Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New NHS Covid App... 12:49 - Sep 24 with 5841 viewsitfcjoe

....anyone used it yet?

I had a meeting in a pub at 10am this morning, was one of 3 people in the pub in the meeting (landlord, pubco representative and me) but we had to check in.

Your check in remains until you check in somewhere else, or at midnight that day.

So you can't check out, so I'm effectively now in what becomes a very busy drinkers pub in Brentwood for the rest of the day*

Has anyone had a similar problem as yet, but seems nonsensical that you can't check out of a venue - when app has GPS so can clearly show no longer in that area.

*I stopped in at the gym on way home to just check in elsewhere as thought less risky

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New NHS Covid App... on 16:38 - Sep 24 with 1816 viewslongtimefan

New NHS Covid App... on 16:17 - Sep 24 by Steve_M

To add to the thread, it doesn't even seem to use proper QR codes:

https://www.revk.uk/2020/09/how-not-to-qr-nhs-c19-app.html

To be honest that reads as a let’s tear this to pieces as much as we can even though most of the points are not really relevant to the context type of article. The whole point is for people to use the app so it really doesn’t matter if the app is the only way to do that. Perhaps the only valid criticism is the lack of info pointing to the app, but publicising that really ought to be everywhere.
UPDATED RESPONSE on 16:44 - Sep 24 with 1807 viewsjeera

UPDATED RESPONSE on 15:24 - Sep 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That doesn’t make sense though - as in the OP’s case if he went home and didn’t sign into another ‘venue’ the app would record him as being there all day. So those tracers looking into a case from someone at say midday would assume the OP was there at the time. Clearly there is a need to check out as most things people do will not be a ‘venue’

What a load of rubbish

World beating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:46 - Sep 24 with 1808 viewsJ2BLUE

Just seen on Sky News that this app uses your phone's bluetooth to scan the area. I assume Joe checking in gives the human checkers/app a reduced list of people to look at to see if bluetooth confirms they were in the area at the same time as someone else.

I doubt he'll get an alert unless the bluetooth scanner places him there at the same time as someone who now has to self isolate?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:49 - Sep 24 with 1800 viewsPlums

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:46 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

Just seen on Sky News that this app uses your phone's bluetooth to scan the area. I assume Joe checking in gives the human checkers/app a reduced list of people to look at to see if bluetooth confirms they were in the area at the same time as someone else.

I doubt he'll get an alert unless the bluetooth scanner places him there at the same time as someone who now has to self isolate?

I use a Bluetooth speaker connected to my iPad or phone all over the house. My phone will also connect to my car from inside the house. How many false positives is this thing going to pick up if my neighbours are in range?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

UPDATED RESPONSE on 16:51 - Sep 24 with 1791 viewslongtimefan

UPDATED RESPONSE on 15:24 - Sep 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That doesn’t make sense though - as in the OP’s case if he went home and didn’t sign into another ‘venue’ the app would record him as being there all day. So those tracers looking into a case from someone at say midday would assume the OP was there at the time. Clearly there is a need to check out as most things people do will not be a ‘venue’

What a load of rubbish

I suspect they didn’t bother with a logging out process as the majority of users would just forget anyway. It’s not as if it doesn’t carry on doing its normal Bluetooth based interrogation just because you have logged into a venue though. The logging in at the venue is really just an electronic form of signing in on the lapped list at the door.
New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:57 - Sep 24 with 1784 viewsIpswichKnight

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:46 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

yep it gives you points based on how close you come to someone who later tests positive and for how long you were close to them, for it to trigger an alert and tell you to self isolate and get a test you need to hit 900 points

0-2M in a 5 minute period 300 points
2-4M in a 5 minute period 150 points
4+ M away 0 points

your encounters with the same person are added up over the course of the day.
New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 17:10 - Sep 24 with 1768 viewsEireannach_gorm

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:57 - Sep 24 by IpswichKnight

yep it gives you points based on how close you come to someone who later tests positive and for how long you were close to them, for it to trigger an alert and tell you to self isolate and get a test you need to hit 900 points

0-2M in a 5 minute period 300 points
2-4M in a 5 minute period 150 points
4+ M away 0 points

your encounters with the same person are added up over the course of the day.

The Irish version has been available since 7th July and nearly a quarter of the population have it installed.

This is how it works. https://covidtracker.gov.ie/how-the-app-works/

There were power issues with Android phones but they have been resolved.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-tracker-app-1-500-people-downloa
New NHS Covid App... on 17:19 - Sep 24 with 1759 viewsjaykay

months ago google downloaded a covid 19 support on my phone. looking at it , it says to be used with your official health authority app. it also says this might not work on huawei or android below version 6. also blue tooth must be on. so if you a person who doesn't upgrade their phone , has a huawei phone or turn on battery draining blue tooth, it may not work

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

New NHS Covid App... on 18:17 - Sep 24 with 1735 viewssolomon

I’ve installed it today. Bearing in mind my tech knowledge is very limited, the big question is this,

“Is it worthwhile installing and using?”

