Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work 13:27 - Sep 24 with 694 viewsthebooks

little talk of having to pay off the credit card either, so obviously recent converts to MMT too. Marvellous.

(Guess that'll come later.)
Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:34 - Sep 24 with 667 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see that you've taken the context of a global pandemic into account when composing your response.

It's also nothing like UBI, although UBI is certainly something which should be tested and examined more.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:43 - Sep 24 with 642 viewsthebooks

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:34 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Nice to see that you've taken the context of a global pandemic into account when composing your response.

It's also nothing like UBI, although UBI is certainly something which should be tested and examined more.

SB

Well, it's taken a global pandemic to get us here, I guess. Basic principle is the same: the government can fund huge handouts without the economy burning down after all.

UBI would certainly be a lot simpler, even than the Kurzarbeit scheme.
Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:49 - Sep 24 with 627 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:43 - Sep 24 by thebooks

Well, it's taken a global pandemic to get us here, I guess. Basic principle is the same: the government can fund huge handouts without the economy burning down after all.

No, it's nothing like UBI.

How are they funding it?

They haven't made any attempt to fund it yet and it's going to run into many hundreds of billions of pounds. Perhaps best to wait to see how and if they can fund it before making agenda driven points?

Eventually money does need to be repaid.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:49 - Sep 24 with 627 viewshomer_123

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:43 - Sep 24 by thebooks

Hmm, I think it's maybe a little early to tell what the outcome of funding something like 'furlough' is.

I'm not against UBI but it would need funding, properly, and we can't even get our current populous to agree to properly fund the NHS.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:53 - Sep 24 with 609 viewsGeoffSentence

Good to see the Tories demonstrating a UBI could work on 13:49 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

No, it's nothing like UBI.

How are they funding it?

They haven't made any attempt to fund it yet and it's going to run into many hundreds of billions of pounds. Perhaps best to wait to see how and if they can fund it before making agenda driven points?

Eventually money does need to be repaid.

SB

Most basically, it isn't universal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024