Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. 19:59 - Sep 23 with 19310 viewshampstead_blue

This poor chap lost everything because of woke nutcases.

He raised genuine concerns about BLM and the woke and cancel culture community swarmed all over him.

Support BLM? Dare anyone criticize the hard left and woke nutters

https://thecritic.co.uk/i-was-fired-for-criticising-blm/

https://www.change.org/p/the-board-of-mancunian-way-petition-to-remove-nick-buck

https://www.change.org/p/silent-majority-reinstate-nick-buckley-as-ceo-of-mancun

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:12 - Sep 23 with 4184 viewsJ2BLUE

There are many on Twitter who aren't happy unless they are trying to destroy someone.

Where are they trying to disrupt the nuclear family? Is that code for supporting LGBT people?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:16 - Sep 23 with 4145 viewsSpruceMoose

Seek professional help. The internet isn't doing you any good. Maybe lay off it for a while.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 4140 viewsSwansea_Blue

Except, unless their website has changed, what the guy in that first article says is utter bollox. The whole premise of his issue seems to be based on a lie. Maybe the BLM website has changed, but there's none of this stuff on it now (unless I'm just missing it):

"This caught my attention and I asked myself ‘Who are BLM?’. Within seconds I was on the internet and reading their website. I was shocked. It was so radically far left that even Jeremy Corbyn would struggle to support all the aims and objectives: defund the police, overthrow capitalism and disrupt the nuclear family. It was a neo-Marxist, anarchist, political agenda. They were not hiding their aims, they were not shy about their Marxist beliefs, they put it all on their website for the world to read."

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 4132 viewsHerbivore

God you chat a load of crap. Woke this. Woke that. We get that you don't care, we get that BLM wanting actual change terrifies you because it means you might have to change too. Maybe you should jus confine yourself to the news comments on the Mail Online where you'll find more like-minded folk.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 4118 viewsHerbivore

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:12 - Sep 23 by J2BLUE

There are many on Twitter who aren't happy unless they are trying to destroy someone.

Where are they trying to disrupt the nuclear family? Is that code for supporting LGBT people?

The whole disrupting the nuclear family thing is usually trotted out when an organisation openly supports LGBTQ rights. It's also sometimes trotted out about any organisation that is left of centre. It's more of the meaningless nonsense that far right idiots like Hampstead like to parrot.

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 4109 viewshampstead_blue

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:12 - Sep 23 by J2BLUE

Utter pleb.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 20:23]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 4112 viewsSteve_M

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:18 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

Except, unless their website has changed, what the guy in that first article says is utter bollox. The whole premise of his issue seems to be based on a lie. Maybe the BLM website has changed, but there's none of this stuff on it now (unless I'm just missing it):

"This caught my attention and I asked myself ‘Who are BLM?’. Within seconds I was on the internet and reading their website. I was shocked. It was so radically far left that even Jeremy Corbyn would struggle to support all the aims and objectives: defund the police, overthrow capitalism and disrupt the nuclear family. It was a neo-Marxist, anarchist, political agenda. They were not hiding their aims, they were not shy about their Marxist beliefs, they put it all on their website for the world to read."

Well, quite. Some research would have also shown that BLM is not a centralised organisation. That does mean that some parts of it are problematic but to jump from that to the bit about young people being brainwashed into thinking the country is racist was a bit of a leap. A middle aged white man isn’t the best placed person to judge that.

Should he have lost the position for it? I’m not sure he should either. Outrage hunting tends to go for low-hanging fruit rather than solving anything.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 4104 viewsSpruceMoose

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:22 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

Utter pleb.

Whut?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 4103 viewsLamp

Could you point me towards the Marxism on the BLM website? I can't see any as yet - although his definition of Marxism might be slightly different to mine

https://blacklivesmatter.com/
Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 4089 viewshampstead_blue

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:16 - Sep 23 by SpruceMoose

Seek professional help. The internet isn't doing you any good. Maybe lay off it for a while.

What concerns you about someone highlighting such awful and vile behaviour?

Are you in agreement with those who harassed and hounded this chap?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 4083 viewsJ2BLUE

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:22 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

Utter pleb.

Sorry?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:27 - Sep 23 with 4077 viewsSpruceMoose

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:25 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

What concerns me is the fantasy land you seem to inhabit and your ability to completely ignore or dismiss anything that condradicts your world view. Combining that with your history of wishing harm on those on the left makes me think it is you who is on the path to extremism here.

