Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... 09:25 - Sep 25 with 5693 viewsitfcjoe

....according to Lambert this morning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:26 - Sep 25 with 3493 viewshype313

That explains McGuiness then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:27 - Sep 25 with 3486 viewsclive_baker

Just 13 months out then, pretty much

Mad.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:27 - Sep 25 with 3485 viewsMullet

Really? That's not great is it? At least Chambers has started well at RB.

Ndaba out on loan do you think too? Seems beyond EFL games he's going to be further down the list unless we play 3-4-3 suddenly.

Where's Crowe at these days? Miles away now?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:29 - Sep 25 with 3460 viewshammo56

Unfortunately it looks like KVY is going to be another one who without doubt would strengthen our team but turns out to be injury prone.
KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:32 - Sep 25 with 3427 viewshampstead_blue

Which Christmas?

There is something seriously wrong with our medical dept.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:33 - Sep 25 with 3392 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, who could have predicted that?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:33 - Sep 25 with 3404 viewsDanTheMan

Do we just take hammers to players legs when they arrive here?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:36 - Sep 25 with 3385 viewsHerbivore

Jesus wept. I'd really have preferred us to loan a right back that being the case. Not sure a square peg with slightly rounded edges is the best solution over that length of time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:36 - Sep 25 with 3379 viewsMatt_Netherlands

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:29 - Sep 25 by hammo56

Unfortunately it looks like KVY is going to be another one who without doubt would strengthen our team but turns out to be injury prone.

I don't think his injury record was ever that bad at Colchester!
KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 3354 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Achilles for him isn't it? Strange, seemed an ever present at Col U.

Chambers has started the season well at RB to be fair though.

Positive news quartet back in training as well (Woolfenden, Jackson, Judge, Skuse)

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:41 - Sep 25 with 3348 viewsITFCBlues

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:27 - Sep 25 by Mullet

Really? That's not great is it? At least Chambers has started well at RB.

Ndaba out on loan do you think too? Seems beyond EFL games he's going to be further down the list unless we play 3-4-3 suddenly.

Where's Crowe at these days? Miles away now?

Chambers at RB would worry me over an extended period. He's not really been tested yet properly in either of the games.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 3322 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 3316 viewsmarchy

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:40 - Sep 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

Achilles for him isn't it? Strange, seemed an ever present at Col U.

Chambers has started the season well at RB to be fair though.

Positive news quartet back in training as well (Woolfenden, Jackson, Judge, Skuse)

It's not that strange here. Not anymore.
KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:46 - Sep 25 with 3307 viewsKieran_Knows

I mean, it's been beyond ridiculous for a while now, but this really is just taking the p*ss.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:50 - Sep 25 with 3282 viewsclive_baker

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:26 - Sep 25 by hype313

That explains McGuiness then.

Yep, think Chambo is certainly being viewed as a RB for the foreseeable.

Ward & Chambers to be fair are experienced and reliable full backs at this level. If Woolfy can form a partnership with Nsiala or McGuinness then that's not a bad looking back 4 to be fair. We all know we've got an abundance of riches in front of them too.

The squad is in a very good shape, just need Norwood to find some form and tick off each game as it comes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:50 - Sep 25 with 3277 viewshammo56

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:36 - Sep 25 by Matt_Netherlands

I don't think his injury record was ever that bad at Colchester!

Which then takes us back to the million dollar question of why is it that players at ITFC take so long to recover from injuries?
Thought I had read somewhere that he did have a achilles problem whilst at Colchester but might be wrong.
KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 3272 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not sure why we're all surprised

Poll: If it were one or the other

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:07 - Sep 25 with 3193 viewsTerry_Nutkins

'before' Christmas wasn't it?

I think he's just got sore Achilles and I think they are terrified of risking it because that's the season gone. A really frustrating one that.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:08 - Sep 25 with 3186 viewsChrisd

It's a worry. You can see this dragging on and for a player that has only played 9 games in near on a year. Feel for KVY and disappointed as a supporter, but PL needs to plan ahead without him for some time to come. Hopefully, Chambers can continue to perform to the standard he is currently at RB.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 11:13]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:09 - Sep 25 with 3180 viewsSomethingBlue

As expected, really. But my god, we sign an excellent right-back and then he's basically out for more than a year immediately. We really can't catch a break and, yet again, you have to wonder why this happens.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:10 - Sep 25 with 3169 viewsSomethingBlue

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:41 - Sep 25 by ITFCBlues

Chambers at RB would worry me over an extended period. He's not really been tested yet properly in either of the games.

Likewise. Woolfenden could also be an option there I guess, if it goes pear shaped.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:10 - Sep 25 with 3165 viewsTerry_Nutkins

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:50 - Sep 25 by hammo56

Which then takes us back to the million dollar question of why is it that players at ITFC take so long to recover from injuries?
Thought I had read somewhere that he did have a achilles problem whilst at Colchester but might be wrong.

They dont. It's a complete myth. We've just had some bad injuries recently and as is often the case when players return after being out it's the most dangerous period of recovery.

We're in a fantastic place after latest update. Can't be many teams with less injuries right now which is a great place to be at this stage.

As I've said go and look at some of the top teams injury records last few years with the money they throw at it. Spurs, Man Utd, Everton etc etc. It's not an Ipswich problem. It's a fixture demand increase problem across football.

There is some data on the correlation between Spurs increased fixtures and increased injuries. Their spend on injured players went up 48% as they increased their load.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 10:12]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 3157 viewsitfcjoe

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:10 - Sep 25 by Terry_Nutkins

They dont. It's a complete myth. We've just had some bad injuries recently and as is often the case when players return after being out it's the most dangerous period of recovery.

We're in a fantastic place after latest update. Can't be many teams with less injuries right now which is a great place to be at this stage.

As I've said go and look at some of the top teams injury records last few years with the money they throw at it. Spurs, Man Utd, Everton etc etc. It's not an Ipswich problem. It's a fixture demand increase problem across football.

There is some data on the correlation between Spurs increased fixtures and increased injuries. Their spend on injured players went up 48% as they increased their load.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 10:12]

How can you possibly say it's a 'complete myth' that players take so long to recover with a straight face?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 3155 viewsNthQldITFC

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 09:33 - Sep 25 by DanTheMan

Do we just take hammers to players legs when they arrive here?

I wonder if there's anything unusual in the surfaces at the training ground or at Portman Road? Like maybe a transition between grass and a concrete path or something odd like that. I always used to hate walking on concrete around changing rooms etc in my studs after a game, used to really jar in the ankles for me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 3153 viewsChrisd

KVY - Hopefully he'll be back by Christmas... on 10:10 - Sep 25 by SomethingBlue

Likewise. Woolfenden could also be an option there I guess, if it goes pear shaped.

True and we have Donacien too, although for me he'd be the last resort. At least PL has options.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024