Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Matt Hancock thick? 14:53 - Sep 24 with 11542 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why on earth would he rule out the ridiculous idea that students could be banned from returning home for Christmas.

As if any government, even the Tories, would dare ask millions of students to stay the other side of the country and not see their families on Christmas Day. And as if any student would listen and stay at university, some of which will be first year students in halls - potentially very lonely.

So why on earth would he not rule it out? All he’s done by that is scare some students. Already seen two people message in group chats this morning about the horrible idea of being stuck at university for Christmas. It’s just absolute nonsense. I can’t work out what would g through his head to even put the idea into the minds of the public by not ruling it out. Absolute tit. Sorry for yet another bloody rant.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:12 - Sep 24 with 2802 viewsSpruceMoose

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:09 - Sep 24 by hampstead_blue

I do see your point, clearly. I just do not agree.

I've worked over Christmas on many occasions in my 20's, away from home, and it was great. Actually it was in terrible conditions but.......

Missing 1, one, ONE festive season should not bring forth waves of mental health problems.
I find it sad that young people are that fragile.

Again we see the failure to put yourself in the mind of someone else and extend them some empathy.

Everything, absolutely everything for you seems to be framed through the lens of 'how would this impact me?'.

It doesn't matter if it seems ridiculous to you. If someone tells you they are struggling with something you should respect that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:12 - Sep 24 with 2801 viewsPinewoodblue

I've worked over Christmas on many occasions in my 20's, away from home, and it was great. Actually it was in terrible conditions but.......

Missing 1, one, ONE festive season should not bring forth waves of mental health problems.

They will be organising protest gathering next to get their point over.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 2801 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

But who are you to say what should and shouldn’t ‘bring forth ways of mental health problems’.

I’m going to gracefully bow out on this one because I’m emotionally invested in the potential argument and wouldn’t want it to spoil what has been an interesting thread I thinks. I’m out.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 2803 viewsfactual_blue

Yes. Spectacularly thick.

Next question?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:14 - Sep 24 with 2800 viewsjudespiveyg

I can see the reason behind it but no one in their right mind would think anyone would actually follow those guidelines. Everyone would just go home regardless of what the government says.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:16 - Sep 24 with 2791 viewsStokieBlue

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:14 - Sep 24 by judespiveyg

I can see the reason behind it but no one in their right mind would think anyone would actually follow those guidelines. Everyone would just go home regardless of what the government says.

What about the families who can't already celebrate Christmas if the rules are here for 6 months due to the rule of 6?

Should all those people ignore the rules?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:19 - Sep 24 with 2772 viewsjudespiveyg

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:16 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

What about the families who can't already celebrate Christmas if the rules are here for 6 months due to the rule of 6?

Should all those people ignore the rules?

SB

Not saying they should, just that they inevitably will.

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:21 - Sep 24 with 2768 viewsjeera

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:14 - Sep 24 by judespiveyg

I don't think it would unreasonable for those wishing to go home to self-isolate in their rooms from the end of term to the day they return home. Assuming there's a sufficient gap. Perhaps that's something the universities should suggest.

That wouldn't be enforceable either of course but if students who have a problem with it want to be treated as adults, be taken seriously and not pose a risk to their families, then surely that's something they would be on board with.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 2755 viewsjudespiveyg

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:21 - Sep 24 by jeera

I don't think it would unreasonable for those wishing to go home to self-isolate in their rooms from the end of term to the day they return home. Assuming there's a sufficient gap. Perhaps that's something the universities should suggest.

That wouldn't be enforceable either of course but if students who have a problem with it want to be treated as adults, be taken seriously and not pose a risk to their families, then surely that's something they would be on board with.

See there's a plan that makes perfect sense that people would adhere to.

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 2755 viewsStokieBlue

That only works if the transfer from the rooms to their parents homes is point-to-point (ie. directly in their own car).

For the vast majority it would involve longer train journeys and risk of infection during the journey making the self-isolation possibly worthless.

It's a really hard one because even with self-isolation there are lots of non-students who still can't see their families due to the rule of 6.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 16:26]

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:27 - Sep 24 with 2748 viewsjeera

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:25 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

That only works if the transfer from the rooms to their parents homes is point-to-point (ie. directly in their own car).

For the vast majority it would involve longer train journeys and risk of infection during the journey making the self-isolation possibly worthless.

It's a really hard one because even with self-isolation there are lots of non-students who still can't see their families due to the rule of 6.

SB

Hey, if an old boy like Lagos can cycle all that way...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 2744 viewsSpruceMoose

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:25 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

SB

How's that teleportation device that you've been working on coming along?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 2747 viewslongtimefan

That’s effectively what my son did in the Easter break last year. Many had left for home before then but he stayed there on his own for a couple of weeks before coming home. Also the Uni did not charge for accommodation for the last term as it was unused for the duration. They’ve amended the contract this year so that he’s got to pay each term regardless of whether he’s there or not.
Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:32 - Sep 24 with 2735 viewsStokieBlue

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:28 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

How's that teleportation device that you've been working on coming along?

Needs work...

SB

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:42 - Sep 24 with 2709 views26_Paz

It’s utter madness mate. If that had happened when I was at uni there would be somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope of me complying ...

The Paz Man

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:43 - Sep 24 with 2705 viewsStokieBlue

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:42 - Sep 24 by 26_Paz

It’s utter madness mate. If that had happened when I was at uni there would be somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope of me complying ...

Why doesn't that surprise me....

Will you be complying with the rule of 6 at Christmas?

SB

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:44 - Sep 24 with 2704 viewsSpruceMoose

Wait... You're university educated?!?!

I'd ask for a refund mate. You're supposed to come out smarter, not dimmer.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 16:44]

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:44 - Sep 24 with 2699 viewslongtimefan

Quelle surprise
Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:47 - Sep 24 with 2686 views26_Paz

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:44 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Wait... You're university educated?!?!

I'd ask for a refund mate. You're supposed to come out smarter, not dimmer.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 16:44]

Twice over my friend

The Paz Man

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 with 2685 views26_Paz

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:43 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Why doesn't that surprise me....

Will you be complying with the rule of 6 at Christmas?

SB

Usually go to my parents, not sure who is going this year but I’m not going to turn down the invite if there’s 7 people there ...

The Paz Man

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 with 2694 viewsPJH

Surely you would go down the pub at 11 o'clock at night with your thirty mates that have just got off their flight from somewhere or other and discuss it first.
Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 with 2692 viewsSpruceMoose

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:47 - Sep 24 by 26_Paz

Twice over my friend

Didn't quite stick the first time round?

I'm so curious as to what you studied and where...!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 16:50]

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:50 - Sep 24 with 2679 viewshomer_123

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Didn't quite stick the first time round?

I'm so curious as to what you studied and where...!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 16:50]

BOOM!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:51 - Sep 24 with 2676 viewshomer_123

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 by 26_Paz

Usually go to my parents, not sure who is going this year but I’m not going to turn down the invite if there’s 7 people there ...

Maybe your parents won't invite you?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:51 - Sep 24 with 2674 viewsStokieBlue

Is Matt Hancock thick? on 16:48 - Sep 24 by 26_Paz

Thought you said the other day you always follow the rules?

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024