Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period 23:46 - Sep 23 with 775 viewsMelford

This whole "football family" concept is b*llocks. It's every man for himself and ***k everybody else. There's a quote from somebody who I can't remember the name of that says a crisis either brings out the worst or best in people and it's brought the worst out in football. Top clubs spunking out multi millions on players like normal while there's hundreds of non-league players/coaches/managers at clubs that may well go under unless they get funding. There needs to be some kind of football fund that all the bodies pay into, Premier League, EFL, PFA and the broadcasters that can keep these clubs going.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:50 - Sep 24 with 619 viewsMetal_Hacker

I agree to a point but it'd have to be some humongous pot to bail out the clubs that will be falling by the wayside very soon

Cracking idea but it really would take a lot of money

I guess the other argument being that the clubs run as a business and for the most run at a loss.What other industry in our day to day lives run at a loss ? Not many if any

I haven;t the answer , you're right in your OP and something does need to give because it's scary times ahead

Poll: If it were one or the other

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:51 - Sep 24 with 614 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If I could up vote this more than once, I'd still be clicking.

The Premier League aren't interested in the EFL, all 20 clubs would vote to abolish relegation to the Championship tomorrow if they could, which what causes this watertight trap door that stops the money trickling down the leagues and is killing football.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:52 - Sep 24 with 613 viewsuefacup81

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:50 - Sep 24 by Metal_Hacker

I agree to a point but it'd have to be some humongous pot to bail out the clubs that will be falling by the wayside very soon

Cracking idea but it really would take a lot of money

I guess the other argument being that the clubs run as a business and for the most run at a loss.What other industry in our day to day lives run at a loss ? Not many if any

I haven;t the answer , you're right in your OP and something does need to give because it's scary times ahead

How about the FA imposing a 1% levy on transfer fees and/or wages, which is paid into a solidarity/crisis fund specifically kept to one side for instances such as this?

Edit:

Heck, given that the PL wage bill in 2017/18 was a whopping £2.9bn, even a 0.1% levy would generate £2.9m off wages alone.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:55]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 599 viewsITFC_Forever

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:51 - Sep 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

The Premier League aren't interested in the EFL, all 20 clubs would vote to abolish relegation to the Championship tomorrow if they could, which what causes this watertight trap door that stops the money trickling down the leagues and is killing football.

I'd love the Prem to abolish relegation to the Champ.

All bar the top six would be irrelevant, with no games featuring any other club being important.
With no relegation, there would be nothing for all the other clubs to play for, far less for Sky and the tv companies to get excited about and therefore it reduces the value of the product.

Who's going to want to watch Burnley v Brighton?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:56 - Sep 24 with 592 viewsMetal_Hacker

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:52 - Sep 24 by uefacup81

How about the FA imposing a 1% levy on transfer fees and/or wages, which is paid into a solidarity/crisis fund specifically kept to one side for instances such as this?

Edit:

Heck, given that the PL wage bill in 2017/18 was a whopping £2.9bn, even a 0.1% levy would generate £2.9m off wages alone.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:55]

Or just getting rid of agents fees !!!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:56 - Sep 24 with 590 viewstractorboy1978

One thing I've learnt during this pandemic period on 08:51 - Sep 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is why I find club votes on matters absolutely daft. Of course each individual club is going to vote in their own self-interest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024