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:30 - Sep 23 with 4055 viewsLamp

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:25 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

One thing I haven't seen in full is the blog he wrote about BLM. Would be good to see so we can form a judgement at least on if what he wrote was inaccurate or not. Although his paragraph about the BLM website suggests it probably is.
Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 4048 viewshampstead_blue

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:27 - Sep 23 by SpruceMoose

What concerns me is the fantasy land you seem to inhabit and your ability to completely ignore or dismiss anything that condradicts your world view. Combining that with your history of wishing harm on those on the left makes me think it is you who is on the path to extremism here.

What?
Your vision is poor. Not sure who you are talking about but it's not me.

This chap wasn't in fantasy land.
He lost everything because of quoting the BLM website and literature (as it was at the time).

6 months before his blog he was getting the MBE for his charity work.
All of that put at risk because of the utterly stupid woke and cancel mobs

Do you not find that worrying?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 4044 viewsjeera

That article looks like it's been written by a complete simpleton.

Those who have petitioned for his removal because his views are absurd are perfectly correct.

It's really no endorsement for him that you can't see it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 4029 viewsLamp

What on earth is this paragraph rattling on about in The Critic article?

"Luckily for them, the UK only has a limited amount of wifi data per month and unfortunately in June 2020 we had run out of data because of constant Covid-19 internet searches. We were all waiting for July when our monthly allotment of data would be renewed so we could checkout BLM. Isn’t it always the case that you run out of data at the most inconvenient times!"
Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:34 - Sep 23 with 4016 viewsSpruceMoose

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:31 - Sep 23 by hampstead_blue

What?
Your vision is poor. Not sure who you are talking about but it's not me.

This chap wasn't in fantasy land.
He lost everything because of quoting the BLM website and literature (as it was at the time).

6 months before his blog he was getting the MBE for his charity work.
All of that put at risk because of the utterly stupid woke and cancel mobs

Do you not find that worrying?

I find your trajectory worrying.

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:34 - Sep 23 with 4017 viewsjeera

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:33 - Sep 23 by Lamp

What on earth is this paragraph rattling on about in The Critic article?

"Luckily for them, the UK only has a limited amount of wifi data per month and unfortunately in June 2020 we had run out of data because of constant Covid-19 internet searches. We were all waiting for July when our monthly allotment of data would be renewed so we could checkout BLM. Isn’t it always the case that you run out of data at the most inconvenient times!"

Far Right humour apparently.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:36 - Sep 23 with 3998 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, yes. I wondered where that came from. It's bound to be isn't it, as BLM say that they are a movement for all black people irrespective of gender, sexual preference, etc. That's bound to threaten the outdated views of the conservative (small 'c'), evangelical right types.

There's a lot of effort going into discrediting a movement that wants to end racism. I'm not sure spreading that effort is a particularly good look.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:38 - Sep 23 with 3978 viewsHerbivore

Genuinely, seek help.

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:41 - Sep 23 with 3964 viewsMullet

The whole thing is a snobbish whine, full of digs and self-congratulatory excuses. Have you even read it?

He's clearly a prejudiced snob, and given the inferences from what he said a bitter racist too trying to hide it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:43 - Sep 23 with 3936 viewsgiant_stow

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:30 - Sep 23 by Lamp

One thing I haven't seen in full is the blog he wrote about BLM. Would be good to see so we can form a judgement at least on if what he wrote was inaccurate or not. Although his paragraph about the BLM website suggests it probably is.

Looks like it's reproduced in full on the petition :

https://www.change.org/p/the-board-of-mancunian-way-petition-to-remove-nick-buck

On a quick read I can't see anything that racist, but could be missing it I spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:46 - Sep 23 with 3925 viewsgiant_stow

Shame about your last para, as I thought it was an interesting link, so ta for that at least.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:52 - Sep 23 with 3888 viewsgiant_stow

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:41 - Sep 23 by Mullet

The whole thing is a snobbish whine, full of digs and self-congratulatory excuses. Have you even read it?

He's clearly a prejudiced snob, and given the inferences from what he said a bitter racist too trying to hide it.

In fairness and assuming the facts are correct, plus allowing for sympathetic writing, this link suggests he's done some good in his time: https://thecritic.co.uk/charity-boss-fired-after-criticising-black-lives-matter/

'Buckley decided to continue the work he’d done for the council [having been made redundant] by helping young people escape gang culture. He ploughed his redundancy money into the charity and for the first two years worked for free.'

Edit: you're right that he's not short on ego and self congratulation, but then again he does have to spell out his credentials in his own defence.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 20:57]

Why the woke movement and cancel culture is so dangerous. on 20:52 - Sep 23 with 3889 viewsSwailsey

You have very worrying, and potentially dangerous views and seem very gullible.

You are antagonistic for the sake of it and as others have said, have openly wished harm.

You genuinely unsettle me.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 20:57]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024