Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138159 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 17:41 - Oct 1 with 2885 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 17:19 - Oct 1 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, a River of Lies...

I hate all these evil sycophants more than I hate Trump, because as soon as he's history the hand wringing will start, the claims of 'oh how terrible he was to work for' will begin and the media job offers will flood in.

Society needs to ostracise and exile these vermin, but their sins will be inevitably be forgotten and they' will be well rewarded for the chaos they've helped to cause.

I say to fellow Democrats all the time - the media is not our friend. They have a completely different agenda to us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 18:00 - Oct 1 with 2870 viewsmonytowbray

US election megathread on 17:19 - Oct 1 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, a River of Lies...

WHY AREN'T THE PRESS INTERESTED IN THIS?!

Said the woman who literally has the press asking about it on an international stage live broadcast.

The best thing to do with their lies is not to call them liars, but allow them to dig their own grave.

Problem is there is a large % of people in the world now who will bend over backwards to defend Trump even if he publicly said himself he's a criminal thief and serial child rapist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

US election megathread on 18:17 - Oct 1 with 2858 viewsMercian

When I was 12/13 years old and becoming more aware of the global big picture I had a chat with my dad about how great America is. He agreed but said there was a big hole in the system where anybody with the right amount of money, fame and popularity could become president and be very hard to remove from power. Prophetic words.
US election megathread on 18:20 - Oct 1 with 2850 viewsitfcjoe

US election megathread on 13:07 - Oct 1 by giant_stow

I watched it last night on catch up. Thought Biden did well when he was allowed to speak, bar the odd fumble which might stike some as a little aged? Basically though, when he looked at the camera, I think he connected and made sense.

Re J2's point about Biden laughing at times, I thought that was actually the best thing he could have done - how else to react to some the farcical sh1t that came out of Trump's mouth?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/bog-standard-biden-is-the-president-america-

That’s a good piece on it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

US election megathread on 18:21 - Oct 1 with 2850 viewsJ2BLUE

US election megathread on 18:17 - Oct 1 by Mercian

When I was 12/13 years old and becoming more aware of the global big picture I had a chat with my dad about how great America is. He agreed but said there was a big hole in the system where anybody with the right amount of money, fame and popularity could become president and be very hard to remove from power. Prophetic words.

For ages, before I actually had a good look at your name, I thought you were called 'Merican'. I've had this idea in my head that you're American ever since.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 09:33 - Oct 3 with 2769 viewsDanTheMan

Interesting video on the Trump tax reveal from NYT. Legal Eagle is just generally a good channel as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

US election megathread on 23:26 - Oct 4 with 2696 viewsSpruceMoose

Latest Lincoln Project ad against Trump

US election megathread on 11:11 - Oct 6 with 2610 viewsElderGrizzly

Biden polling 16 points ahead now

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 11:14 - Oct 6 with 2614 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 11:11 - Oct 6 by ElderGrizzly

Democrats need to run up the score. Only a large enough winning margin will hinder Trump in his attempts to steal the election (if he lives to see it).

US election megathread on 11:49 - Oct 6 with 2599 viewsSwansea_Blue

US election megathread on 09:33 - Oct 3 by DanTheMan

Interesting video on the Trump tax reveal from NYT. Legal Eagle is just generally a good channel as well.

Fascinating summary of where Trump's at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US election megathread on 12:06 - Oct 6 with 2587 viewslowhouseblue

US election megathread on 11:11 - Oct 6 by ElderGrizzly

and every day now has postal votes being cast and everyday runs the clock down. i can't think of an election where i have been crossing the days off as much as this one. we need there to be no cock ups.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US election megathread on 14:27 - Oct 6 with 2526 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 12:06 - Oct 6 by lowhouseblue

and every day now has postal votes being cast and everyday runs the clock down. i can't think of an election where i have been crossing the days off as much as this one. we need there to be no cock ups.

Trump is now declaring the Dems will allow abortions "beyond the time of birth". Yep...

US election megathread on 14:31 - Oct 6 with 2526 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:27 - Oct 6 by ElderGrizzly

Trump is now declaring the Dems will allow abortions "beyond the time of birth". Yep...

Glad to see he's encouraging people to get out and vote. High turnout always terrifies the GOP and benefits the Democrats.

US election megathread on 14:49 - Oct 6 with 2507 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 14:31 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

Glad to see he's encouraging people to get out and vote. High turnout always terrifies the GOP and benefits the Democrats.

Oh and Covid is no worse than flu

US election megathread on 14:53 - Oct 6 with 2512 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:49 - Oct 6 by ElderGrizzly

Oh and Covid is no worse than flu

I think Herman Cain tweeted that out yesterday.

US election megathread on 14:59 - Oct 6 with 2504 viewslowhouseblue

he has no plays which aren't directed solely to his base. nothing he says or does can have any hope of reaching beyond that base. he is whipping up his supporters to no effect other than ensuring that they are very angry if he loses.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US election megathread on 15:08 - Oct 6 with 2488 viewsRyorry

To think that the leader of the most powerful country on the planet has an intellect & personality which allows him to tweet stuff that's so transparently tripe to most moderately intelligent people age 8+ is ... well, scary to say the least.

Wonder what Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un are thinking and doing behind the scenes right now ... 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

US election megathread on 15:13 - Oct 6 with 2481 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 15:08 - Oct 6 by Ryorry

To think that the leader of the most powerful country on the planet has an intellect & personality which allows him to tweet stuff that's so transparently tripe to most moderately intelligent people age 8+ is ... well, scary to say the least.

Wonder what Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un are thinking and doing behind the scenes right now ... 🤔

I wonder how many abortions Trump has had his lawyers pay for in his time.

US election megathread on 15:39 - Oct 6 with 2467 viewsRyorry

US election megathread on 15:13 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how many abortions Trump has had his lawyers pay for in his time.

That too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

US election megathread on 16:01 - Oct 6 with 2458 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 14:53 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

I think Herman Cain tweeted that out yesterday.

And he thinks he is attending the debate on the 15th.

As it stands now, he is quarantined until the 20th at the earliest. So unless he breaks the law/rules and Trump would never do that surely...
US election megathread on 16:10 - Oct 6 with 2454 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 16:01 - Oct 6 by ElderGrizzly

And he thinks he is attending the debate on the 15th.

As it stands now, he is quarantined until the 20th at the earliest. So unless he breaks the law/rules and Trump would never do that surely...

He'll be lucky to still be breathing come the 15th, let alone debating.

US election megathread on 18:35 - Oct 6 with 2409 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Trump makes Paz seem insightful.
US election megathread on 22:12 - Oct 6 with 2364 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden up 16 points. 538 give him a 82% chance of winning the election... And Trump decides to blackmail the poor and tank the markets. Genius.

US election megathread on 22:50 - Oct 6 with 2339 viewsOldsmoker

US election megathread on 22:12 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

Biden up 16 points. 538 give him a 82% chance of winning the election... And Trump decides to blackmail the poor and tank the markets. Genius.

It's what's happening behind the scenes that is worrying.
Texas republican governor with support from the republican dominated state senate has limited polling drops to one per county. Some people will have to drive 50+miles to get to hand over their ballot.
The Democrats are appealing to the Republican loaded state courts to stop it.

This is the same for all those swing states because the Republicans have them stitched up the same way.
Even a 16 point lead for Biden may not translate into a Win for Biden.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 06:28 - Oct 7 with 2275 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 16:10 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

He'll be lucky to still be breathing come the 15th, let alone debating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024