Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP the police office shot in Croydon 09:11 - Sep 25 with 1290 viewstextbackup

Terrible story

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:31 - Sep 25 with 1235 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely awful news.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:41 - Sep 25 with 1207 viewstextbackup

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:31 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Absolutely awful news.

Not sure I’ve read this correct, but the person was in a police cell, with a gun?!!

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:43 - Sep 25 with 1204 viewsHerbivore

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:41 - Sep 25 by textbackup

Not sure I’ve read this correct, but the person was in a police cell, with a gun?!!

Not sure if they were in a cell but they were at a custody centre. How they got into a custody centre with a gun I have no idea and whoever managed to miss that will be feeling pretty awful right now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 1200 viewsitfcjoe

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:41 - Sep 25 by textbackup

Yep, wither in a cell, or in detention - no idea how that could have been missed...whoever did the search is going to be in pieces now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:47 - Sep 25 with 1186 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:44 - Sep 25 by itfcjoe

Yep, wither in a cell, or in detention - no idea how that could have been missed...whoever did the search is going to be in pieces now

Tragic.

If the killer was determined, you can get tiny guns these days that can be smuggled more easily.

No blame should be attached to anyone at this point apart from the barbaric murderer. Although I do agree that the person who carried out the search will probably be blaming themselves.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 1180 viewsBloomBlue

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:43 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Not sure if they were in a cell but they were at a custody centre. How they got into a custody centre with a gun I have no idea and whoever managed to miss that will be feeling pretty awful right now.

A policewoman just phoned into LBC and yes the police aren't allowed by law to fully search a suspect until they are booked in, in certain situations. Admittedly I wasn't listening intently to the start when she phoned in but surely that cannot be correct
RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 1175 viewstextbackup

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:47 - Sep 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Tragic.

If the killer was determined, you can get tiny guns these days that can be smuggled more easily.

No blame should be attached to anyone at this point apart from the barbaric murderer. Although I do agree that the person who carried out the search will probably be blaming themselves.

If it is a tiny gun, and majority stuck up his A***hole to conceal it, there’s no way of spotting that with a pat down

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:59 - Sep 25 with 1146 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:51 - Sep 25 by textbackup

If it is a tiny gun, and majority stuck up his A***hole to conceal it, there’s no way of spotting that with a pat down

If they had hidden the gun inside their body and then turned the gun on themselves after the policeman was shot it does sound like a political statement. Less so if the gun discharged for a second time during a scuffle. The latest news says that the suspect was searched:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 10:25 - Sep 25 with 1096 viewsPendejo

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 09:51 - Sep 25 by BloomBlue

A policewoman just phoned into LBC and yes the police aren't allowed by law to fully search a suspect until they are booked in, in certain situations. Admittedly I wasn't listening intently to the start when she phoned in but surely that cannot be correct

Since the death of a special branch officer many years ago ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Stephen_Oake) I had thought standard procedure on detention was to cuff an individual until such time as they've been searched.

Await full details but it seems to be procedural failure.

R.I.P. Officer in line of duty

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:08 - Sep 25 with 1032 viewsnoggin

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 10:25 - Sep 25 by Pendejo

Since the death of a special branch officer many years ago ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Stephen_Oake) I had thought standard procedure on detention was to cuff an individual until such time as they've been searched.

Await full details but it seems to be procedural failure.

R.I.P. Officer in line of duty

Sky News reporting that the suspect was arrested after a round of ammunition was found during a search. He was placed in the police van but not handcuffed.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:24 - Sep 25 with 999 viewsBloomBlue

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:08 - Sep 25 by noggin

Sky News reporting that the suspect was arrested after a round of ammunition was found during a search. He was placed in the police van but not handcuffed.

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:59 - Sep 25 with 956 viewsnoggin

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:24 - Sep 25 by BloomBlue

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

What do you mean? Reports now saying the officer was shot up to 5 times (BBC News) which I imagine would be impossible with a tiny homemade gun.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 12:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 13:23 - Sep 25 with 850 viewsjeera

RIP the police office shot in Croydon on 11:08 - Sep 25 by noggin

You would assume that all entry doors to any police building would have security scanners.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024