Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID 10:45 - Sep 25 with 439 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.resus.org.uk/watch?utm_source=NL_medium=mainfeature_date=Sept2020

It'll take you a few minutes, read, learn, stay safe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 11:08 - Sep 25 with 395 viewsWeWereZombies

The Scottish voice animation has a charming voice, worth a listen for that alone, but also a very timely reminder and glad to see the use of defibrillator mentioned, thanks. Always more than useful to know where the closest AED is.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 11:13 - Sep 25 with 389 viewsBlueBadger

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 11:08 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

The Scottish voice animation has a charming voice, worth a listen for that alone, but also a very timely reminder and glad to see the use of defibrillator mentioned, thanks. Always more than useful to know where the closest AED is.

Fun stat: if you're planning on having an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, do at an airport. You're generally never more than 2 minutes away from an AED and EVERYONE working there is trained to use them(they're not hard, it's literally, open the bag, fire it up, do what it tells you).

Average survival rate of OOH arrests is around 10%. In airports, it's around 30.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 11:18 - Sep 25 with 385 viewsnoggin

The ambulance service I work for still places a hand towel under the pillow of the trolley bed. I always thought it was just for wiping the patient's face if they throw up, but apparently it's from the old days before BVMs and tubes were carried and the towel was placed over the mouth during mouth to mouth. I doubt many survived cardiac arrest in those days.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 14:01 - Sep 25 with 348 viewsPendejo

BB's hobby horses, part 855471547 - 'bystander' CPR during COVID on 11:13 - Sep 25 by BlueBadger

Fun stat: if you're planning on having an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, do at an airport. You're generally never more than 2 minutes away from an AED and EVERYONE working there is trained to use them(they're not hard, it's literally, open the bag, fire it up, do what it tells you).

Average survival rate of OOH arrests is around 10%. In airports, it's around 30.

I'll bear that one in mind.

Note to self... Move nearer to an airport

Survival rate at an airport surely improved right now, less crowded?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024