Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winger Required 12:03 - Sep 25 with 2924 viewscressi

who is available who will give us something different and maybe make a difference? Loan or freebie
Winger Required on 12:07 - Sep 25 with 2905 viewsSuperblue95

Do we really need one?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Winger Required on 12:12 - Sep 25 with 2882 viewsTractorTom29

Winger Required on 12:07 - Sep 25 by Superblue95

Do we really need one?

Garath McCleary or Marcus Maddison.

Would take either but Maddison scores more, is younger and is more versatile.
However, would want a big wage and reportedly has attitude issues.
Winger Required on 12:32 - Sep 25 with 2845 viewsNazemariner

Andre Green?
Winger Required on 12:33 - Sep 25 with 2842 viewsHerbivore

Armando Dobra.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Winger Required on 12:33 - Sep 25 with 2843 viewsITFC_96

Do we really need one?

Not really. The squad is huge. Why are people still insisting we sign players when we could offload probably half our squad and still be competitive in this league?
Winger Required on 12:37 - Sep 25 with 2821 viewspointofblue

Winger Required on 12:33 - Sep 25 by ITFC_96

Not really. The squad is huge. Why are people still insisting we sign players when we could offload probably half our squad and still be competitive in this league?

Reports are Lambert is still in the market for a winger.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Winger Required on 12:38 - Sep 25 with 2815 viewsSuperblue95

Winger Required on 12:37 - Sep 25 by pointofblue

Reports are Lambert is still in the market for a winger.

Probably end up with Danny Rowe

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Winger Required on 12:42 - Sep 25 with 2802 viewsclive_baker

Feels a bit odd to be looking at a winger given our already bloated squad. Lambert has spoken about getting it 'more manageable' and I'm not sure how 2 out (Ndaba & El Miz) and 2 in (winger and McGuinness) would achieve that. Especially as presumably the 2 in are a lot closer to the starting XI than the 2 out, otherwise what's the point?

Lankester, Sears, Edwards, Judge, Dobra. Jackson even are fighting for 2 positions. We don't need a winger. I would rather we signed a goalscorer who can keep Norwood on his toes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Winger Required on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 2789 viewshype313

Winger Required on 12:12 - Sep 25 by TractorTom29

Garath McCleary or Marcus Maddison.

Would take either but Maddison scores more, is younger and is more versatile.
However, would want a big wage and reportedly has attitude issues.

Maddison would cause issues, he has, by all accounts, a nasty side to him which could ruin a dressing room, not to dissimilar to Paul Taylor.

The last thing we need is a bad egg.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Winger Required on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 2787 viewsHerbivore

Winger Required on 12:42 - Sep 25 by clive_baker

Feels a bit odd to be looking at a winger given our already bloated squad. Lambert has spoken about getting it 'more manageable' and I'm not sure how 2 out (Ndaba & El Miz) and 2 in (winger and McGuinness) would achieve that. Especially as presumably the 2 in are a lot closer to the starting XI than the 2 out, otherwise what's the point?

Lankester, Sears, Edwards, Judge, Dobra. Jackson even are fighting for 2 positions. We don't need a winger. I would rather we signed a goalscorer who can keep Norwood on his toes.

Lambert doesn't fare well when he has lots of options either. We've started this season well with a lengthy injury list rather forcing us into a settled side. Similar happened last season, early doors we had players either out or not fully fit and generally picked a settled line up. The rotation started in earnest once the likes of Nolan and Nsiala were back and Judge was getting back to match fitness.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 13:06]

Winger Required on 13:05 - Sep 25 with 2718 viewstractordownsouth

Winger Required on 12:45 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Lambert doesn't fare well when he has lots of options either. We've started this season well with a lengthy injury list rather forcing us into a settled side. Similar happened last season, early doors we had players either out or not fully fit and generally picked a settled line up. The rotation started in earnest once the likes of Nolan and Nsiala were back and Judge was getting back to match fitness.

I still think that we'll be okay rotating players this season (especially with more midweek fixtures) as long as we don't rotate the system. Although certain players like Nolan and Dozzell need prolonged runs in the team in order to perform.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Winger Required on 13:07 - Sep 25 with 2707 viewsHerbivore

Winger Required on 13:05 - Sep 25 by tractordownsouth

I still think that we'll be okay rotating players this season (especially with more midweek fixtures) as long as we don't rotate the system. Although certain players like Nolan and Dozzell need prolonged runs in the team in order to perform.

Possibly. I do worry that when we have all our CBs fit and KVY is back he'll be tempted to go back to three at the back.

Winger Required on 13:18 - Sep 25 with 2676 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Michael Jacobs would have been the best option, taken up by Portsmouth now.

