Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... 23:19 - Sep 24 with 3020 viewsMatt_Netherlands

We go up this season as soon as possible, with no/vastly reduced crowds all season, to help sure up our longer term future....

Or...

We go up next season, when fans are back at games as normal, PR is rocking and we can finally have some success to celebrate at games in person for the first time in quite some while?

Tough one for me. Head obviously says the first, but heart tells me it would be amazing to be there in a packed PR to celebrate promotion.

N.B. Not me getting carried away after two league wins, just a situation that many clubs will face in every league this season!
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:27 - Sep 24 with 2989 viewsStokieBlue

The problem is you can't put aside the financial implications.

With the salary cap it's more important to get up as soon as possible than you enjoy the matches with people in them because if we don't go up then it's unlikely the second scenario will happen as we will have to sell players/not renew contracts.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 23:27]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:42 - Sep 24 with 2964 viewsHerbivore

The first, every day of the week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:43 - Sep 24 with 2957 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:42 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

100%.

The longer we are in this league the harder it'll be to get out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:44 - Sep 24 with 2959 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I can't wait to be uncompetitive in the Championship! What a prize.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:47 - Sep 24 with 2943 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:44 - Sep 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can't wait to be uncompetitive in the Championship! What a prize.

What is that you want then realistically?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:52 - Sep 24 with 2925 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:43 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

100%.

The longer we are in this league the harder it'll be to get out.

Oh and...

Lambert out.

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:54 - Sep 24 with 2916 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:47 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

What is that you want then realistically?

Chill out bro.

Just having a chuckle.

To be honest I enjoy League 1, or the Champ. I enjoy supporting Ipswich.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:08 - Sep 25 with 2889 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:54 - Sep 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

Just having a chuckle.

To be honest I enjoy League 1, or the Champ. I enjoy supporting Ipswich.

Agree to disagree.

Login to get fewer ads

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:19 - Sep 25 with 2869 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:08 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

Agree to disagree.

Good lad.

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:19 - Sep 25 with 2865 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would prefer both ... we go up without any fuss or celebration and then we go up next season with a rocking PR. It really shouldn't feel that big a deal to be promoted to the Championship. It only does/would because we have been starved of any success for so long now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:23 - Sep 25 with 2859 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:19 - Sep 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good lad.

I guess it just means more to some of us!

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 07:20 - Sep 25 with 2758 viewspeterleeblue

Results elsewhere seem to suggest less shock results. The crowd factor hopefully will play into our hands.
Lets get up asap. The future of football may change at lower levels. Ideally we could do with avoiding that.
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 09:38 - Sep 25 with 2673 viewsVaughan8

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 23:42 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

Surely it has to be the first on e?

Its only the "I have to be there" people who would even comtemplate the second.
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 10:54 - Sep 25 with 2635 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The first one.

My initial reaction if we get promoted would be relief rather than celebration. Only tinpot clubs like the Budgies have an open top bus parade for winning this division...

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 11:15 - Sep 25 with 2619 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 10:54 - Sep 25 by southnorfolkblue

The first one.

My initial reaction if we get promoted would be relief rather than celebration. Only tinpot clubs like the Budgies have an open top bus parade for winning this division...

Agreed that it would very much be a feeling of relief. Although given we've been starved of success for so long now (discounting play off campaigns), you couldn't blame the club at all for trying to make as much of promotion as possible.

(If and when it ever happens)
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 11:59 - Sep 25 with 2584 viewsBlueBadger

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 00:19 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would prefer both ... we go up without any fuss or celebration and then we go up next season with a rocking PR. It really shouldn't feel that big a deal to be promoted to the Championship. It only does/would because we have been starved of any success for so long now.

At the end of the day, celebrating promotion out of the third division does kind of feel like the ultimate conclusion to the Banter Era.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 14:32 - Sep 25 with 2526 viewsdeano85

Both...
Vaccine by march, crowds by april, crowned champions by may...
Perfect year..
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 14:47 - Sep 25 with 2517 viewsBluefish

The 1st because the 2nd would have been a bit awkward and tinpot.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 19:01 - Sep 25 with 2464 viewsRonFearonsHair

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 09:38 - Sep 25 by Vaughan8

Surely it has to be the first on e?

Its only the "I have to be there" people who would even comtemplate the second.

Or those of us who take our children, who have seen not a smidgen of success since they started going to matches, and are desperate for that to happen.

That said, I would still take the first one any day. I have dreams of him seeing even better days than success in Division Three.
Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 19:10 - Sep 25 with 2448 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I want us to be relegated year after year until we are in the same league as Copleston then I can watch from my bedroom if the hedge isn't too overgrown.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 20:02 - Sep 25 with 2412 viewsPJH

Putting aside the financial implications, would you rather.... on 19:10 - Sep 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

I want us to be relegated year after year until we are in the same league as Copleston then I can watch from my bedroom if the hedge isn't too overgrown.

Do you not expect Copleston to make the EFL then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024