Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest daily total so far... 17:53 - Sep 24 with 2113 viewsSitfcB

But then how many tests were done yesterday compared to when we were at the ‘peak’ a few months back...? 🤔

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Highest daily total so far... on 18:00 - Sep 24 with 2077 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a valid point. There is also an element of chicken and egg tied up in that point. More people are getting tests as more people are getting ill (granted, there are many negative tests too, so they're not all getting ill with Covid).

But another valid point would be to look at what our testing capacity was just a couple of weeks ago (I suspect the same as now) and look at what's happened to the number of cases in that time.

It's pretty obvious we're having a rapid escalation in the number of people catching the virus. Which is a bit of a long winded way of saying....

Hospital admissions are not taking off anywhere as quickly though. Did we maybe 'clear out' most of the more vulnerable people in the first wave (for want of a better way of saying it ).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Highest daily total so far... on 18:02 - Sep 24 with 2076 viewsDanTheMan

I imagine one of the things to look more closely at in this sort of circumstance is the percentage of tests coming back positive, but even that not is perfect as you could be testing differently.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Highest daily total so far... on 18:08 - Sep 24 with 2039 viewsSwansea_Blue

Highest daily total so far... on 18:02 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

I imagine one of the things to look more closely at in this sort of circumstance is the percentage of tests coming back positive, but even that not is perfect as you could be testing differently.

Just based on anecdotal evidence it's obviously spreading. Around me we're getting cases cropping up in places (schools, universities, sports clubs, etc.) that simply haven't had cases before.

Quite right that there's a lot of unpicking to do on these figures though. This will be keeping the next generation of PhD students well stocked with material for their theses.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Highest daily total so far... on 18:17 - Sep 24 with 2002 viewslongtimefan

There’s no doubt that cases are rapidly increasing now, but the fact that this is reported as the largest daily increase is misleading, as the numbers reported in March/April were artificially low due to the Level of testing then.
Highest daily total so far... on 18:19 - Sep 24 with 1992 viewsDanTheMan

Highest daily total so far... on 18:17 - Sep 24 by longtimefan

There’s no doubt that cases are rapidly increasing now, but the fact that this is reported as the largest daily increase is misleading, as the numbers reported in March/April were artificially low due to the Level of testing then.

Oh agreed, I'm not trying to suggest otherwise. Just is interesting trying to work out just how bad it is now vs then, especially given the widely different reactions to it.

As swansea says, I'm sure this will be very interesting to researchers in the coming decades.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Highest daily total so far... on 19:08 - Sep 24 with 1924 viewshype313

Highest daily total so far... on 18:08 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

Just based on anecdotal evidence it's obviously spreading. Around me we're getting cases cropping up in places (schools, universities, sports clubs, etc.) that simply haven't had cases before.

Quite right that there's a lot of unpicking to do on these figures though. This will be keeping the next generation of PhD students well stocked with material for their theses.

Interestingly cases in Suffolk are going down week by week.

Open up PR!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Highest daily total so far... on 01:04 - Sep 25 with 1741 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest daily total so far... on 19:08 - Sep 24 by hype313

Interestingly cases in Suffolk are going down week by week.

Open up PR!

Source?

The tracking ap has us as a medium risk which means an area where cases are rising.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Highest daily total so far... on 06:21 - Sep 25 with 1659 viewsElderGrizzly

For context, they estimated 100,000 people were being infected every single day in March and April. We just didn’t have the testing to prove it.

Hospital admissions in about 7 days will be the new one to watch
Login to get fewer ads

Highest daily total so far... on 07:11 - Sep 25 with 1603 viewsSteve_M

That was definitely the case, I think Whitty and Vallance made reference to that on Monday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Highest daily total so far... on 07:31 - Sep 25 with 1578 viewsSteve_M

This thread has some context on that:

Highest daily total so far... on 09:08 - Sep 25 with 1465 viewsthebluewizzard

Highest daily total so far... on 01:04 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Source?

The tracking ap has us as a medium risk which means an area where cases are rising.

BBC shows:-

East Suffolk
4 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep. The average area in England had 19.
10 cases in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep -11 compared with the previous week
961 total cases to 23 Sep
220 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 11 Sep

Mid Suffolk
4 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep. The average area in England had 19.
4 cases in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep
-3 compared with the previous week
371 total cases to 23 Sep
77 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 11 Sep

West Suffolk
13 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep. The average area in England had 19.
24cases in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep -6 compared with the previous week
617 total cases to 23 Sep
81 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 11 Sep
Highest daily total so far... on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 1434 viewsPinewoodblue

Highest daily total so far... on 09:08 - Sep 25 by thebluewizzard

East Suffolk

Mid Suffolk

West Suffolk
13 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 14 Sep-20 Sep. The average area in England had 19.

Sadly the poster you are responding to is talking rubbishy, they have misunderstood the app. While you input the first part of your post code the risk level is medium because cases are rising within your local authority or a neighboring authority.

So it could mean, if you live in Babergh that cases are rising in Colchester, Tendring or Braintree.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Highest daily total so far... on 09:47 - Sep 25 with 1423 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

A little bit more positive news on the vaccine front though:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-second-covid-19-vaccine-to-begin-advanced

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Highest daily total so far... on 10:23 - Sep 25 with 1400 viewsmanchego

Highest daily total so far... on 18:08 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

My school - 3 teachers and one kid confirmed. It’s staffing that’s going to be the problem if many more teachers get it. Only just coping with cover.
Highest daily total so far... on 00:56 - Sep 26 with 1287 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest daily total so far... on 09:08 - Sep 25 by thebluewizzard

East Suffolk

Mid Suffolk

West Suffolk

Not sure about the rest of your figures but East Suffolk's are now +8 not -11.

16 cases in week 16 Sep to 22 Sep +8 on previous week. 967 total to 25 Sep. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Of course, it maybe that the data has moved in the two days since you quoted but it was stated to be on the rise. I think the app is using longer term trend or more up-to-date information than a rolling weekly figure.

Certainly there is no evidence there is a significant reduction in cases around here currently (although there are also low levels at the moment).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Highest daily total so far... on 06:38 - Sep 26 with 1217 viewsHARRY10

The real question is why are hospital admissions and deaths still relatively low,

Was it the most vulnerable who mostly died in the spring, and so as the infection rate rises the death rate will not this time ?

If so, what it is showing is that the figures are again pretty meaningless in themselves.

People have been mixing more closely recently ....schools universities, but noticeably the figures for those becoming infected are relatively low - and the death rate is again relatively low.

We have no real knowledge of how many are infected, and even what strain they are carrying. The 'r number' is just silly guess work., just as thinking infection numbers are much more of an indication that horoscopes are.
Highest daily total so far... on 08:26 - Sep 26 with 1111 viewsSteve_M

Highest daily total so far... on 06:38 - Sep 26 by HARRY10

The real question is why are hospital admissions and deaths still relatively low,

Was it the most vulnerable who mostly died in the spring, and so as the infection rate rises the death rate will not this time ?

If so, what it is showing is that the figures are again pretty meaningless in themselves.

People have been mixing more closely recently ....schools universities, but noticeably the figures for those becoming infected are relatively low - and the death rate is again relatively low.

We have no real knowledge of how many are infected, and even what strain they are carrying. The 'r number' is just silly guess work., just as thinking infection numbers are much more of an indication that horoscopes are.

I’m not sure they see that low any longer, certainly not hospital admissions.

See the Twitter thread I linked to further up. I think it’s but complacent to conclude the number of cases isn’t that important, the trend is one we all need to be wary of.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024