Possibly Ben Woodburn from Liverpool, or Nathan Holland from West Ham on loan.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Winger Required on 13:22 - Sep 25 with 2660 viewstractordownsouth

Winger Required on 13:07 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Possibly. I do worry that when we have all our CBs fit and KVY is back he'll be tempted to go back to three at the back.

I don't think he will as Ward is better as a full back than a wing back, whereas the opposite was true of Garbutt.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Winger Required on 13:53 - Sep 25 with 2597 viewsclive_baker

Quite.

I'm looking forward to seeing him p1ss around giving Cornell an unnecessary run of games in November.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 13:54]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Winger Required on 13:53 - Sep 25 with 2595 viewsGarv

Winger Required on 12:38 - Sep 25 by Superblue95

Probably end up with Danny Rowe

Lambert's made mistakes but I don't think he'd be that silly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Winger Required on 14:33 - Sep 25 with 2510 viewsGarv

Do we really need one?

Need? Probably not. But if we have ambitions to win promotion and storm the league as so many think we should, we'll need good wide options and when you break down our current ones there's still doubts.

Lankester - returning from a long lay off, made a promising start but unlikely to play every week.
Judge - should play a big-ish role but arguably not a winger.
Edwards - Made a great start to the season and gets us up the pitch, but delivery from wide has always been very average.
Sears - Reliable and will score and assist, but not a winger and won't win games on his own which sometimes you need wingers to do.
Dobra - likely to go on loan and again possibly more suited to a central role.

We were crying out for wingers last season and even now another one wouldn't hurt.

Winger Required on 14:35 - Sep 25 with 2503 viewsHerbivore

Winger Required on 14:33 - Sep 25 by Garv

Need? Probably not. But if we have ambitions to win promotion and storm the league as so many think we should, we'll need good wide options and when you break down our current ones there's still doubts.

Lankester - returning from a long lay off, made a promising start but unlikely to play every week.
Judge - should play a big-ish role but arguably not a winger.
Edwards - Made a great start to the season and gets us up the pitch, but delivery from wide has always been very average.
Sears - Reliable and will score and assist, but not a winger and won't win games on his own which sometimes you need wingers to do.
Dobra - likely to go on loan and again possibly more suited to a central role.

We were crying out for wingers last season and even now another one wouldn't hurt.

Jackson, assuming he stays, can also be used as a wide forward. It looks an area where we have lots of options. The squad is already too big and we know Lambert can't resist pissing about with the line up when he has too many options. I'm not convinced another wide player is really needed.

Winger Required on 15:26 - Sep 25 with 2424 viewsGarv

Winger Required on 14:35 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

Jackson, assuming he stays, can also be used as a wide forward. It looks an area where we have lots of options. The squad is already too big and we know Lambert can't resist pissing about with the line up when he has too many options. I'm not convinced another wide player is really needed.

True, but wouldn't we prefer a dedicated winger to play there instead of someone who, by all accounts, isn't considered to be best suited to the position?

We could still see one or two leave during the window and we are bound to pick up more injuries this term. The likes of Sears and Judge aren't getting any younger. I can't be too downcast over the potential of more attacking options.

Winger Required on 15:28 - Sep 25 with 2411 viewsBlueBadger

Winger Required on 13:53 - Sep 25 by Garv

Lambert's made mistakes but I don't think he'd be that silly.

Absolutely. It'll be Will Keane instead.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Winger Required on 15:32 - Sep 25 with 2384 viewsHerbivore

Winger Required on 15:26 - Sep 25 by Garv

True, but wouldn't we prefer a dedicated winger to play there instead of someone who, by all accounts, isn't considered to be best suited to the position?

We could still see one or two leave during the window and we are bound to pick up more injuries this term. The likes of Sears and Judge aren't getting any younger. I can't be too downcast over the potential of more attacking options.

In theory options are a good thing, certainly in the hands of a capable manager. In the hands of Lambert, I worry.

Winger Required on 15:44 - Sep 25 with 2333 viewsGarv

Winger Required on 15:32 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

In theory options are a good thing, certainly in the hands of a capable manager. In the hands of Lambert, I worry.

Don't worry, be happy.

Winger Required on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 2286 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed, the Garbutt talk made me think back to last year when it seemed that we moved Garbutt to left back to make way for Judge on the left side of midfield.

Probably didn’t happen exactly like that but we seemed to lose our shape even more and Garbutt’s better work in attack by moving him back.

The temptation is to change the team shape to bring in certain players. But I think the challenge for Lambert and players like Judge (and Norwood based on the Rovers game) is to find a role within the formation rather than play a free role no-one can really justify.

Pronouns: He/Him

Winger Required on 17:56 - Sep 25 with 2160 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Did we miss out on Gareth Bale then? Bloody Evans.
Winger Required on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 2111 viewsmanchego

Winger Required on 15:32 - Sep 25 by Herbivore

With our squad I think a lot of managers would - as they say - love it.
I, sadly don't trust our Paul.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024