Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second National Lockdown Sweepstake 08:27 - Sep 24 with 1697 viewsdickie

Anyone want to get one going? What date?
Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:29 - Sep 24 with 1694 viewspointofblue

Monday 26th October - to coincide with half term.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:32 - Sep 24 with 1681 viewsdickie

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:29 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Probably a wise one, I'll go for the Saturday 24th
Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:33 - Sep 24 with 1677 viewspointofblue

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:32 - Sep 24 by dickie

Probably a wise one, I'll go for the Saturday 24th

I was tempted to but for some reason this government likes to have one last weekend before bringing in measures.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:36 - Sep 24 with 1659 viewsTractorWood

The Government will have at least another 10 days of faffing. They seemed to have not realised that (for a variety of reasons) people aren't really listening to them any more.

My guess is that they'll announce with 3 days notice so that we can have last days of Rome boozing and horrendous panic buying again.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:38]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:39 - Sep 24 with 1650 viewshomer_123

Can I choose 'Too late' please.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:42 - Sep 24 with 1638 viewsgiant_stow

a week today

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 09:18 - Sep 24 with 1593 viewsEastTownBlue

To allow two weeks from Tuesday's announcement to have little impact, 6th October.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 9:18]
Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 10:45 - Sep 24 with 1520 viewsFixed_It

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:33 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

I was tempted to but for some reason this government likes to have one last weekend before bringing in measures.

Probably wise to watch the weather forecast. If it's sunny...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 10:53 - Sep 24 with 1516 viewsStokieBlue

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:36 - Sep 24 by TractorWood

The Government will have at least another 10 days of faffing. They seemed to have not realised that (for a variety of reasons) people aren't really listening to them any more.

My guess is that they'll announce with 3 days notice so that we can have last days of Rome boozing and horrendous panic buying again.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 8:38]

If people aren't listening to them anymore then what difference does it make what measures they bring in?

Unless the police start prosecuting everyone nothing will change.

Whilst I understand the reasons behind it, the push to get people to matches is just an example of the disconnect between risk and denial.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:01 - Sep 24 with 1493 viewsTractorWood

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 10:53 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

If people aren't listening to them anymore then what difference does it make what measures they bring in?

Whilst I understand the reasons behind it, the push to get people to matches is just an example of the disconnect between risk and denial.

SB

I think a state imposed lockdown like the end of March will be adhered to but the pubs closing at 10 not 11 and other things like rule of 6 are flouted. I assume people are just having two groups of 5 now.

I think people's desire to get football back is naïve but it's also understandable if it's their main passion and hobby. I have a triathlon this weekend with a decent sized field that appears to be going ahead. I want to do it because I love triathlon and it was quite expensive but in reality it's madness that 1,500 people from all over the country can do it because you have to wear a mask first thing and there is some hand sanitiser dotted around so it is 'covid secure'.

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:03 - Sep 24 with 1488 viewsBloomBlue

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 10:53 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

SB

We need to get the army on the streets. People laughed at those scenes in China of people dragged from their homes and put into cages in the back of vans but that's the only option, find the CV19 carriers and lock them up
Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:03 - Sep 24 with 1487 viewsGuthrum

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 08:29 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

That, so I understand, was the plan.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:08 - Sep 24 with 1477 viewsStokieBlue

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:01 - Sep 24 by TractorWood

I think a state imposed lockdown like the end of March will be adhered to but the pubs closing at 10 not 11 and other things like rule of 6 are flouted. I assume people are just having two groups of 5 now.

I think people's desire to get football back is naïve but it's also understandable if it's their main passion and hobby. I have a triathlon this weekend with a decent sized field that appears to be going ahead. I want to do it because I love triathlon and it was quite expensive but in reality it's madness that 1,500 people from all over the country can do it because you have to wear a mask first thing and there is some hand sanitiser dotted around so it is 'covid secure'.

If you feel it's madness then why are you still planning to attend?

This is what I meant between a disconnect between risk and what people actually want to do.

It's not against the rules though so have fun and hopefully it will all pass off with no issues.

I will further add the rules in general are all over the place which is the real problem.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:19 - Sep 24 with 1465 viewsclive_baker

Perhaps won't come as a great surprise to anyone but the talk in the NHS is that they're preparing for this 2nd spike that could well be more challenging than the first one. My wife is a nurse, just finishing up her last couple of weeks at St George's before transferring to West Suffolk. They've essentially been told to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

We had more confirmed cases in the UK yesterday than on any day during the previous peak. Perhaps a result of increased testing, but the upward trend can't be ignored and it doesn't feel to me like the latest measures go far enough in quashing that.

To be fair, we've been warned of a 2nd lockdown from back in March, the suggestion has always been that pulsing such lockdowns is going to be the way to deal with it, and having done so before, opening up the economy and allowing businesses to make some hay while the sun was shining (literally too) has hopefully protected some jobs and allowed them to build up cash reserves ahead of winter. There's no perfect solution unfortunately.

I'm going for a full 3 week lockdown to begin from 26th October. Get the numbers right back down again and hope we can limp through Flu season as best we can.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:40 - Sep 24 with 1440 viewsTractorWood

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:08 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

If you feel it's madness then why are you still planning to attend?

This is what I meant between a disconnect between risk and what people actually want to do.

It's not against the rules though so have fun and hopefully it will all pass off with no issues.

I will further add the rules in general are all over the place which is the real problem.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:12]

Exactly. It's the cost and months of training versus attending something that has been allowed under Government and federation rules.

The rules shouldn't allow and then everyone knows where they are.

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:46 - Sep 24 with 1420 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:19 - Sep 24 by clive_baker

Perhaps won't come as a great surprise to anyone but the talk in the NHS is that they're preparing for this 2nd spike that could well be more challenging than the first one. My wife is a nurse, just finishing up her last couple of weeks at St George's before transferring to West Suffolk. They've essentially been told to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

We had more confirmed cases in the UK yesterday than on any day during the previous peak. Perhaps a result of increased testing, but the upward trend can't be ignored and it doesn't feel to me like the latest measures go far enough in quashing that.

To be fair, we've been warned of a 2nd lockdown from back in March, the suggestion has always been that pulsing such lockdowns is going to be the way to deal with it, and having done so before, opening up the economy and allowing businesses to make some hay while the sun was shining (literally too) has hopefully protected some jobs and allowed them to build up cash reserves ahead of winter. There's no perfect solution unfortunately.

I'm going for a full 3 week lockdown to begin from 26th October. Get the numbers right back down again and hope we can limp through Flu season as best we can.

But aren't the majority of the new cases being found in the younger population who are much less likely to need to go to hospital? If so, keep them away from the more vulnerable and it doesn't have to become so serious again, no?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 12:18 - Sep 24 with 1387 viewsclive_baker

Second National Lockdown Sweepstake on 11:46 - Sep 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

But aren't the majority of the new cases being found in the younger population who are much less likely to need to go to hospital? If so, keep them away from the more vulnerable and it doesn't have to become so serious again, no?

Certainly a massive failing of the government was allowing this to get into care homes, by moving elderly people from hospitals to free up beds. It was like letting a fox loose in a chicken coop.

It's easier said than done to just protect the vulnerable though. The more non vulnerable carriers, the more vulnerable people will come into contact with it. If nurses, doctors, carers, delivery drivers are carrying the thing, inevitably a large amount of elderly and vulnerable will be exposed to it. Prevention is better than cure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024