Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138200 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 5235 viewsKropotkin123

US election megathread on 09:54 - Sep 29 by HARRY10

I shall be staying up to watch the debate (2am BST),

if only to enjoy the orange faced buffoon attempt Johnsons current record of 43 lies in one hour

Dedicated. I remember when I'd pull all-nighters on UK elections. Good luck!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

US election megathread on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 5203 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 20:56 - Sep 29 by Kropotkin123

Dedicated. I remember when I'd pull all-nighters on UK elections. Good luck!

It's only for 90 mins ( 2-3.30) so it wont make too much difference to an habitual night owl

and I shall be up at the crack of noon on Weds just in time to see our very own dyed haired clown provide the entertainment at PMQs
US election megathread on 00:27 - Sep 30 with 5155 viewsJ2BLUE

There's a documentary on Sky Documentaries called Trump: America Interrupted. It's an eye opening watch. At times the interviewer looks genuinely stunned when talking to Trump voters.

#Prayforspruce

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 00:50 - Sep 30 with 5147 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 00:27 - Sep 30 by J2BLUE

There's a documentary on Sky Documentaries called Trump: America Interrupted. It's an eye opening watch. At times the interviewer looks genuinely stunned when talking to Trump voters.

#Prayforspruce

Pray for Illy! I'm in the anarchist controlled NYC (according to Trump). Poor Illy is in the middle with all the biscuit and gravy eating nutters!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 01:28 - Sep 30 with 5129 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exited for the debate tonight. I get the ump with politicians but I always think it’s important for people to watch these things. It’s an event that if going badly or well for one or the other could shape the world for the next four years.

Please don’t shoot the messenger but for anyone interested.. either of them to say ‘China Virus’ is 8/11 with Ladbrokes which might be a mistake. It’s 1/7 with Skybet and 1/9 with Paddy Power. Win or lose, that’s the sort of value I would never let myself ignore. So I’ve backed it. If anyone hears either of them, presumably the Donald, mentioning it in this thread would be very much appreciated please. Just in case I don’t hear it or something. Thankyou.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

US election megathread on 01:37 - Sep 30 with 5125 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

US election megathread on 00:50 - Sep 30 by SpruceMoose

Pray for Illy! I'm in the anarchist controlled NYC (according to Trump). Poor Illy is in the middle with all the biscuit and gravy eating nutters!

Gravy on biscuits? Surely that can’t be true? That has to be a mistake? Surely? SURELY?!?!?

US election megathread on 02:02 - Sep 30 with 5110 viewstractordownsouth

We going in the chat room? The stream on Fox Business has dodgy volume

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 02:03 - Sep 30 with 5108 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 02:02 - Sep 30 by tractordownsouth

Do you need a different link to watch? YouTube will have one.

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 02:03 - Sep 30 with 5107 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 01:37 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Gravy on biscuits? Surely that can’t be true? That has to be a mistake? Surely? SURELY?!?!?

Neither the gravy or the biscuits are what you're imagining.

US election megathread on 02:08 - Sep 30 with 5101 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 02:03 - Sep 30 by SpruceMoose

Neither the gravy or the biscuits are what you're imagining.

No, they're actually somehow worse aren't they.

Some sort of spongy type effort that look a bit scone like?*

Which then someone throws up over. It's not even proper gravy.

Something like that.

*Scone, and definitely not scone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US election megathread on 02:12 - Sep 30 with 5096 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The chat room 7 returns?!?

US election megathread on 02:14 - Sep 30 with 5095 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

5 minutes in and he’s already trying to talk over the moderator. Christ.

US election megathread on 02:16 - Sep 30 with 5094 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 02:14 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

5 minutes in and he’s already trying to talk over the moderator. Christ.

He's so petulant, I'm just lolling at him at him desperately lie.

And he won't. Shut. The. Fúck. Up. Can't they turn his mic off?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 2:20]

US election megathread on 02:23 - Sep 30 with 5081 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 02:16 - Sep 30 by SpruceMoose

He's so petulant, I'm just lolling at him at him desperately lie.

And he won't. Shut. The. Fúck. Up. Can't they turn his mic off?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 2:20]

BBC site:

It would be 200m Covid deaths if Biden was in charge
Trump claims that the coronavirus death toll - over 200,000 Americans - would have been much higher if Biden had been in charge when the pandemic hit.

"It would be 200 million people because you would have been late on the draw," says Trump.

