Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Result. 16:00 - Sep 23 with 1463 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/23/bristols-colston-hall-renamed-in-w

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Result. on 17:35 - Sep 23 with 1383 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I get BLM, but slavery was centuries ago.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Result. on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 1379 viewsSwansea_Blue

Result. on 17:35 - Sep 23 by Dubtractor

Yeah, I get BLM, but slavery was centuries ago.

Yeah, you'd have thought they'd have got over it by now. You know, manned up a little. Woke snowlflakes innit.

Bristol's Beacon isn't particularly inspiring. Think of all the fun you could have had with Bristols.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Result. on 17:49 - Sep 23 with 1360 viewsJ2BLUE

This is one of those things which helps some people and hurts no one.

Can't really argue with it, although i'm sure some will give it a good go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Result. on 17:52 - Sep 23 with 1352 viewsSwansea_Blue

Result. on 17:49 - Sep 23 by J2BLUE

This is one of those things which helps some people and hurts no one.

Can't really argue with it, although i'm sure some will give it a good go.

Nice turn of phrase that. Although doesn't take into account the burst blood vessels and rising blood pressure from some people.

Result. on 19:10 - Sep 23 with 1319 viewsBlueBadger

Result. on 17:52 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

Nice turn of phrase that. Although doesn't take into account the burst blood vessels and rising blood pressure from some people.

Balls, agree to disagree, etc, etc

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Result. on 19:18 - Sep 23 with 1306 viewsFoD_Blue

One of the venues that I visit fairly frequently as Bristol is pretty local to us.
Absolutely no complaints with the renaming of the venue, it has been discussed and supposed to have been happening for years.
But I find the new name totally uninspiring and it’s not a name that rolls off the tongue nicely. With the time that they have had to sort this out, I’m sure they could have come up with something better. It sounds more like the name of a local radio station.
Result. on 19:28 - Sep 23 with 1295 viewsCoastalblue

Pretty sure this supposed to happen early in the year, before the statue disappeared, with an event but lockdown stopped it.

I quite like the name, supposed to signify a place of safety for people to go to and gather I believe,

Regardless, a positive thing and I can't see how anybody could find reason to object.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Result. on 19:40 - Sep 23 with 1280 viewshampstead_blue

It's a shame that an angry mob decided to tear down a statue and throw it in the docks rather than peacefully debate and change the landscape that way.

This is he way to change things. Mindless stupidity is not.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Result. on 19:48 - Sep 23 with 1271 viewsDanTheMan

Result. on 19:40 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

It's a shame that an angry mob decided to tear down a statue and throw it in the docks rather than peacefully debate and change the landscape that way.

"It's a shame that an angry mob decided to tear down a statue and throw it in the docks rather than peacefully debate and change the landscape that way."

But they literally did this.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Result. on 19:49 - Sep 23 with 1268 viewsDarth_Koont

They’ve spent decades going through the usual channels trying to get a name change. People ended up throwing the statue into the docks and the change goes through within a few months.

Welcome to the new politics where you ignore the people who are supposedly there to listen and take the right decisions but are often there to block change. I’m coming round more and more to that being a civic responsibility rather than civil disobedience.

If you feel strongly about it, I suggest you chase it up through the appropriate channels.

Pronouns: He/Him

Result. on 19:50 - Sep 23 with 1258 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you click the link? There were decades of protests and boycotts apparently. It didn't work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Result. on 19:59 - Sep 23 with 1234 viewsSwansea_Blue

Result. on 19:48 - Sep 23 by DanTheMan

"It's a shame that an angry mob decided to tear down a statue and throw it in the docks rather than peacefully debate and change the landscape that way."

But they literally did this.

Literally, for years. Team Twitter won't tell you that though.

Result. on 20:10 - Sep 23 with 1220 viewshampstead_blue

Result. on 19:49 - Sep 23 by Darth_Koont

They’ve spent decades going through the usual channels trying to get a name change. People ended up throwing the statue into the docks and the change goes through within a few months.

Welcome to the new politics where you ignore the people who are supposedly there to listen and take the right decisions but are often there to block change. I’m coming round more and more to that being a civic responsibility rather than civil disobedience.

If you feel strongly about it, I suggest you chase it up through the appropriate channels.

Have they been seriously trying?

It would be easy to read into your words that you are supporting violent and destructive protest.
The group who threw the statue in the water.....was that the same people who had been campaigning for years? I doubt it.

It was thugs who want to destroy society and replace it with anarchy.

Not my bag.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Result. on 20:13 - Sep 23 with 1216 viewsDanTheMan

Result. on 20:10 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

It would be easy to read into your words that you are supporting violent and destructive protest.
The group who threw the statue in the water.....was that the same people who had been campaigning for years? I doubt it.

Not my bag.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/26/bristol-colston-hall-to-drop-nam

How about you try actually reading the article?

"It was thugs who want to destroy society and replace it with anarchy."

What does this even mean? FFS Hampstead you sound like your brain has been replaced with The Express.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Result. on 20:17 - Sep 23 with 1204 viewsjeera

Not my bag.

Do you ever read anything, or take note of anyone, before spouting this sh1t?

It has been repeated on here time and again, and even there in the sodding article, that the authorities in Bristol have been all for getting shot of that statue for many years.

Along with changing the name of that venue.

You look for an angle and when it isn't there, you invent one. It's the same routine every single time.

Just be easier to put your hands up and be done with it, frankly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Result. on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 1201 viewsSwansea_Blue

Result. on 20:17 - Sep 23 by jeera

Do you ever read anything, or take note of anyone, before spouting this sh1t?

It has been repeated on here time and again, and even there in the sodding article, that the authorities in Bristol have been all for getting shot of that statue for many years.

Along with changing the name of that venue.

You look for an angle and when it isn't there, you invent one. It's the same routine every single time.

Just be easier to put your hands up and be done with it, frankly.

Hampstead obviously gets his information from the dark side, so may not know some of the things that you know.

That's the best explanation I can come up with.

Result. on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 1199 viewsjeera

Result. on 20:20 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

Hampstead obviously gets his information from the dark side, so may not know some of the things that you know.

That's the best explanation I can come up with.

If it involves prejudice, he'll find a way to excuse it.

If it involves anti-prejudice, he'll find a way to condemn it.

Reality isn't a requirement.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Result. on 23:31 - Sep 23 with 1151 viewsOldsmoker

Result. on 19:49 - Sep 23 by Darth_Koont

I moved to Bristol mid '80's and it was a thing then so decades is correct.

It seems after years of civil discussion a fist thumped on the desk and a FFS was what was really needed.

Got there in the end.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Result. on 00:23 - Sep 24 with 1097 viewseireblue

Not my bag.

“Have they been seriously trying?”

Never let ignorance of a topic get in the way of having an opinion.

I don’t think that is a specific characteristic of the hard left or hard right, I think it is something that is usually displayed by the hard of thinking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024