Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New NHS Covid App... 12:49 - Sep 24 with 5783 viewsitfcjoe

....anyone used it yet?

I had a meeting in a pub at 10am this morning, was one of 3 people in the pub in the meeting (landlord, pubco representative and me) but we had to check in.

Your check in remains until you check in somewhere else, or at midnight that day.

So you can't check out, so I'm effectively now in what becomes a very busy drinkers pub in Brentwood for the rest of the day*

Has anyone had a similar problem as yet, but seems nonsensical that you can't check out of a venue - when app has GPS so can clearly show no longer in that area.

*I stopped in at the gym on way home to just check in elsewhere as thought less risky

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New NHS Covid App... on 12:51 - Sep 24 with 3761 viewsBrixtonBlue

No. The answer is you need to stay in the pub all day. It's a new part of the rules.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

New NHS Covid App... on 12:52 - Sep 24 with 3754 viewsJ2BLUE

That is ridiculous. Could you check in a local park or something?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New NHS Covid App... on 12:56 - Sep 24 with 3724 viewsitfcjoe

New NHS Covid App... on 12:52 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

That is ridiculous. Could you check in a local park or something?

You can only check in where there are signs up, thus why i went to the gym to exit that pub - still not ideal

New NHS Covid App... on 12:57 - Sep 24 with 3713 viewsSwansea_Blue

New NHS Covid App... on 12:51 - Sep 24 by BrixtonBlue

No. The answer is you need to stay in the pub all day. It's a new part of the rules.

I think I might be downloading this app after all

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New NHS Covid App... on 13:00 - Sep 24 with 3709 viewsReuser_is_God

It seems to me that this app should be being used by everyone but I've seen absolutely nothing about it apart from this post & a few posts on social media of people using it.

Have I missed some big announcement about it telling everybody to get it etc?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

New NHS Covid App... on 13:01 - Sep 24 with 3687 viewsLeBlue

Classic not-thought-through app.

So, presumably you are now checked in at the gym until midnight?
New NHS Covid App... on 13:03 - Sep 24 with 3668 viewsBasingstokeBlue

When will it be announced?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

New NHS Covid App... on 13:04 - Sep 24 with 3662 viewshomer_123

New NHS Covid App... on 13:00 - Sep 24 by Reuser_is_God

It seems to me that this app should be being used by everyone but I've seen absolutely nothing about it apart from this post & a few posts on social media of people using it.

It's all over the news today RiG.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

New NHS Covid App... on 13:04 - Sep 24 with 3657 viewsDanTheMan

The only thing I saw was something on the news this morning.

No announcement that I've seen, which is strange given what a big deal they were making about it a few months ago.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

New NHS Covid App... on 13:06 - Sep 24 with 3638 viewsArnieM

what's the new app called ( for search purposes )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

UPDATED RESPONSE on 13:07 - Sep 24 with 3634 viewshomer_123

EDITED: Found it now: From the official NHS site:

How does the NHS COVID-19 app know when I’ve left a venue?
The app registers what time you enter a venue but does not register what time you leave.

If people with coronavirus (COVID-19) were at the venue at a similar time as you, a human contact tracer from the Contact Tracing and Advisory Service (CTAS), or the Joint Biosecurity Centre (JBC), will look into the case. They'll evaluate the risk level based on the type of venue and the details of the case. This will help them decide who may be at risk.

You do not need to check out of a venue. Your phone will register when you check into somewhere new, and it will automatically check you out of your last venue at midnight.

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01134/en-us?parentid=CAT-01035&rootid=

We can debate how effective this might be given the projected number of cases and the need for each to be assessed!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 13:12]

New NHS Covid App... on 13:16 - Sep 24 with 3559 viewsSitfcB

New NHS Covid App... on 13:06 - Sep 24 by ArnieM

what's the new app called ( for search purposes )

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-covid-19/id1520427663

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New NHS Covid App... on 13:19 - Sep 24 with 3547 viewsSitfcB

It was only released today but it’s been on all the newS programs, GMB/This Morning etc plus all the bulletins.

I reckon the government will have some tv ads for it shirley.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

UPDATED RESPONSE on 13:20 - Sep 24 with 3535 viewshype313

UPDATED RESPONSE on 13:07 - Sep 24 by homer_123

The app registers what time you enter a venue but does not register what time you leave.