"You would have been much later," to ban travelers from China, continues Trump. The president has claimed that placing travel restrictions on visitors from the country helped prevent infections.

US election megathread on 02:24 - Sep 30 with 5077 viewsjeera

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-us-2020-54311223

US election megathread on 02:38 - Sep 30 with 5064 views05Jchamb

US election megathread on 01:28 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Exited for the debate tonight. I get the ump with politicians but I always think it’s important for people to watch these things. It’s an event that if going badly or well for one or the other could shape the world for the next four years.

Please don’t shoot the messenger but for anyone interested.. either of them to say ‘China Virus’ is 8/11 with Ladbrokes which might be a mistake. It’s 1/7 with Skybet and 1/9 with Paddy Power. Win or lose, that’s the sort of value I would never let myself ignore. So I’ve backed it. If anyone hears either of them, presumably the Donald, mentioning it in this thread would be very much appreciated please. Just in case I don’t hear it or something. Thankyou.

Do they pay out on China Plague?
US election megathread on 02:39 - Sep 30 with 5063 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 01:28 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Ooh so close. We just had a 'China plague', no 'China Virus' yet though.

US election megathread on 02:42 - Sep 30 with 5057 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

US election megathread on 02:39 - Sep 30 by SpruceMoose

Ooh so close. We just had a 'China plague', no 'China Virus' yet though.

They won’t pay out unless it’s ‘China Virus’. Hopeful he’ll say it but nothing as of yet

US election megathread on 03:46 - Sep 30 with 5024 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 02:42 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

They won’t pay out unless it’s ‘China Virus’. Hopeful he’ll say it but nothing as of yet

It sounded like Homer Simpsons father shouting in an echo chamber.

Trump just 'made it up as he goes' - not unexpected

Biden is not best suited to this format - and should have kept it simply

a wasted 90 mins, if you were looking for any insight
US election megathread on 03:48 - Sep 30 with 5022 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, yet again Trump embarrasses the country.

US election megathread on 03:48 - Sep 30 with 5021 viewstractordownsouth

The fact Trump can't bring himself to accept the result and is urging his supporters to intimidate voters at the polling stations is pretty scary. Biden's performance was average at best, but Trump spent the entire thing spouting lunatic conspiracies and speaking like a tinpot dictator.

Neither candidate is good enough but to pretend like they're just as bad is false equivalence. At least one candidate has respect for democratic processess and isn't fuelled by narcissism.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 03:59 - Sep 30 with 5008 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 03:48 - Sep 30 by tractordownsouth

The fact Trump can't bring himself to accept the result and is urging his supporters to intimidate voters at the polling stations is pretty scary. Biden's performance was average at best, but Trump spent the entire thing spouting lunatic conspiracies and speaking like a tinpot dictator.

Neither candidate is good enough but to pretend like they're just as bad is false equivalence. At least one candidate has respect for democratic processess and isn't fuelled by narcissism.

This nightmare needs to end. Biden might not be the progressive let's choice but I genuinely think he is the right candidate for this election at this particular moment.

Trump's one line of attack is to paint Biden as some kind of far left radical, and it is absolutely laughable, but probably would have gained traction against Warren or Sanders.

Remove Trump. Win the senate. Then the progressive left can really get to work.

US election megathread on 04:02 - Sep 30 with 5008 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nobody come out of that looking good. But perhaps more importantly, nobody came out of it looking worse than Trump.

US election megathread on 04:05 - Sep 30 with 5003 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 04:02 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Nobody come out of that looking good. But perhaps more importantly, nobody came out of it looking worse than Trump.

I'm interested in what Biden did that makes you think he came out of it badly?

From my perspective Biden was debating a chimp who wouldn't shut up, kept calm when he insulted his dead son, and tried to actually put across a positive vision for how the country could be compared to Trump's non stop race baiting and grievances.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 4:06]

US election megathread on 04:11 - Sep 30 with 5000 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 04:02 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Nailed it,

Trump 'played to the gallery' to his supporters, who have at last found someone who echoes their 'thought's. They will convince themselves that whatever evidence or facts that are put out refuting Trumps claims they have their 'Trump' card - "fake new baa baa"

That's really all they have, and have had. Not much of a hand to play.

And unless something dramatic happens, then next week Trump will still be behind in the polls by around 8%..... pointing to a heavy defeat for Trump.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 4:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024