:08 - Sep 27 with 2130 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:04 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:10 - Sep 27 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:05 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly, the taxes will mean nothing to his base. 35 to 40% of the electorate will vote for him no matter what is revealed.

Lets hope the 10 point lead being reported is accurate. 6 of 7 swing states in Biden’s favour too

At this point the only way he can win this legitimately is if there are masses of silent Trump voters out there lying to or avoiding polls. One of the many things we know about Trump supporters is that they don't tend to be quiet when it comes to telling us about how much they love him.

In 2016 Clinton was despised on the left in a way that Biden just isn't. He had an enthusiasm problem, he's not exciting to vote for, but everytime Trump opens his mouth he makes Biden more appealing.

US election megathread on 23:10 - Sep 27 with 2123 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:08 - Sep 27 by HARRY10

Given that

"The paper promises more stories in the coming weeks."

There is every thought that we are now moving towards what might be thought criminal activity - and the revelations will prompt further calls for closer inspection of his business affairs.

Trump has been trailing Biden for months, by a rough margin that would see Trump lose this election.

Is there anyone out there who thinks these coming revelations are going to help him narrow that gap ?

They are promising more details on Trump’s fraud around taxes. How will that help him and harm Biden?

US election megathread on 23:13 - Sep 27 with 2115 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:10 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

At this point the only way he can win this legitimately is if there are masses of silent Trump voters out there lying to or avoiding polls. One of the many things we know about Trump supporters is that they don't tend to be quiet when it comes to telling us about how much they love him.

In 2016 Clinton was despised on the left in a way that Biden just isn't. He had an enthusiasm problem, he's not exciting to vote for, but everytime Trump opens his mouth he makes Biden more appealing.

I can see this being a tactic. Trump would happily go low against Biden’s deceased son

US election megathread on 23:15 - Sep 27 with 2113 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:10 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

They are promising more details on Trump’s fraud around taxes. How will that help him and harm Biden?

It was dumb for him to say it's Fake News. There's no way the NYT don't have evidence to validate this, and I fully expect them to drop it over the next couple of days.

He should have just gone with 'avoiding tax makes me smart' line again. Plenty of people would agree with that.

US election megathread on 23:16 - Sep 27 with 2111 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:13 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

I can see this being a tactic. Trump would happily go low against Biden’s deceased son

If Biden debates like he debated Paul Ryan he will have no worries.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024