Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK 07:31 - Sep 24 with 3075 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 19:58 - Sep 24 with 505 viewsSwansea_Blue

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 19:38 - Sep 24 by lowhouseblue

or people are no longer prepared to turn a blind eye to this stuff and more of it is being reported. in which case hurrah.

There could well be a part of this that's an artifact of reporting. I've no idea.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 23:17 - Sep 24 with 457 viewsmonytowbray

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 19:58 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

There could well be a part of this that's an artifact of reporting. I've no idea.

I think it would be hard to deny racism has become heavily normalised in society again too.

Stuff I hear people say out loud in public these days is incredible.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 00:58 - Sep 25 with 420 viewslinhdi

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 08:25 - Sep 24 by Steve_M

I think that there are issues with unconscious bias training, it's very hard to show any quantifiable benefit but this is as clear an exemplar of unconscious bias as one could see.

A friend of mine is a corporate member at the new Tottenham stadium. She has been told, several times, at the corporate entrance that "this is the Premium area - you need to go to the turnstiles". On getting in, she has twice been warned "Staff must wear a pass at all times - where is yours?".
You will have guessed, she is black.
A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 16:07 - Sep 25 with 349 viewsBlueBadger

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 10:29 - Sep 24 by Pinewoodblue

Subconscious profiling is everywhere. It isn’t just race related appearance, the way you speak, your age etc.

Oh yeah. Did it myself the other day. Got called out to see someone on the ward, did my look-over on the punter, fiddled about with a few things and decided on some recommendations going forward.

Sadly, the smartly dressed Asian lad at the desk that I tried to hand over a lot of technical medical stuff to wasn't the junior doctor, he was the ward clerk. The junior doctor was a young white lass in scrubs that I'd mistaken for a new nursing assistant.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 16:27 - Sep 25 with 335 viewsSwansea_Blue

A thread for people who don't think racism a big problem in the UK on 23:17 - Sep 24 by monytowbray

I think it would be hard to deny racism has become heavily normalised in society again too.

Stuff I hear people say out loud in public these days is incredible.

I suspect you're right - it feels more prevalent now, and that's just online. There could be a reporting artifact to account for some of the increases but it's highly unlikely to account for a doubling in a single year. You'd need to really dig into the background behind the headlines and top level stats to fully understand though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024