If people with coronavirus (COVID-19) were at the venue at a similar time as you, a human contact tracer from the Contact Tracing and Advisory Service (CTAS), or the Joint Biosecurity Centre (JBC), will look into the case. They'll evaluate the risk level based on the type of venue and the details of the case. This will help them decide who may be at risk.

You do not need to check out of a venue. Your phone will register when you check into somewhere new, and it will automatically check you out of your last venue at midnight.

We can debate how effective this might be given the projected number of cases and the need for each to be assessed!

Am I missing something? Surely, surely the best way to make this work is to check in and out?

Like Joe said, he was in at 10am and left at 11am, if a group of symptomatic people walk in at 11.05 he will get notified to isolate or checked even if he wasn't in the vicinity.

Matt Hancock up to his usual incompetence.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New NHS Covid App... on 13:21 - Sep 24 with 3530 viewsitfcjoe

New NHS Covid App... on 13:01 - Sep 24 by LeBlue

Yep, thought that was a safer bet than what is a busy pub in Brentwood which i assume has more cases than Ipswich

New NHS Covid App... on 13:21 - Sep 24 with 3518 viewsArnieM

New NHS Covid App... on 13:16 - Sep 24 by SitfcB

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-covid-19/id1520427663

thanks for that

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

UPDATED RESPONSE on 13:25 - Sep 24 with 3504 viewshomer_123

UPDATED RESPONSE on 13:20 - Sep 24 by hype313

Am I missing something? Surely, surely the best way to make this work is to check in and out?

Like Joe said, he was in at 10am and left at 11am, if a group of symptomatic people walk in at 11.05 he will get notified to isolate or checked even if he wasn't in the vicinity.

I don't disagree.

As I said, the fact that this needs human intervention to work rather makes the app moot.

Also, it's very clear from other countries that track and trace only works effectively if it's supported by other mechanisms, not least an effective testing programme.

UPDATED RESPONSE on 14:29 - Sep 24 with 3385 viewsPinewoodblue

Response rate will be low. Imagine getting a warning that someone was in the pub four hours after you left...guess it will be ignored.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

New NHS Covid App... on 15:21 - Sep 24 with 3300 viewsSouthBucksBlue

New NHS Covid App... on 13:19 - Sep 24 by SitfcB

It was only released today but it’s been on all the newS programs, GMB/This Morning etc plus all the bulletins.

I reckon the government will have some tv ads for it shirley.

Don’t call me Shirley!
New NHS Covid App... on 15:23 - Sep 24 with 3289 viewsElderGrizzly

It needs at least 50% of the population to use it for it to be worthwhile.

And no, you haven't missed anything!
UPDATED RESPONSE on 15:24 - Sep 24 with 3287 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That doesn’t make sense though - as in the OP’s case if he went home and didn’t sign into another ‘venue’ the app would record him as being there all day. So those tracers looking into a case from someone at say midday would assume the OP was there at the time. Clearly there is a need to check out as most things people do will not be a ‘venue’

What a load of rubbish

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

New NHS Covid App... on 15:25 - Sep 24 with 3280 viewsSwansea_Blue

New NHS Covid App... on 13:01 - Sep 24 by LeBlue

He'll be getting a call from the doping agency next because of being able to pull these all day gym sessions.

UPDATED RESPONSE on 15:27 - Sep 24 with 3278 viewsElderGrizzly

Also, not exactly clear if you need to isolate or not if you got a message:

Mr Hancock told BBC Breakfast: "That self-isolation is voluntary, unlike the mandatory self-isolation if you are called by NHS Test and Trace."

But the Department of Health had earlier said that users must obey the command and would in theory be liable for fines of £1,000 or more if they did not, while acknowledging it had no way to check.

A senior source has since told the BBC that the notification is "advisory" because the authorities cannot legally enforce something that cannot be proved.
UPDATED RESPONSE on 15:28 - Sep 24 with 3273 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's going to HUGELY increase up the number of potential contacts, the vast majority of which won't have been there at the same time as you. So a lot more effort needed to track people down. Although maybe if surface contamination is a consideration that changes things.

New NHS Covid App... on 16:17 - Sep 24 with 3190 viewsSteve_M

To add to the thread, it doesn't even seem to use proper QR codes:

https://www.revk.uk/2020/09/how-not-to-qr-nhs-c19-app.html

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024