Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who work in hospitals 21:57 - Sep 25 with 1076 viewsgiant_stow

Hats off to you, I don't know how you get used to being close proximity to covid. I just had to drop a sample off for a friend and found walking in there with all the signs and protocols absolutely terrifying (to be frank). Not to be soppy about it but thanks too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People who work in hospitals on 22:00 - Sep 25 with 1052 viewsjeera

The one thing that impresses me the most is how people manage to wear protective gear; i.e. masks, for hours and hours on end.

That cannot be easy and just makes it more confusing as to why some people complain about wearing one for minutes here and there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People who work in hospitals on 22:02 - Sep 25 with 1048 viewsBlueBadger

People who work in hospitals on 22:00 - Sep 25 by jeera

The one thing that impresses me the most is how people manage to wear protective gear; i.e. masks, for hours and hours on end.

That cannot be easy and just makes it more confusing as to why some people complain about wearing one for minutes here and there.

Oh don't worry, we moan like f*ckery about having to wear it as well.
It still gets worn, because we're not c*nts. Or at least, not that kind of c*nt.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 22:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People who work in hospitals on 22:19 - Sep 25 with 1009 viewsCoco

not just Covid but the harsh realities of our mortality.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

People who work in hospitals on 22:58 - Sep 25 with 963 viewsLRB84UK

People who work in hospitals on 22:00 - Sep 25 by jeera

A few weeks back I'd just come off the normal 10 hour Friday hospital shift, the whole time in a mask and several hours in gloves, apron and visor too. I'd been home, cooked tea, done bedtime with my son and realised I had to pop to the co- op. I got what I needed and headed to the till. It had been a long day. There was a woman at the counter who, no word of a lie, spent 5 minutes moaning to the shop assistant behind the till about the mask, she felt faint, couldn't breath, etc etc. Ot was all fake anyway, all a government plot. There was clearly nothing wrong with her and it was all attention. She wasn't struggling for breath she was just moaning away. (I am compassionate to those that need me to be) There was a queue of about 6 people behind me. I said (very loudly) "I'm sorry to hear that your unhappy with the masks, I've just done a 10 hour hospital shift in one. If you give me your name then I'll make sure if you ever need to come in to the hospital its in your notes that you don't like masks. That way you won't have to wear one, of course that will also include oxygen masks." She soon scuttled off, I got a round of applause and the man behind me brough my shopping!

I actually feel safer at work than I do in town, supermarkets etc. Everyone wears the ppe, keeps their distance and behaves!
People who work in hospitals on 23:23 - Sep 25 with 934 viewsgiant_stow

People who work in hospitals on 22:19 - Sep 25 by Coco

not just Covid but the harsh realities of our mortality.

Bludy good point

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People who work in hospitals on 08:19 - Sep 26 with 772 viewsclive_baker

Nice post Ullaa.

My wife is a nurse at St George’s, she’s been in the profession straight from Uni and absolutely loves doing a job that’s so meaningful. It’s hard, brutal and relentless, the hours are often long and at unsociable times, and the nature of the work can be deeply upsetting. I admire anyone in such professions. It certainly makes me realise the relative pointlessness of my pen pushing job in the scheme of things.

How’s your boy getting on?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

People who work in hospitals on 08:31 - Sep 26 with 746 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

People who work in hospitals on 22:58 - Sep 25 by LRB84UK

A few weeks back I'd just come off the normal 10 hour Friday hospital shift, the whole time in a mask and several hours in gloves, apron and visor too. I'd been home, cooked tea, done bedtime with my son and realised I had to pop to the co- op. I got what I needed and headed to the till. It had been a long day. There was a woman at the counter who, no word of a lie, spent 5 minutes moaning to the shop assistant behind the till about the mask, she felt faint, couldn't breath, etc etc. Ot was all fake anyway, all a government plot. There was clearly nothing wrong with her and it was all attention. She wasn't struggling for breath she was just moaning away. (I am compassionate to those that need me to be) There was a queue of about 6 people behind me. I said (very loudly) "I'm sorry to hear that your unhappy with the masks, I've just done a 10 hour hospital shift in one. If you give me your name then I'll make sure if you ever need to come in to the hospital its in your notes that you don't like masks. That way you won't have to wear one, of course that will also include oxygen masks." She soon scuttled off, I got a round of applause and the man behind me brough my shopping!

I actually feel safer at work than I do in town, supermarkets etc. Everyone wears the ppe, keeps their distance and behaves!

Bet you wish you'd got more shopping.....great post.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

People who work in hospitals on 08:42 - Sep 26 with 734 viewsgiant_stow

People who work in hospitals on 08:19 - Sep 26 by clive_baker

Nice post Ullaa.

My wife is a nurse at St George’s, she’s been in the profession straight from Uni and absolutely loves doing a job that’s so meaningful. It’s hard, brutal and relentless, the hours are often long and at unsociable times, and the nature of the work can be deeply upsetting. I admire anyone in such professions. It certainly makes me realise the relative pointlessness of my pen pushing job in the scheme of things.

How’s your boy getting on?

Amen to the relative pointlessness point.

My boy is ok thanks - we sorted out the head bang incident without having to go nuclear (if you saw that post), thank goodness and realised there was no bullying.

All the best to your wive and all nurses too.

Login to get fewer ads

People who work in hospitals on 11:31 - Sep 26 with 662 viewsNorthstandoldie

I've just come out of hospital (4 days due to a copd flare up) and I cannot speak highly enough of ALL staff there, from the cleaners up to doctors. Nothing was too much trouble, totally professional in everything they do and the way they conduct themselves is superb. If you happen to need their services be assured you are in the BEST possible hands. They deserve a 100% payrise in my opinion.
People who work in hospitals on 12:50 - Sep 26 with 642 viewsclive_baker

People who work in hospitals on 08:42 - Sep 26 by giant_stow

Amen to the relative pointlessness point.

My boy is ok thanks - we sorted out the head bang incident without having to go nuclear (if you saw that post), thank goodness and realised there was no bullying.

All the best to your wive and all nurses too.

I did see it, very pleased to hear it’s been resolved.

Cheers, and to you and yours. Keep right on buh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

People who work in hospitals on 16:18 - Sep 26 with 577 viewseastangliaisblue

People who work in hospitals on 22:02 - Sep 25 by BlueBadger

Oh don't worry, we moan like f*ckery about having to wear it as well.
It still gets worn, because we're not c*nts. Or at least, not that kind of c*nt.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2020 22:02]

See also wearing a mask, putting out field fires which usually only happen in the hottest months of the year. I used to swear like a fecker knowing I was going to a field fire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024