Yes or no ?
New NHS Covid App... on 18:23 - Sep 24 with 1739 viewshampstead_blue

I've tweaked my app to warn me if any crazy left wing nutters are nearby......Just to give me time to get my gun and start shooting.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

New NHS Covid App... on 18:24 - Sep 24 with 1734 viewsTrequartista

only works on newer iphones so i can't use it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

New NHS Covid App... on 18:31 - Sep 24 with 1730 viewsjaykay

New NHS Covid App... on 18:23 - Sep 24 by hampstead_blue

I've tweaked my app to warn me if any crazy left wing nutters are nearby......Just to give me time to get my gun and start shooting.....

what you saying you would shoot your mouth off if a leftie came near you ?
oh wait

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

New NHS Covid App... on 19:18 - Sep 24 with 1713 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

New NHS Covid App... on 13:03 - Sep 24 by BasingstokeBlue

When will it be announced?

Covid App Weekend. they want everybody over 16 to download it.
New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 21:39 - Sep 24 with 1672 viewseireblue

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 16:49 - Sep 24 by Plums

I use a Bluetooth speaker connected to my iPad or phone all over the house. My phone will also connect to my car from inside the house. How many false positives is this thing going to pick up if my neighbours are in range?

I don’t think audio equipment can pass on Covid, it should be fine.
New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 22:13 - Sep 24 with 1651 viewsPlums

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 21:39 - Sep 24 by eireblue

I don’t think audio equipment can pass on Covid, it should be fine.

Witty

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 22:14 - Sep 24 with 1649 viewsjeera

New NHS Covisolate. id App... on 22:13 - Sep 24 by Plums

Witty

No.

Whitty.

New NHS Covid App... on 22:41 - Sep 24 with 1626 viewsN2_Blue

I would have used it but absolutely refuse to use have bluetooth turned on because it kills my phone. I never use bluetooth so would be totally pointless app.

I'd say most in my family turn off bluetooth on their mobile so i just don't see how this app is going to be effective for large swathes of the general population.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New NHS Covid App... on 05:32 - Sep 25 with 1563 viewsdickie

My friend downloaded it and was reading through the Ts & Cs. Apparently the app collects data for Amazon and Microsoft?
New NHS Covid App... on 06:17 - Sep 25 with 1550 viewsRyorry

New NHS Covid App... on 13:00 - Sep 24 by Reuser_is_God

It seems to me that this app should be being used by everyone but I've seen absolutely nothing about it apart from this post & a few posts on social media of people using it.

Have I missed some big announcement about it telling everybody to get it etc?

Was announced on the news on several BBC radio & TV channels throughout the afty/eve on 24th.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New NHS Covid App... on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 1509 viewstractordownsouth

I can’t use it because my IOS isn’t updated enough. I’ve got an iPhone 6S which to be fair is a few years old. I’m going to do the software update but I’m not sure that it’ll be modern enough for me to install still. If I’m not able to download it unless I spend £200 on a new phone, it is a massive flaw in the system.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

New NHS Covid App... on 13:08 - Sep 25 with 1454 viewsbournemouthblue

Given the ludicrous wait we have had for, you'd hope it was ready

You do wonder if they have rushed it out under pressure and it still isn't fit for purpose

The media should be nailing them on this, it's been nothing short of a scandal how much of a pig's ear they have made of it

Their inneptitude on this is highly likely to lead to a second lockdown and you have to ask why exactly they chose to give the responsibility for this nationally important issue to Dido Harding and Serco

We really need to be asking serious questions here, it doesn't look good to me
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 13:23]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

New NHS Covid App... on 13:25 - Sep 25 with 1440 viewsjeera

New NHS Covid App... on 08:37 - Sep 25 by tractordownsouth

I can’t use it because my IOS isn’t updated enough. I’ve got an iPhone 6S which to be fair is a few years old. I’m going to do the software update but I’m not sure that it’ll be modern enough for me to install still. If I’m not able to download it unless I spend £200 on a new phone, it is a massive flaw in the system.

I have a Samsung mini and likewise, I get a message saying its system is too old.

New NHS Covid App... on 13:45 - Sep 25 with 1414 viewsbluelagos

If you don't have it on your phone does that mean you get refused entry at the pub, gym etc?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

New NHS Covid App... on 14:23 - Sep 25 with 1407 viewsDebsyAngel

Used it today at my hair appointment. I was in there 1 hour and 45 minutes. I am not that happy that once you leave a place, you cannot put that into the information. I have gone straight home after. I am scared that if another client goes in after me and has the virus that I would get a message saying I was at risk even though they may go in hours after I have left.
New NHS Covid App... on 14:47 - Sep 25 with 1393 viewsitfcjoe

New NHS Covid App... on 13:45 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

If you don't have it on your phone does that mean you get refused entry at the pub, gym etc?

No, they have to have back up systems in place to manually record the date, or via another system as they were previously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024