Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown 08:16 - Sep 24 with 1575 viewsjonnysuave

I'm no (investigative) journalist, but it's clear that the Marcus Evans Group will be hit just as badly by the second lockdown as the first.

With the Chancellor announcing new Covid packages we might want to keep an eye on what they are doing for events and hospitality sectors as this could have a massive affect on the future of Ipswich Town.

Though not all of ME's companies and money is earned through events. It appears to be the majority, so how can he deal with another 6 months - 1 year or more?

A quick scoot over to Companies House doesn't reveal much, so wonder if anyone has looked further into this....

Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 08:25 - Sep 24 with 1527 viewstractorboy1978

No doubt he's been affected, as most people and businesses have been in some way. I'd imagine he's adjusted though and their business model now incorporates a lot more virtual training, conferencing etc. He also seems to deal mainly with larger corporates around the world, not Sally's Florist up the road so I'd imagine little danger of his customer base eroding too much.

I've also read several times the gearing ratio of his companies is very low and they don't rely on bank loans and external debt which helps.
Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 08:54 - Sep 24 with 1446 viewsMonkeyAlan

He is a very shrewd business man. I suspect he has changed his business models to help suit the situation. He is just a cr@p football club owner, that he cant seem to get right.
Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 09:14 - Sep 24 with 1387 viewsBloomBlue

Like most businesses the ME group will struggle, possibly end up bankrupt and ITFC placed in the realms of history to appear as part of a question in a general knowledge quiz in 40 years "name the 4 football clubs who have won the FA Cup but don't exist now"
Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 19:32 - Sep 24 with 1198 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 20:19 - Sep 24 with 1097 viewsElderGrizzly

This could very easily be Evans talking about himself:

“We are heading for a perfect storm in football. Owners, whose own businesses may well be suffering losses, will get to a point where they are not in a position to continue to cover substantial deficits at their football club.”
Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 20:52 - Sep 24 with 1038 viewsArnieM

Evans has stumped up enough for ITFC don’t you think? He can’t compete with Sky pimps.

Anyway potential good new for EFL?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54284737

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 975 viewsclive_baker

The sectors ME operates in have been utterly decimated by COVID, so no doubt they're feeling the pinch. I'm sure they've pivoted certain elements and reverted to online events etc, but no doubt they're having a rough time of it.

Relative to most clubs at this level he's still got to be one of the most capitalised owners though. We're probably more robust than most as a result.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 21:52 - Sep 24 with 903 viewspeterleeblue

Marcus Evans Group and 2nd Lockdown on 08:54 - Sep 24 by MonkeyAlan

He is a very shrewd business man. I suspect he has changed his business models to help suit the situation. He is just a cr@p football club owner, that he cant seem to get right.

Ironically (its took a Global Pandemic to achieve it) he may end up being on the Least Crap owners ever!!
If Town can get their act together this season and get out of league 1. the reformed Prem 2 may well be the catalyst to a sale and better times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024