Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds 08:05 - Sep 24 with 1035 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54274142

WTAF?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:27 - Sep 24 with 999 viewsportmanking

If you know your onions, it's not actually as crazy as it sounds, certainly from a commercial POV.

Wrexham are one of the only profitable non-league clubs, despite their failure to make inroads at the top end of the National League. They have the infrastructure and fan base to get back in the EFL no doubt.
Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:36 - Sep 24 with 980 viewsDanTheMan

I'm looking forward to Always Sunny in Wrexham.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:38]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:36 - Sep 24 with 978 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:27 - Sep 24 by portmanking

If you know your onions, it's not actually as crazy as it sounds, certainly from a commercial POV.

Wrexham are one of the only profitable non-league clubs, despite their failure to make inroads at the top end of the National League. They have the infrastructure and fan base to get back in the EFL no doubt.

...even so, not much upside in the prospect of running a small Welsh football club in the EFL.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:43 - Sep 24 with 967 viewsportmanking

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:36 - Sep 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

...even so, not much upside in the prospect of running a small Welsh football club in the EFL.

If it's commercially profitable, why not? And what's to say they can't get into League Two and 'do a Wycombe/Yeovil/Burton'?
Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:47 - Sep 24 with 961 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:43 - Sep 24 by portmanking

If it's commercially profitable, why not? And what's to say they can't get into League Two and 'do a Wycombe/Yeovil/Burton'?

IF its commercially profitable? That's a big IF in the current market.

Are Wycombe / Yeovil / Burton producing profits for their owners?

That's my point, there's not money in getting into the Championship for example. Increased operating costs eat up all the increased t/o.

Yeovil could present an interesting case study;

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yeovil-town-football

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-burton-albion-
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:57]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:51 - Sep 24 with 949 viewsportmanking

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:47 - Sep 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

IF its commercially profitable? That's a big IF in the current market.

Are Wycombe / Yeovil / Burton producing profits for their owners?

That's my point, there's not money in getting into the Championship for example. Increased operating costs eat up all the increased t/o.

Yeovil could present an interesting case study;

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yeovil-town-football

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-burton-albion-
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:57]

There's no if about it, Wrexham are a profitable club. One of the only in non-league.

You'd imagine that the likes of Burton and Wycombe will have certainly turned over a profit from their Championship exploits.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:54 - Sep 24 with 944 viewsjudespiveyg

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:36 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

'The Gang Buys A Welsh Football Club'
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:55]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:54 - Sep 24 with 943 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:51 - Sep 24 by portmanking

There's no if about it, Wrexham are a profitable club. One of the only in non-league.

You'd imagine that the likes of Burton and Wycombe will have certainly turned over a profit from their Championship exploits.

Its a massive IF. I would be amazed if they post a profit this financial year, or next.

"You'd imagine that the likes of Burton and Wycombe will have certainly turned over a profit from their Championship exploits."

....why? The Championship is a financial car crash.

Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 938 viewsportmanking

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:54 - Sep 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a massive IF. I would be amazed if they post a profit this financial year, or next.

"You'd imagine that the likes of Burton and Wycombe will have certainly turned over a profit from their Championship exploits."

....why? The Championship is a financial car crash.

It's a car crash if you are Derby, Forest, Wednesday et al.

The Burtons, Wycombes and Yeovils will have spent a tiny fraction of what other Championship clubs do.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/0203-accounts/
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:56]
Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 938 viewsgiant_stow

I couldn;t see anything about what his motivation is - going by the name alone, are his paretns welsh and he's just a fan?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:58 - Sep 24 with 923 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:55 - Sep 24 by portmanking

It's a car crash if you are Derby, Forest, Wednesday et al.

The Burtons, Wycombes and Yeovils will have spent a tiny fraction of what other Championship clubs do.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/0203-accounts/
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:56]

I raise you;

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 09:04 - Sep 24 with 900 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:55 - Sep 24 by giant_stow

I couldn;t see anything about what his motivation is - going by the name alone, are his paretns welsh and he's just a fan?

Maybe just picking up a club to make a good narrative for a Netflix / Amazon documentary...

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:06 - Sep 24 with 892 viewsDanTheMan

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:54 - Sep 24 by judespiveyg

I would genuinely love to see that episode.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 858 viewsSuperblue95

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:06 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

I would genuinely love to see that episode.

Well through God all things are possible, so jot that down.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 838 viewsbracknell_blue

For an old fogey like me who knows nowt about so-called celebrities, who the feck is Ryan Reynolds? Asking for a friend, of course

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 10:04 - Sep 24 with 833 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Who he?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 813 viewsGunnsAirkick

Wrexham are potentially being taken over by Ryan Reynolds on 08:36 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:29]
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:31 - Sep 24 with 796 viewsGunnsAirkick

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:54 - Sep 24 by judespiveyg

Sorry, I didn't see your post, haha.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024