Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni 21:13 - Sep 23 with 1550 viewsElderGrizzly

Bloody Scots!

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:15 - Sep 23 with 1538 viewsCBBlue

Who could have foreseen that happening eh?

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 1508 viewsHerbivore

Sending the yoot dem to uni when virtually all teaching is online is utter madness. Sure fire way to spread the virus much more widely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:23 - Sep 23 with 1501 viewsElderGrizzly

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:21 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

Sending the yoot dem to uni when virtually all teaching is online is utter madness. Sure fire way to spread the virus much more widely.

Yeah, but the Unis want that money from accommodation

There is going to be tens of thousands of cases linked to Universities in the next month. Another 300 at another 2 Scottish universities already
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 1487 viewsHerbivore

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:23 - Sep 23 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, but the Unis want that money from accommodation

There is going to be tens of thousands of cases linked to Universities in the next month. Another 300 at another 2 Scottish universities already

It's a big source of revenue for them and the government has done next to nothing to assist unis losing millions in income. Whole thing is a mess.

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 06:54 - Sep 24 with 1368 viewsBlueBadger

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 21:21 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

The government: it's all young people's fault we're having a second wave
Also the government : EVERYBODY GET BACK TO SCHOOL, UNI AND THE OFFICE RIGHT NOW

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 06:57 - Sep 24 with 1357 viewsmikeybloo88

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 06:54 - Sep 24 by BlueBadger

The government: it's all young people's fault we're having a second wave
Also the government : EVERYBODY GET BACK TO SCHOOL, UNI AND THE OFFICE RIGHT NOW

So what do you think should be happening regarding schools and unis then?
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 07:17 - Sep 24 with 1345 viewspointofblue

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 06:57 - Sep 24 by mikeybloo88

So what do you think should be happening regarding schools and unis then?

Students need to get back to schools and university but instead of mucking around of the A Level the government should have been taking advantage of the lower cases of Covid over the summer to devise a “world class” test and trace system to zero in much faster on the clusters. To have a whole year group isolate because one person has symptoms isn’t feasible in the long term though sensible for now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 07:53 - Sep 24 with 1316 viewsWeWereZombies

Blame Nicola

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 08:44 - Sep 24 with 1288 viewsmikeybloo88

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 07:17 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Students need to get back to schools and university but instead of mucking around of the A Level the government should have been taking advantage of the lower cases of Covid over the summer to devise a “world class” test and trace system to zero in much faster on the clusters. To have a whole year group isolate because one person has symptoms isn’t feasible in the long term though sensible for now.

I agree...but they didn't and we haven't got that system. So, we're stuck....there is no real option to hold all students at home, most have forked out money already for accommodation which, like holidays, will not be refunded if they choose not to use it. I'm taking my son to Newcastle on Saturday to start uni, dropping him in a flat of 9 in one of the worst covid cities in the country. He's not too concerned. Might not even see him at Christmas. My wife is, let's just say, on edge about it all.
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:02 - Sep 24 with 1265 viewsbracknell_blue

More like bloody students! Just wait for the same type of story in England or Wales. Colleague of mine's daughter has just gone to Uni of S Wales (incidentally where my elder son studied) and they are locked down at weekends!

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:24 - Sep 24 with 1255 viewsHerbivore

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:02 - Sep 24 by bracknell_blue

More like bloody students! Just wait for the same type of story in England or Wales. Colleague of mine's daughter has just gone to Uni of S Wales (incidentally where my elder son studied) and they are locked down at weekends!

How are the students meant to avoid catching the virus when they're thrown together in communal accommodation with people from all over the country and are on campuses with thousands of others, similarly from all over the country?

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:28 - Sep 24 with 1236 viewsLamp

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:24 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

How are the students meant to avoid catching the virus when they're thrown together in communal accommodation with people from all over the country and are on campuses with thousands of others, similarly from all over the country?

Well quite. You get bouts of "Freshers Flu" every year at Universities when students return
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 1218 viewseireblue

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:28 - Sep 24 by Lamp

Well quite. You get bouts of "Freshers Flu" every year at Universities when students return

I have a vague recollection, that a percentage of Freshers Flu, is youngsters experiencing hang-overs.
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 12:51 - Sep 24 with 1159 viewsFreddies_Ears

124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 10:28 - Sep 24 by Lamp

Or chlamydia, as it is sometimes known.
124 cases of Covid and 600 isolating within 3 days of arrival at Glasgow Uni on 13:12 - Sep 24 with 1139 viewsArnoldMoorhen

In my opinion it is policy to "get it done" now. There is a strong rumour up here in Scotland that there will be a complete lockdown to coincide with the Autumn Break (Half Term). So get all the students to make their moves now, lock down locally as necessary, then Autumn Break "circuit breaker", no more big movements as we go into flu season.

The lecturers, who are more likely to be in "at risk" categories, will be able to maintain distance by holding lectures online and small group teaching in larger lecture theatres.

It lools like a strategic move, to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024